Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
There is a fine line between caring and enabling. Self reflection on my caring role is so valuable to ensure I'm mindful. My general rule is "don't do for another they cannot do themselves": it enables dependency, deceases independence, and encourages deteroriation.
(5)

I was not implying with my remarks that anything in the Bible is a moot point. I was referring to the "Discussion" about Baptism.

I see my spelling of moot vrs. mute has started a whole new thread. Wow, imagine that!

Matthew 7:5. Another great verse in the Bible.
(4)

Hello Gershun
How are you? I just thought I would pop in and say hi and see what is new on this thread!

I love Matthew 6:25-34! 🙏 I really should read it more offen in this time of my life!
(4)

Gershun: I shouldn't have made the correction and I'm sorry. Please forgive that. I love everyone here.
(3)

Since we are talking about scripture, how about sharing some favorite Bible verses? What verses encourage you most? Probably my favorite passage is from Matthew 11:28-30:

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

New International Version (NIV)

Those verses have encouraged me a lot at different times in my life, including when I was taking care of mom. Some days I would feel so weary and His word about bringing my burdens to Him and finding rest was very comforting.
(5)

I love this verse. It always warms my heart for some reason.

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Luke 12:32

And this is the verse I say within myself most days to keep me going.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Galatians 6:9 
(4)

Farther Along

Tempted and tried we're oft made to wonder
Why it should be thus all the day long,
While there are others living about us
Never molested tho in the wrong.

When death has come and taken our loved ones
It leaves our homes so lonely and drear
Then do we wonder why others prosper
Living so wicked year after year

Faithful til death said our loving Master
A few more days to labor and wait
Toils of the road will then seem as nothing
As we sweep thru the beautiful gate

When we see Jesus coming in glory
when he comes from his home in the sky
Then we shall meet him in that bright mansion
We'll understand it all by and by

Refrain

Farther along we'll know all about it,
Farther along we'll understand why,
Cheer up, my Brother, live in the sunshine,
We'll understand it all by and by.

W.B, Stevens

Hineni
(2)

Tough day, but

Oh Lord My God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast heal me.
Psalms 30:2 KJV

He is so faithful to hear us when we call upon His name and believe that He will answer when we ask.
(4)

Isthisreal- Amen to your words. Sounds like we had a similar day. (HUG)
The Lord is absolutely faithful, a big AMEN to that.

Hoping tomorrow will be a better day for both, you and I.

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7

Where could I go, oh where could I go
Seeking a refuge for my soul
Needing a friend to save me in the end
Where could I go but to the Lord
(3)

I hope everyone had a good day.

“Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:”
Philippians 1:6
(5)

Oh happy day!

Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. Proverbs 3:13
(4)

Amen Real.

Today is always a difficult day for Mom. Today is the anniversary of when the Lord took my Oldest brother home. Even though it has been about 18 years ago. But for Mom it is fresh, understandably.
My Mom is a woman of great faith, has been my whole life. I have watched her go through so much junk and do it with a smile.
She was 15 when her and Dad married. 16 when my oldest brother was born.
He had cerebral palsy due to misuse of forcepts. He was such a blessing to her and to all of us. I smile now thinking of his smile and laugh.
He was paralyzed from the waist down and was wheelchair bound.
This woman was the epitome of a caregiver and was born with a servants heart.
She had a difficult marriage and tried compensating for us children the turmoil my Dad was going through. She raised 6 children and several grandchildren, helped anyone who was in need and did it all with a smile. And most of her children were difficult.
Her faith never waivered and never once did I hear her complain or say why me. She has a spirit I can only dream of, and if I could just have a potion of her faith and spirit, I would be a much better person.
She is an amazing woman.
My oldest Brother had many special needs, she took care of all of them for 42 years( I believe he was 42) He was not supposed to live past 8 ( I think, 4 or 8), But this womans love for her son and family and the Lord, allowed us to have him for all those years.
She is the strongest lady I know. After my Brother passed, she was lost. And then my Dad began having age decline and she became his care provider, until at last she asked for help. Which brought them to me.
I tried today to just let her share what she wanted in conversation and gave her many hugs, to try and let her know I know, I know.
We made it through the day, thank the Lord.
If only I could be like her.............

That is why no matter how much I struggle, no matter how difficult the labor of love becomes, that is why I try to love to the very best of my ability, and rely on the lord to do so.

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
Proverbs 31:10
(8)

I can understand her struggle. We are not supposed to bury our children.

But I know that Gods timing is perfect and His plan is perfect, so I will not ask why, I will say, even so, I know in whom I believe!

You are doing a great job walking in your moms footsteps. What a blessing to have a role model in your momma.

And they shall comfort you when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord God. Ezekiel 14:23
(4)

Smeshque,

Your brother was a miracle. Your mom was an angel in his life. She truly was.

How beautiful for you to recognize how special your mom is. She passed quite a bit of those qualities onto you. It shows. God bless your mom and you 💗

Your mom showed love to your brother with actions. The gift of ‘self’ is the greatest gift. Your mom didn’t hold back. She loved with all that she had.
(3)

Dear Smeshque: Thank you for that lovely discourse on your mom's life and caring for so many of you all and doing it with nary a regret. Beautiful story, really.
(2)

I thank you all for your kind words.

I wish I would have added that the Lord changed my Dad, and he became such a loving and tenderhearted man.
He told my Mom, the first 50 years of our marriage was all about me, now the next 50 will be all about you.
And although he didn't get to make it the next 50, only to the 61st years, he did make it all about her and spoiled her the best he could. I was so happy and blessed to witness that. So I just carry on and keep her spoiled as much as I can. :)

Yesterday was a very rough day. I am always telling people that God works everything out for our good and I believe it and He is faithful so it is very much true, as I have personally witness.
But yesterday I just felt like I was in a fog and in a crying mood? I had to keep telling myself that, He is working it out, He is working it out. The Lord brought me through the day, thankfully, but it was super rough.
Mom had a Dr. appointment yesterday and got a clean bill of health. So thank the Lord for that. However I do not rely on a Dr. to tell me her well being, I trust the Lord, as HE has taken care of her for 80 years now.
The Dr. told her she'd probably live another 25 years, because for 80 years old she is in very good shape physically. She said to him, well aren't you? He said no, I got about 10 more years and I am ready to clock out. She said well I guess i better look for another Dr. I thought it was pretty humorous.

AB is having a lot of issues post stroke.
I have been working with him to try and build his mood up. He has good days and bad days.
And his bad days are a lot of forgetfulness, as well as Mom on a bad day, well and DH for that matter.
Sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind to sit and listen to the 3 of them talk. So much forgetting and miscommunication of an event or occurrence. To me if the information they share is close enough I will keep quiet as I have learned it makes them feel bad to point it out, so I stopped.
But all 3 of them always look to me to fill in the blanks, and to state the facts. I thought thank the Lord he helps me remember all the important things regarding the 3 of them.
DH has always been just a forgetful person so I was use to filling in the blanks, but remembering for 3 others besides myself, I have begun to take lots of notes. ;)
I love them all and I am blessed to have each of them in my life, and God is good everyday, and everyday God is good.
Thanks for "listening"

“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.”
Psalms 19:1
(5)

Smeshque, I find my hubs expects me to fill in the blanks for him a lot too and he is only 54. I'm 4 years older than him. It worries me to be honest. He was a heavy pot user when he was a teenager and research shows that can mess with an undeveloped brain. I hope I am wrong about this.

But I'll leave this with God too.
(6)

Remember that Jesus let Mary wash His feet. You have to fill yourself up with blessings, maybe small ones. Yes, get yourself a lovely specialty coffee once in a while. Sit and sip and enjoy some solitude. Yes, take some time in the morning to put on lotion- anoint yourself.
You are a daughter of the King! You have these hard trials now, but look how you have opened your heart here and shown all of us that yes, these trials hurt our hearts. Thank you for that
But remember, it is a good thing to take care of all of God's children, and that includes you. When you get time to yourself, don't feel guilty, embrace it and enjoy the gift of that time. Forgive yourself for being human and losing patience.
I will lift you up in prayer all week!
(7)

I, too, have found that even though I'm older than my DH, that I have to often fill in the blanks for him. He'll think that he's been told something, but he hasn't listened to it. And then the spilling of food stuffs! Lol. We are help mates - as God intended.
(2)

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”
1 Corinthians 2:9
(4)

Thanks Smeshque needed to hear those words tonight:/
(2)

Burn The Ships

How did we get here?
All castaway on a lonely shore
I can see in your eyes, dear
It's hard to take for a moment more
We've got to
Burn the ships, cut the ties, send a flare into the night
Say a prayer, turn the tide, dry your tears and wave goodbye

Step into a new day
We can rise up from the dust and walk away
We can dance upon the heartache, yeah
So light a match, leave the past, burn the ships
And don't you look back

Don't let it arrest you
This fear is fear of fallin' again
And if you need a refuge
I will be right here until the end
Oh, it's time to
Burn the ships, cut the ties, send a flare into the night
Say a prayer, turn the tide, dry your tears and wave goodbye

Step into a new day
We can rise up from the dust and walk away

Luke 9:62 
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
(4)

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Proverbs 16:24
(4)

And said unto them, whomsoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whomsoever receives me receiveth him who sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

Luke 9:48
(4)

Well, I haven't written in a while just been feeling blah! But today was a better day, I felt good and was able, thank the Lord to maintain self control for the most part.
AB is having some troubles with his right shoulder, trying to get an appointment at the VA, has shown itself to be quite a challenge. But he seems to be in a lot of pain, or fixate on it. I have noticed that fixation seems to be going around with Ab and Mom. Getting fixated on something and just their focus is totally all about that thing until something is done about it or whatever the case may be. Mom was fixated on a peanut butter pie recipe. So today was mostly about PB Pie recipes and AB's shoulder.
DH and I got away this morning for a couple of hours, taking care of church business, and Mom and AB had breakfast together. It was a short respite but much needed. When we arrived at the church building there sat a man on the bench eating. I asked him if he was travelling through, he said he was a travelling preacher and had stopped and slept in the parking lot last night, in his car. So I talked with him about his belief, he is still learning and I am praying for him some wisdom, because he will be one who speaks truth. So anyway we gave him our number and told him if he needed anything give us a call. We would have invited him over to eat and visit more, but we live 45 miles from the building and he was going the other way. Was such an odd and neat encounter. We supplied him with things we could and he seemed just like a content fellow. Was refreshing, and I hope we get to see him again.
I have began a journey in herbalism and today I made a few infusions and tinctures which will not be ready for 6 weeks. I don't know where the Lord will take me in that area, but I am enjoying as I always have the study of God's medicine he has made for us.
I have made a couple of pain relieving salves and one moisturizing one(just for fun). But anyway I used the mild pain reliever on my back yesterday and it felt pretty good. I think it has potential.
Much love and prayers to you all.

Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
Hebrews 13:12-13
(5)

Asking for prayers, please.
Our Dear Brother "Red", has been admitted to ICU this night, low heart rate/dizziness and weakness, vomiting, he is 90. please pray for him. I know he is ready to go home, but if it is not his time, pray for healing.
Thank you, we love him so much he is such a special man.
(4)

Prayers for all of you. May God's will be done.

Hugs and love!
(3)

Prayers for this man, brother "Red."
(2)

Hmmm, the scriptures say a lot of things including,"Let the dead bury the dead". Remember without you need to treat and take care of yourself, otherwise you will not be a good caregiver.
(0)

Smesque, praying that things are going well for you and your family.

The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and HE knoweth them that trust in HIM.
Nahum 1:7
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter