Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Tiger- Did you go? Thank you for all your encouraging scriptures

Dare- Thank you for your sweet reminder, with the poem of footprints.

Send- Sing it loudly :)

LL- Thank you for your kind words. You are such a sweet hearted lady.

NHWM- I have felt alone and distant from God. But if we draw nigh to Him He will draw nigh to us. Keep drawing, girl. You will get there. You are NOT alone, even though at times it feels like it.

Shell- You are also having a tough time and you are aware and need also to draw night to God. Do not lose hope, help is underway. Hang in there.

Cmag- I agree that complaints like the children of Israel are different than agonies of the heart. I was only saying what keeps me in check. Also I believe we need to cry out to God with our agony, desperately asking Him for HIs help. However I do not believe that we ourselves need to itemize our agonies because we do not have the words that could express the pains we feel. But, the Holy Spirit cries out for us on our behalf.

Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

It is wonderful to see the love and concern for all those having a difficult time right now. You all are showing such love.

Even if the drum stops beating
My soul will keep on singing
Even louder, even louder
Even when my eyes can't see it
I will sing till I believe it
Even louder, even louder
(2)

Thank you everybody for your prayers...for you thoughts...for sharing God's sweet words and for that lovely poem.

I don't know what I would do without all for you! You all have brought tears to my eyes just knowing someone cares...and I am lucky to have you...Smeshque, LL, NHWM, Tiger, Dare even though the poem wasn't meant for me, but how I loved it so!!!

Hugs to all of you💓💞🙏
(4)

Shell,
All good things and poems are meant for you!

You are not alone.
(3)

NHWM,
I have been in a funk or something...it some times feels like it is to much!!! I don't get paralyze by it...I do the opposite...I will work my butt off around the house...run all over the city doing errands until I either end up in the hospital or bedridden! Its like I just can't stay still and when I need the Lord the most, I have been turning away from Him, which isn't like me at all! I haven't even been on here that much...I guess, I am tried of this chapter of my life and just want to start a new one!

I am sorry that you too are going through a hard time. You are not the only one who feels alone, I do too! Just know I still have you in my prayers and thoughts. We have to remind ourselves that God will never abandoned us and He is always with us even when we don't feel it!🙌🙏💞

Smeshque and LL you both are like rocks of faith and I just can't seem to find the words...how wonderful you both are!🙏💗

Tiger thank you for sharing. You are so sweet and thoughtful! I pray God heals you...🌈💓

Dare I just love that poem. The timing to prefect!💞👣
(3)

Thank you Send💞🙏⭐
(2)

Shell: You're welcome.
(2)

NHWM: You're surely welcome. We all need help and prayer from time to time.
(2)

Smeshque: Thank you. I try but I surely can't live up to you, dear lady.
(3)

Yes Smeshque, I went there Sunday, but they had changed the service time for a special occasion...so I just went back home.
It's ok tho, heard great sermons, on my phone that I enjoyed.
Lately everything's
'a swing & a miss'.
Oh well.
(2)

Shell-Thank you for your kind words. All glory to Jesus, for He is my foundation, I try and build on.
It is normal to go through the feelings you have. This is a hard journey, I know. There is struggles within it that is for certain, and mostly within us. I know, truly I do. And I understand that at times when we should be drawing nigh to God, we pull away. We are only human, that is a fact. And the only answer that I keep giving is the only answer that I know works, my life is proof. Prayer. Prayer is an amazing gift that God gives HIS children. I have spent countless times in the woods behind our house, just crying out to the Lord in prayer, and sometimes all I could say, is please help me. I don't know what to do, I don't know how to be, I don't know how to live this life, please help me, please show me. And Shell, HE did. it wasn't an immediate thing. But slowly HE began showing me and leading me and changing me and healing me. God is amazing. And He will do that for all HIS children. Jesus is the only answer I know that is a permanent fix in people lives, in my life. You are in my prayers, Sweet heart.

LL- You are too sweet. You are the one that has set the bar. Your love for the Lord is a blessing to us all.

Tiger- I am sorry it has been a swing and a miss. But never stop swinging, that hit will come.
(4)

“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” 
Isaiah 26:3
(3)

Smeshque: Oh, that scripture verse is so lovely this evening. Thank you for your sweet compliment. You are ever so kind. I do love the Lord.💞💞
(3)

NHWM, I just saw ur question about what 2 do about boredom, & I totally get it. (Me2).
It feels physically painful to be without socializing, & makes me nuts as well.
We are full of energy & a desire to connect, that's our joy. I understand the pain & discouragement u feel.
Wish I had the perfect answer for u friend...
But my only relief has been briefly talking with neighbors & even strangers. My walking has helped me share this with God, & I have used tiny dose of xanex when it's bad.
God won't hate u for that, just don't depend on the meds too much.
For me, I have social anxiety bad, & going to a new senior center or church paralizes me.
It's pathetic, but true.
Let me know how you're doing please, 💟tiger.
(2)

Tiger,

Since Sunday I feel quite yucky! I never get sick but maybe I am run down. Very stuffy head, aches. Just weak too.

How are you doing? I think I will try to soak in tub after drinking some tea. Maybe that will help. Mom will have to just stay put in her recliner. I keep telling her that I am not a machine that runs on batteries.

Today I feel so bad that I can’t think about boredom but it’s true I do get bored because if I start on something I guarantee she will interrupt. So why start? I have two pieces of jewelry that I started over a week ago and can’t get back to it. I have to finish soon. They are upcoming birthday gifts that my daughter’s friend requested from me.
(3)

Tiger and NeedHelpWothMom: This scripture verse may be one to lean on, but I am certainly not an expert on scripture. I think boredom will come to us all from time to time. I generally am not a person who is easily bored, though I don't know what cometh with old age. Prayers for you both. NHWM - I do hope you start to feel better.

Proverbs 31:27 - She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
(3)

I have never been one to get bored I always find something to do. So I am not sure how to be helpful in this. LLama your verse was a good one. There is always something one can do. And the most important thing is spending time in the word and in prayer.
So it is really what has our minds been trained to think and feel. As opposed to what our hearts and souls hunger and thirst for.
I think sometimes our problem lies in the fact that we have become a people that need to be entertained 24/7. And when we are not entertained therein comes boredom.
I believe if we feed our spirits we would never be bored.

I too suffer from social anxiety. I have always been quite the introvert. But in learning scripture I find it is imperative for me to be hospitable and to show the love of God to others. I cannot do that being alone and keeping to myself. So when I am to be around a lot of people, I pray and I just do it. God gets me through it knowing I am trying to do HIS will. I force myself not to keep away out of fear. I think about what if Jesus did not go to the cross because he was afraid, then we would all be lost. So I can be brave for him, not for me, but for him.
As the apostle Paul said if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward.
There is no fear in God. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. We are in control of our choices and so choosing to go against the fear we feel, putting our trust in God and knowing we can do this through Jesus, well we can do anything.

I am praying for all of you who are having such a difficult time right now. We all have those ruts. Choose not to stay in them. Choose Jesus over what feelings hinder you. He is our strength, our hope, our courage, our overcomer. There is great peace in HIM!

“And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” 
Philippians 4:7

May God help us all.
(4)

Just sharing something I came across.

Boredom, then, could be thought of as a warning signal, your mind’s alert system telling you that you’re not finding purpose in what you’re currently doing, and so you’d better switch things up. It’s like pain: No one likes to feel pain, and no one enjoys feeling bored. But both feelings can be useful. Pain pushes you away from harm. Boredom pushes you toward meaning. Every emotion serves a purpose, and this may be boredom’s.
(2)

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
Psalms 42:5

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Romans 12:12
(2)

Smeshque: Thank you. I tried to select a post about idle time,
Something - like you - I never have any of. By choice, also like yourself. 💞💞💞💞 Oh, that is lovely scripture.
(1)

Llama,

A lot of wisdom in proverbs. It’s true. We need purpose in our lives to feel fulfilled.

Having everything materially would never bring true happiness. Fulfilling a purpose, being able to follow our hearts is what matters the most. I find if my heart isn’t in something then it’s a waste of time.

Smeshque,

We continue to search throughout our lives, in one way or another until we find peace.
(0)

Thanks to all, for the helpful replies. Agree that I'm searching for meaning: a way to contribute again, hence the boredom.
Very impatient with myself though, (mother only died 3mo
ago,)& I'm compelled to find another project already.
Working all my life was enjoyable, but my restaurant closed end 2017, & I'm not sure where I could work now. Most restaurants here are full of swearing & arse grabbing. Too old to put up with that now.
✌ 2 all.
(3)

Tiger,

Isn’t it crazy? The restaurant industry today is nuts! Oh my gosh, google John Besh. A hot shot chef in New Orleans who really screwed up.

Don’t get it at all. That attitude is rampant. Also look up one of our fancy pastry chefs at Sucre’. Upscale pastry shop here. His name is Tarik Hanna. The story was in Nola.com. He did the same thing. His wife is filling for divorce.

Besh’s wife is staying with him. Ironically she was a lawyer before marrying Besh! They have children. Feel badly for the kids.

My daughter quit her job in a restaurant while going to LSU because married managers expect the wait staff to sleep with them. It’s horrible! It’s sad because she made great tips during football season.

She ended up taking a job making far less money but she isn’t hit on.
(1)

Tiger, still so soon. I know you are probably feeling lost. Give yourself time, God will show you the way.
How do you feel about volunteering?

🤗Big hug
(3)

Smeshque,

Volunteering is a great idea. Still involved but does not have to be high pressure or a long term commitment. I want to work at our local food bank. Can’t at the moment because of mom but I would go help pack up food boxes. They always need people to lend a hand doing that.

A friend of mine helps load up their trucks but that takes a lot of strength. He is super fit and will go load up a truck. I would rather pack the boxes. You only have to do it one day a week if that’s all you have time for. If you want to you can do more but you don’t have to.
(1)

Tiger,
Sorry to hear about your restaurant closing. My father was a chef for 47 yrs. I myself was a server and use to love working in the restaurant/bar industry. But now a whole new generation is running them by their new rules...the restaurant is a new beast all on to itself...the lack of pride...customer service...the lack of "old school wisdom"...just the lack of wanting customers to enjoy a good meal...oh how I could go on on!

Tiger you will find something. Look, I thought I would never get back to work and like you I felt loss for years, but then God open a door and I start my new job Sept 10th. Granted it is part-time and seasonal, but it is a start and you will get there! Like Smeshque said, "give yourself time." Waiting is so hard to do in fact, I think it is one of the hardest things to do! God's is never a second early or a minute late (something like that) but He is always on Time!🌈
(3)

NHWM: Proverbs is a good book. Glad to be of help.
(1)

Tiger: Indeed it is too early. Sending condolences to you. And I'm sorry about your restaurant closure.
(2)

All you need to do is find someone to put you first and give up their life to do everything for you. Seriously? We are all responsible for ourselves first. To not become a burden to others or the tax payers/government is our job. I am getting fed up with old people who didn't plan for their old age. What were they thinking? I have been very careful to provide for myself and pay my own way in a nice elderly home and I can even afford AL if or when I need it. I have 2 children in their 50's now but I won't bother them with my problems. I will take care of myself or put myself in a place for more care. I have lived alone a long time. I am not into that bible stuff and I do not expect a rescue. I feel it is wrong to use other people. We make our own way in life. I have been on my own since I was a child. It is still a tradition in many countries for parents to steal the lives of their children, forcing them to take care of them for ages. And they are often not very pleasant. We owe good care to our children who cannot care for themselves. You may love and care about your parent but came to this world to live your own life. Don't confuse caring with self sacrifice. They had their chance. They made their own choices.
(1)

Thank you NHWM, Smeshque, Shell38314, Llamalover47😳...
It's true, too early to be harsh on myself for not being 'useful',
& I will indeed try the volunteering soon.
I hope you're right: that I'll someday find a job I can do.
True that I need to exercise patience:)
(I've always been my own worst critic), but I treat others so much better! Hate to admit that, lol.
Glad for such kind friends here, that help from afar! (It also pleases the Lord when we edify each other). 
Eph 4:15-16. "...speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love".
Rock🎸on!
(3)

Tiger: You certainly are very welcome. The best wishes for you, my dear are wished this day.
Llama
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter