Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Skip the shower, eat the cannolli. It is still early, so go to bed, when you awake at midnight, take a shower. It is not Monday, Tues,or even Weds.
It's Saturday!
(1)

Lu,
Ha ha , yes kinda as it is chock full but hoca is just an abbreviation for Hotel California
I always carry a reusable shopping bag full of stuff when I go there

Jeepers, it is nearly 8 o'clock - miserably tired today - should I take a shower and get dinner or just go back to bed ?
(2)

MsMadge is a Hoca bag a bag where you hock stuff in it?You know,you hock this in it and that in it?And then it's chockfull?
(1)

congratulations to caregiver 2020!

no one knows who Mr. Vandergelder is?

I always try and carry the fun size bars in my hoca bag - last night was nestle crunch - I find mounds is good too - dark choco and soft coconut - I'm not a fan of either so easy for me to resist

yes, one resident whom I don't know well ate his burger with gusto and then threw the wrapper at me - of course, that about made the Viking go berserk

otherwise mom was feeling better from her last UTI - she asked why all the men stare at her? so I replied it must be your full figure..
(3)

You open the door you dont know what else comes in or if its left open.
(0)

I've always been interested in those things, but only in reading about them or watching shows about them - I won't mess with them. I know better.

My grandmother used to tell our fortunes using a deck of cards - it was always just something silly and fun that she did for us, but she was a serious believer in that and the horoscopes, etc.  To me, horoscopes are like fortune cookies - generic things that can be given out to a large group and the likelihood of it being true for at least some of the group is pretty high.  
(2)

ditto Gershun, not good at all. I wouldnt even play like im playing with that kind of stuff.
(1)

Seance, Ouji boards, mediums..............all bad!
(2)

I know little and am not too believing in mediums
(2)

NO, NO, NO! That would be dangerous, imo, and against my faith in God.
That's ok, Sharyn, you say you are not an expert on the spiritual world.
Neither am I, but after reading 'Occult Invasion' by Dave Hunt, I know to avoid those practices.
(1)

Send good point!!! Not an expert on the spiritual world, however, when I had a visit from my mother back in October, she looked like she did just a few years earlier when she was whole, healthy. LOL!!! Maybe it depends of our visual perspective of the person....fun thoughts of the spiritual world.

Let's have a seance, Send you are our medium!!!
(1)

Ali, What if ths ghost never had a more flattering time?
(2)

MsMadge, The credit goes to Caregiver2020, who answered ,
"The Unsinkable Molly Brown" a day ago.

What kind of candy did you give your Mom? If it weren't for your late night fiestas at HOCA, those residents would be lonely.
(1)

Late Last night at Friday night fiesta at the hotel California while munching in n out burgers, mom said I was going to put on weight eating that kind of food, which is true but nevertheless - I point out to her that she's eating the same thing to which she replies but I'm not gaining any weight - really?
I remind her that she's having trouble hauling her bottom up out of the wheelchair - she then calls me an @$$#*&! and asks for candy
(5)

Is everyone sleeping PT or just waking up ET.... can't sleep watching AM Style on QVC
(1)

Why Mr Vandergelder
(1)

Winner winner
(1)

“If I gotta eat catfish heads all my life, can't I have 'em off a plate once.”. The Unsinkable Molly Brown. Love that movie.
(3)

So is it? Is the quote from The Unsinkable Molly Brown? I hadn't heard that title/phrase in years (TUMB was before my time but I know I've seen it once...).

I like this quote I came across while fishing around for that catfish line.

"My question is, if you die when you're fat, are you a fat ghost? Or do they go back to a flattering time?"

It's not from a movie, but it's a good question for the ages, if you ask me.
(4)

LOL Send you are so funny. I am beginning to feel like the exact opposite of a narcissist is a narcissist. An extreme need to make people happy can be insulting to some People.
(1)

Me too,  g.e.r.d.
(1)

For me, chocolate gives me acid reflux... but I still eat it :)
(1)

Only you could V. And you would win any marathon, imo.
But you would need some really good shoes!
(0)

Youngest daughter is a marathon runner and has had ankle and knee problems but I think keeps herself well hydrated.
can you run (walk) a marathon with a walker?
(3)

Unsinkable Molly Brown???
(3)

Gershun, thanks for that enjoyable story of how you named your cats.

MsMadge, my dH thinks he knows the movie quote, but I have a sinking feeling no one else does. It may be more difficult because it is in the words to a song?
(1)

Taking the nuclear option, I have taken off my dancing shoes, will never eat kidney beans again, now I've got to sit down.
(0)

I did a half marathon once - that was more than 20 years ago and ended my enjoyment of jogging
(2)

Thanks, CM. I have taken off my running shoes.
(3)

Researchers at Yale have found that 80% of competitive marathon runners suffer kidney injury because of dehydration that took two days to heal. They are concerned about the long-term impact and will be looking into that next.

Well, phew, thank goodness I read this article! Better hold off on my marathon training until they know more, I think, hem-hem...
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter