Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Gershun: I agree about discussing scripture and that arguing about it should not be a part of it. We're here to lift each other up, in God's Holy name. Amen.
(4)

Smeshque: Your DH's story was so beautiful. Thank you for posting it.
(1)

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
(2)

A Prayer for the Caregiver
by Bruce McIntyre
Unknown and often unnoticed, you are a hero nonetheless.
For your love, sacrificial, is God at his best.
You walk by faith in the darkness of the great unknown,
And your courage, even in weakness, gives life to your beloved.
You hold shaking hands and provide the ultimate care:
Your presence, the knowing, that you are simply there.
You rise to face the giant of disease and despair,
It is your finest hour, though you may be unaware.
You are resilient, amazing, and beauty unexcelled,
You are the caregiver and you have done well!
(1)

James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
(2)

Thank you for the poem and verse LL.

Today was another rough one, but I managed to hold back most of my tear moments. Thank the Lord. I don't know what it is about Saturdays, but it seems like the rest of the goings on of the week all catch up to me on Saturday. I always seem to struggle most on those days. But, anyway I know I am not the only one struggling as most of you have yours too. So I am just praying for us all the strength and courage that we need to do our best at what lies ahead of us. Love to you all.

“But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.” 
James 1:6
(3)

Smeshque: You're welcome! I am so sorry that you are struggling on some Saturdays. I will lift you up in prayer, dear lady. Caregiving is often quite a load to carry, but you do it for your dear mother-just as she cared for you as a child.
(2)

The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall glory.

Psalms 64:10
(2)

Philippians 4:13

" I can do all this through him who gives me strength."
(2)

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:32
(3)

1 Corinthians 10:13

" No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."
(1)

Asking for prayers.
We are heading out of town, DH uncle in ICU, Dr. Say nothing else they can do for him. Praying for the healing hands if the Almighty to touch him. Please pray for him, his name is Gary. And for our safe travels.
Thank you family.
Much love and prayers for you all.
(3)

Smeshque: Praying for winter travel mercies as well as your husband's Uncle Gary. I pray for comfort from our God who knows all and sees all.❤💙💙💙💙💙💙
Love,
Llamalover47
(1)

Thank you LL- I appreciate it very much. We made it back home safe and sound, thank the Lord. We will know more about DH uncle tomorrow.

Thank you for prayers .
(1)

Smeshque: Oh, I am glad that you've already arrived back home! Praises! I will continue to pray for DH's uncle. God knows his needs.💙💙💙💜💜💜💜
Love, Llamalover47
(1)

One of the hardest things about caregiving is helping someone live their life and trying to have one of your own, Unless you can mesh them and make them one? I don't know, I just don't think it is possible at least for my situation. But, I am determined to figure this out. I am trying to rely only on the Lord and not think I can do this alone, because I cannot. I just want to do this well, that's all. I just want to do this well.

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
(2)

Dear Smeshque: Please know that you are doing it well as you have God in your court. You are not expected to be perfect; only HE was. If we were all perfect, there would be no need for a bible, for instance. We go to HIS WORD to learn about it as we are never done learning. There is always room for HIS knowledge.
How is your DH's Uncle Gary? The Lord knows his needs and please know that I'm praying for his welfare.
Love,
Llamalover47
(1)

Smeshque: How is it going? Just checking in with you.
(0)

LL- Thank you for checking on me. Doing ok. We are just waiting to hear about Dh uncle. His son said the Dr. says he is getting worse, but is maintaining a 90% oxygen with the oxygen mask on. He is breathing on his own. But we will just have to wait and see what the Lord will do.
We had 2 good sermons today. One was on the Promises of God, and the other on Our purpose. Very encouraging both of them. After the evening service, DH and I had to build onto our chicken pen. It seems something has been getting our chickens. Like a once a week thing for the last month. We haven't had time to do anything about it, until this evening. Normally the chickens just roam as they please and we had to take away a little freedom from them by locking them up at night. I am pretty sure the predator is a hawk or an owl. It only takes the chickens heads. :( But I had to put my chicken Zippy in a cage by herself. Because it appears that something tried to get her, she had a big wound on her head, and we only noticed because we saw the other chickens attacking her. Chickens are sadly cannibals. So until she heals we will keep her separate. She is not too happy about it, but it is for her own good. Sorry didn't mean to go in about chickens, but my reality.
Mom was feeling bad yesterday morning, but she is back to normal today. I am so thankful, so fearful she will get the flu.
We will be taking her on a day trip this week, she is looking forward to it. Planning a big trip in Sept. for her 80th. Lord willing it will all work out.
Again thank you for your concern and prayers.
I am just waiting and trusting in the Lord to give me some understanding I am lacking regarding caregiving. But I will wait.
Hope all is well with you.
(1)

Smeshque: Good to hear from you. I won't write much as I am done for the day, watching tv and reading a novel. It's 5 minutes to 1:00 A.M. here.
(0)

James 1:27
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world
(2)

Smeshque: Really sorry about your chickens. Hawks are predators. Did your mom get the senior flu shot? Is your DH's uncle an elder? Hope you have fun on your trip with your mom. It's surprising that you're taking a winter trip. Caregiving is not for the faint of heart. Will pray for DH's Uncle Gary and your dear mom.
(0)

LL- Mom refused flu shot, based on that she always gets sick when she gets one. It's true. I think her feeling bad was some milk she shouldn't have drank. It wasa stomach thing, no fever. But she is over it. But, she did not sleep well last night so today was a hard one for her, but she is a trooper.
Dh uncle is on his 60's not sure exactly, just know he is in his 60's. He had a drinking problem most of his life, quit a few years back, then had some heart troubles was on a lot of med's. Then he had a stroke, was supposed to go to NH for rehab, did not make it out. Now he has pneumonia. He is maintaining, but just waiting. His son and niece have joint guardian of him. But they really haven't taken the job seriously. And to get any info from them is like pulling teeth. Trying to guess at what they are saying. We have been praying for him, it is the best thing we can do and the only thing. So we will see.
We do most of our travels in winter. But, the weather here has really not been as bad as most places, thank the Lord. So it is bearable.
(1)

Smeshque: So was your mother allergic to the products in
the influenza shot? Maybe your mom can no longer drink milk?
Your DH's Uncle is young. I have found through this site that sometimes - but not always - family members who are supposed to take care of their dad don't.
Hubby has injured his back. Appt set for Thurs.
Very upsetting news has been about women going to full term birth only to abort the child at the last minute. A good friend posted about it and her son talked to the offending poster on social media.
(1)

Thank you all for your prayers DH uncle is beating the pneumonia, and is breathing good without the assistance of oxygen. Thank the Lord!
(2)

LL- I am not sure if Mom is allergic or not to the flu shot. She just stopped doing them, her choice. As they did always make her ill.
DH uncle is doing better, slow progress, but progress is good thank the Lord
It is very heart wrenching about the babies. Oh it breaks my heart. So many people would love and cherish that baby. Me being one.
I hope your DH appt. tomorrow for his back goes well.

Our day trip was nice. Mom is in bed she is tuckered out, she had such fun. And thank the Lord we drove through a rain storm and arrived at our destination, with a warm 74 degrees and no rain. We had a good time, especially Mom. Which is the reason we go as often as possible. There is this place along the way home that if we pass by, she likes to stop there and read the bible together, and sing some songs, in the beauty of the woods and waterfalls around us. It's a sweet thing.
But I am thankful we made it back to our place of stay safely.
(2)

Smeshque: I do hope your mom does not get the flu. Some strains are deadly. My daughter fought H1N1 and it was VERY BAD. She could have died. Did your mom get the pneumonia shot?
Glad you got back from your trip and your mom enjoyed it. I did get letter today, almost got lost-a resident brought it to the door. I'll have to ask you to be patient as I must start my daughter's income taxes. Ty.
(0)

Well, it has been a rough start to this month. Last Saturday my uncle was buried and this Saturday(tomorrow) my DH uncle will be buried. a week a part.
The grevediggers will be here early to bury him in our family cemetary.
I am not sure what happened with DH uncle. He was making progress and then 2 days later they said they were going to place him on hospice, there is nothing else we can do,then today he died. So spent the evening helping family get the things together for his burial. It will be done the way of the tribe.
This is just a part of life I dislike so much.
(3)

Losing 2 Loved one's so closely together is awful smeshque and I'm so sorry.
(2)

Thank you Lu,
It is a little rough, but, I know that God is in control and we will be ok.
I always tell my Mom if God brings us to it, HE will bring us through it.
And I always recognize that it could be worse.
Thank you again, my friend.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter