Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
smeshque
I'm so sorry to hear about Gracie. I can relate. I'm a cat lover and have had several pets who have passed away. It hurts everytime. It hurts even when they have to be given away. I hope this verse helps, I know it was one of my cat's favorites :) "A righteous man takes care of his animal." Proverbs (I think it's 10:12 but I could be wrong) God gives us everything for our enjoyment and makes everything beautiful in its time. I'm sure Gracie wanted for nothing and you took very good care of her.
I couldn't have pets where I am now, but wouldn't anyway. It would be too upsetting to have to deal with the loss alone.
Grieve, and remember the good times (this may come later).
I just realized when writing this that it is just as hard to write condolences for a pet as it is for a loved one :) forgive me if I've said the wrong thing.
(2)

Smeshque: Oh, I am so sorry to learn of Gracie's passing. You'd never mentioned that you had owned a dog (At least not to my recollection). What a sad thing. I feel badly for you. It's good that DH told you the way that he went about it. At least you didn't have to be even more shocked about dear Gracie. I send you many condolences.
(3)

I just want to thank you all. What a joy it was to me to see all your condolences. Thank you for the love and kind words, You all are something special. You have blessed me this night with your words and care. Thank you SO much!
My DH handled things well out of concern for me, I am grateful for that. He knows what will cause me grief and he takes care of those things as much as he can, to spare me as much of it as possible. I thank him for that. I couldn't handle those things emotionally I know. So I thank the Lord for him.
There is an obvious hole each day that Gracie filled. It is so sad how we never truly appreciate what we have until it is gone. That is so unfortunate. But Gracie and I had good times and she was the best dog I have ever had and I have had several through the years. Her son Gus misses her like I do. He has been a little unlike himself and very clingy to me. He and Gracie would play everyday until they both tired out.
I miss her tail tapping on the floor when I would smile, or when she was happy. It was the sweetest thing that she would tap away if I smiled or laughed. She knew me better than my humans. :)
Again thank you all for showing me kindness and understanding. I am truly grateful for each of you.

The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Psalms 19:9-10
(4)

Smeshque,

After my little schnauzer died I swore I would never go through that pain again. Then six months later I wanted another pooch. Then we got our greyhound. When he died I was devastated again. Now, I really don’t feel like I can go through losing another dog. It is so heartbreaking.
(1)

NHWM
It will have to be a very special dog for me to get another.
I still have 2 but Gracie was my girl. So I cannot imagine there being one as special as she was.
(3)

I hope you all are well.
Mom is having second thoughts on going on the trip next month. I keep my opinion to myself I want the choice to be hers. So I leave it to the Lord whatever HIS will is.
DH had to do a job in the city without me today for the first time. :( I was a little sad about not being able to go with him. I requested the afternoon off from work(with pay, how lovely)
so I could spend a little time with Mom, we had a couple of appointments and I took her to lunch and we did a little shopping. It was nice, I have missed her so much since going back to work. I felt so drained the last few days, like I was getting sick. Everyone at work seems to be sick or getting there. But the last two days I felt like I was going to die. And last night was the worst. I have been pumping myself full of vitamin C and garlic. This morning at work I felt like i might just have to come home and go to bed. So sick. But I persevered and kept my appointment with Mom, did not want to disappoint her. Then I recalled my sage tincture I made. And took a dose of it and I kid you not, shortly after I started feeling better. Right now I am soooo happy I feel almost normal. All praise and Glory and thanks to our merciful God.
So my little concoction has been good for tooth ache and now cold/flu. Good stuff the Lord created for us to use.
AB is still having shoulder trouble, finally has an appointment for MRI. But it has been a long time coming. Going through the VA is a treacherous task.
I am so glad tomorrow is Friday, I am ready for it.
Much love and prayers for you all.

“...The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
Psalms 27:1 (
(3)

Glad you are feeling better. Your home remedy sounds like it really helped. Reminds me of ‘Granny’ on The Beverly Hillbillies. She was always concocting something. She and Jed were so cute!
(2)

smeshque can you share how you made your tincture?
(1)

Isthisreal- Let me first say I am not a promoter of alcohol, we do not drink. But in order to draw active constituents from some herbs, alcohol is the only way you can do it. So basically I filled a quart jar with chopped dried sage leaves( well actually chopping is better, but I just left mine whole, I find it really doesn't make a difference), and then cover it at least 2 inches above the leaves with 190 proof alcohol. Vodka or Everclear. You then keep it sealed and in a dark place for a month. Shaking it everyday. You can strain it then and put it in dropper bottles. That much will last a long time. If you need more info about it, let me know.

I came home from work today and DH was not feeling well, I made him take some, he is feeling better, his head stopped hurting and I felt great today after 2 days of miserable. So the stuff works great.
(3)

I believe that medicinal alcohol is what this is. I agree about the alcohol. But I feel that this use is not quite the same as having a drink.

But you have to use it to protect yourself from bacteria forming in the tincture.

I make my stinging nettle the same way. I use 80 proof vodka. I have tried rum in the past and I don't like the taste in my tinctures.

I figure 15 to 30 drops isn't going to cause any issues.

I always add mine to a small amount of warm water, is that how you prepare this?

Thank you for sharing this. I love being able to use the gifts from our God to take care of my family and keep them healthy the way The Lord intended.

You are such a blessing to this forum and myself. Your presence is missed.

Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge and spirit.

God bless you and keep you all the days of your life, may HE cause HIS spirit to fall upon you and may you dwell in the house of The Lord forever.
(3)

Everyone please be careful with this Corona Virus.
(1)

So I was having trouble with the home eye machine which monitors my dry Macular Degeneration. I was praying to the Lord that the machine would sort itself out. Tonight when I used it, I am hopeful that it seems to have worked itself out. That was such a worry all week, but my vision is good. 0ne's vision is EVERYTHING!
(1)

Smeshque: I do pray that you cured what made you ill.
(1)

Perhaps all the believing caregivers on the site can pray hard for the quick development of a successful vaccine for Coronavirus. And pray for the researchers working on it
(2)

Margaret: Idk. But I am hopeful that the machine that monitors my eyes is up and running.
(1)

Care for other, but not to the point of detriment of your own safety or wellness. Know your limitations and be responsible and true to yourself.
(4)

Matthew West sings "The God Who Stays".
He called into the radio station today, with this 20 sec. instructional song to sing along to the tune of his new song: "The God Who Stays".

As You Wash Your Hands

When we wash our hands
When we wash our hands
We believe that mean Corona virus
Doesn't stand a chance.
Repeat. (so like any christian song)...
When we wash our hands
When we wash our hands
We believe that mean Corona virus
Doesn't stand a chance

So we will wash our hands.

.....Repeat the song several times a day.
(1)

Here's an update.

Here's something that I wrote and thought I'd lost, but I found it today. I would include many of you here as people and AC on other threads who have provided me grace moments!

Very early and for 24 years since, my Lutheran friend, Tom, has been a means of God’s grace in my life even in times when it was our friendship that was the thread that I held onto in the midst of those trials.

This was also true of the people on the power lifting team that I was on in Spring Hope; Jenean my TKD instructor and her daughters (Ashley & Megan) who helped me and the boys a lot; my SIL, Debra, with whom I became closer; my high school friend, Marlowe, and her husband, Robby, who let me visit whenever I needed to and even put me up in their house for a few nights; the people of the Gibson Memorial UMC charge who understood and sought to help; reading various mental health books; experiencing the support of the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) and their free Family to Family educational program; the continued support of my former TKD instructor, Jenean; going to Marlowe’s first piano concert; and discovering Spotify where I can listen to her music plus the Jesus music of the 70's and 80's which I think cannot be beat; and my step-sister apologizing for how her mother had treated me over the years.

Unfortunately, I've felt God's presence very seldom since going on disability. I think that this is why I like Marlowe's song, Your Presence Lord, so much. It is the only piece of her piano music in which she sings; We are brother in sister in Christ, and I also feel like that for 45 years in and since high school that she is the sister that I never had. I would say the same thing about Jenean who I have been friends with for 20 years now.
(1)

Lauren Daigle sings "You Say".
Matthew West was inspired by her song to write his song to the tune of "You Say".
Sing along for 20 seconds while you wash your hands:

You say wash your hands
When I can't see the germs
You say use the soap
When the sanitizer burns
You say wash 20 seconds
While I just sing a song
And if I keep washing
Corona virus will be gone

I will wash my hands
I will wash my hands
I will wash my hands

Oh I believe.
(0)

Send,

My kids were taught in school to sing the ‘happy birthday’ song while washing hands and then it’s long enough. I am such a germ freak! My kids and my husband know that I cannot tolerate anyone not washing their hands in our home.

I can’t think about restaurant workers because I would never be able to eat out!
(1)

NHWM,
There are at least 42 songs people are talking about that cover the corona virus hand washing 20 sec. recommendation.

Just when you think you have found your favorite song, the recommendations change to washing for six minutes, or something like that. You did not hear it from me, just passing this along, source is private and anonymous.

If I die, here is where I will be:
II Corinthians 5:8
New King James Version
We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
(1)

My brilliant nephew may have contracted the virus about inventing a test strip for COVID-19.
(1)

Llama,
I do not understand your post....
Contracted the virus? How? What is nephew doing?

I am praying that your eyes are okay....
(0)

Send: My nephew is a young scientist and is also attending Stanford University. So he was developing a paper strip to detect for Corona Virus similar to his paper strip that he invented at the age of 15 to detect for pancreatic cancer when he came in contact with pathogens.

Thank you about my eyes. My vision is okay, but I had been fighting with the maker of my eye machine that I use at home to keep my vision static.
(1)

Brave young scientist!
I hope he does not test positive for the virus.
(1)

Send: Thank you. Reports are coming in to us here on the east coast from Stanford, California. You see hospitals are bursting and they have makeshift tents set up outside to deal with the influx of patients.
(1)

Tulane University here in New Orleans is studying the coronavirus in the primate center. They will inject the monkeys with the virus to study the spread and treatment of it.
(1)

Llamalover,
That is amazing that a new test for the virus was developed out of Stanford! And Kudos to your nephew, I wish him every success and wellness. Because you know, there is a difference between the two words: Coming in contact with the virus vs. contracting
the virus. I hope he is well. Please let us know.

I did go online and see hospitals in Stanford p r e p a r i n g for the possibilty of overflow patients but there was signage to say:
"This is a drill." The tents were being p r e p a r e d, but are not occupied by patients. That is a newer, really nice hospital in Stanford.

Sorry to be using this believer's thread for updates or details, but your nephew needs prayer. Thanks for letting me know.
However, do you have insider information that actually states 'hospitals are bursting'?
Inquiring minds want to know.
I am being careful not to be the cause of panic, and careful to confirm and reconfirm everything I hear, before sharing with others. I think you will understand.
(1)

Send: I will not comment to avoid panic.
(1)

Hello my AC family. I just wanted to stop in and say hello and I miss you all and hope you all are well. I love the interesting conversations you all are having please continue, I read when I can.
Things are going ok here. I am tired most of the time and Mom is excited about this trip in a couple of weeks, me, not so much. It is in the Lord's hands.
Hopefully I will have some time later this week to visit for a bit. I miss you all SOOOOO much!Much love and prayers!

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Psalms 103:2-3
(7)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter