Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
NHWM,

I thought a lot about your moving post on May 4 about how your family came to be and the unending love that you have for your daughters. You are an amazing mom!

You have a gift for putting your experience into words. Have you thought about writing a children's book exploring the unconditional love a parent has for a biological child and adopted child in the same family? I think you are in a unique position to explain and reassure all children of their parent's love.

One of my neighbors has five kids. Four are adopted and one (surprise!) is biological. Additionally, two of the kids they adopted are of a different race from the parents but there is absolutely no difference in the love all the kids receive from their parents. At the time, there weren't any children's books that fit their family.

Blessings to you and continued prayers for your family!
(2)

You have my prayers.
(1)

Hey,

Thanks again, everyone. I’m hanging in. Still waiting and praying for my sweet daughter while she is isolating from her apartment.

I hope her roommate’s mother will recover. I hope her roommate will stay safe. This virus is such a crap shoot. It effects everyone differently. I’m praying and hoping for the best.

Meanwhile, my other daughter has an appointment with the vet that happens to be near our home. Today is the day that she and the vet decided to put him down. Sad day for all of us. He’s an adorable toy french poodle that she rescued.

Metoo,

You’re very kind. I have not written any children’s books on adoption. That would be fun!

I have done volunteer work with the adoption agency. I served on the local auxiliary board. I participated in an outreach program where I went to high schools to speak to students about adoption.

I was also the activities director for our auxiliary where I planned all of the children’s functions, Easter picnics with an egg hunt, Christmas parties with Santa and so on.

They were fun outings and a wonderful experience for all of us to share our experiences with other families that were built through adoption.

I also loved organizing fundraisers to help the agency and birth parents. I loved making or buying individual baskets with special items for the birth moms. Their love and sacrifice will never be forgotten and I could never repay them for the precious baby that was placed in my arms for us to raise as our own.

I will never forget what the judge told us when our adoption was finalized when our child was six months old. He said that they were ‘happy’ cases for him to see ‘families built through adoption.’

I am happy for your neighbors. I also have several neighbors that adopted from different countries that have blended cultures into one family.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter