Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Eeewwww! I have some bright red bowls that Bootsie can use in the future if she doesn't want to use that bowl again.

DDDuck, You are ok, cannot imagine you are a narcissist (if that is what you said). And I for one am glad you are still standing after having to pass your sister in the hallway. I hope you can get out soon, have a safe place, be at peace. You weren't calling me a narcissist were you? Thems fighting words.
Lol.

However, beware of our friend Luckylu, I think she really does share bowls at her house....Lol?

I just hate to have to explain it is all in fun, because they might take the thread down again to clean it up again.
(1)

I hope my dH enjoyed his cottage cheese in Bootsie's bowl.
(1)

Send, I am hoping that a previous post had nothing to do with reflection about my altercation with my sister. I was not provoked and this issue was not provoked or enocouraged in anyway by the site or this caregivers behaving badly. It was a naturally spotaneous occurence which I was able to vent about and not in a proud way but in a freeing way which helped to release and decrease my turmoil around the whole situation. If I was not in the equation then I stand corrected. It could be a form a narcissism to think it had some relationship with my posts about fight with mmy sister. It is very clear to me that the site disscussion about caregivers behaving badly is not to acutally be bad but to express moments and vent about feeling that way at times.
(0)

When I posted the "Caregiver's Behaving Badly" thread, I should have consulted about the wording more closely with my co-conspirator, Gershun.

Posting these words: "Ever just want to tear your hair out, or someone else's?" was known to me as just a funny saying, not an actual event in real life.

For goodness sakes, don't actually do that....don't hurt anyone! I am so embarrassed if I have accidentally encouraged anyone to violence or assault.

Disclaimer,......disclaimer.......disclaimer.....and Gershun had nothing to do with the wording. Sorry.
(4)

guest - I hear you. Mother once gave me tickets to the symphony, she went to regularly, for my birthday present in an attempt to get me to drive 5 hours to her city to take her to the symphony. Of course gas money was not considered or the fact that I was still working and my energies and time were limited. I returned them to her and suggested that she give them to someone who could use them. The only time I asked for traveling money from mother was after she talked about booking a suite in the most expensive hotel in town for a week when my sis visited - for herself and my sister. It would have cost way more than I was asking, but was my way of letting her know that my time/services were worth something too. I know that this was then exaggerated to her lawyer as me being interested in using her money for myself, as I heard about it later. Sometimes you have to take a stand - good for you.
(1)

CM, computer? how did you ever guess??? They both have new phones, an IPad and laptop MIL just had to have, but they can't upload pics or log in most days:(
The stop turned out to be related to the attempt to sell MIL's car. Hubs is the one organizing the trip to dealership to get bid, emails to get alternate bid from on-line broker ( I did help with that by entering info that hubs gathered while he was driving us to dinner), hubs (not FIL) driving MIL's car 45 miles each way to Carmax to get evaluated and bid to purchase, driving back up 55 miles each way to MIL/FIL house to take pics of car for on-line alternate bid because "we can't just take the first one"...and not one offer to pay for gas or a meal for hubs or grandson. My husband was offered part of a sandwich that FIL had ordered for himself and didn't want. *Huh.*
MIL has been trying to get me to do their taxes for free since February. I told hubs that he is financial POA for each of them AFTER the other one DIES (not by incompetence). His parents can dust off their wallet (thanks for image FF), and pay someone ELSE to do their taxes. I didn't do my mother's or my father's taxes, not free or for pay. My sister - who my son at college lives with - PAYS me to do her taxes every year and every other trip down insists on buying tank of gas to share visit costs since she doesn't drive up. My brother PAYS me for tax advice when he asks because he's now doing contract labor and been called a zillion times by former bosses for "free advice" after he left:) FIL/MIL have the money, believe me - FIL and MIL just believe that "family ought to do it and not expect..." Well, as long as it's not them being asked, that is.... sorry about rant. And I've been a hands-on caregiver all my life -- but FIL/MIL are not the next in line for ME. Husband can do what he wants, I will help him with research etc. But it is not my job to provide hands-on care or free financial services, regardless of what any of them think including hubs on some days *who thinks he's evolved past parent manipulation*.
(1)

Bad? You are right, so right, Guest!

You know, I wouldn't recommend you phrase it like this or anything, but what my SIL once said to my mother was 'we'd rather you came to us, because if we come to your house for lunch it wastes the whole day.' Not the most gracious way of putting it; but it is much better to be clear about what you yourself are happy to do, and if your husband wants to go and unblock drains and change lightbulbs and reboot the computer or whatever, then good luck and your blessing to him.

As for the favourite niece ploy - tchah. Do you look like you were born yesterday?!
(1)

I am bad, so bad.
Last Saturday, my husband and son were going out to help his brother work on a car. "Oh, honey, want to come with? We'll get to see bro and his wife, maybe you'll get to see fave niece...hmm? I *promise* that's the only stop." I declined politely, since his bro lives about 15 miles from FIL and MIL. There is *always a need to stop* at FIL and MIL's house now after her hospitalization and rehab in Feb, and they are still trying to get *me* since their son is "so busy" and I "only work part-time" (2 jobs 30-40 hours plus this is tax season for a couple of extra clients) to manage an ever-changing and increasing list of things they want done for them. I have told hubs not my circus. I worked on a client's taxes at my home. Come to find out later that hubs "just happened to stop by his parents and spent 15 minutes catching up". He griped about the tasks to be done and he spent about 15 minutes. Ya know it always used to take hours to do their list when I used to go and husband sat watching TV with FIL while I manage MIL with Parkinsons and her to-do list...
(1)

FF, she was definitely criticizing me and not referring to anything else. It was obvious in the way she said it. No problem, I don't get mad, I get even :-)

Veronica - I have had a great relationship with my UPS guy. He places the packages as close to the door as possible so they do not get wet even in the sloppiest of storms. USPS, on the other hand, places the packages right at the porch step where they would get wet if it rains.

And thanks for the tip. Cancelling the paper order and ordering pillows instead. Bwaaahaaa ha
(0)

What really pisses the letter carrier off is when she has to deliver a package too big to get in the mail box even though it is lightweight.
(0)

Momtomom, i am afraid your plan to punish the mail lady will not work as heavy packages are usually sent UPS. So you will find soggy wet parcels from Amazon on your doorstep as they never ring the bell!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe you will get lucky and they will send a drone and they will drop it down the chimney
(0)

Mom2mom, or the letter carrier was referring to maybe her own parents who rather spend hours in said stores and no longer or ever used a computer to order on-line. Or maybe she doesn't have time to order on-line for herself.

I can't believe how many of my cousins, who are 60-75 do not have a computer device at home. I can't get along without a computer, and I do my clothes shopping on-line, which is usually trial and error when it comes to sizes :P
(0)

This past Saturday, I happened to be in front of my house when the letter carrier pulled up. I walked over to her to save her from having to get out of her mail truck (we are rural and have mailboxes at the curb. Her pulling in my driveway meant a package). I made a cute comment about "Amazon again" and how much easier it is to order online than it is to drive to the nearest Walmart/Kmart/Target 30 miles away. She had a sour look on her face and said "easier for some".

Dear Mail Lady, I am sorry that my ordering packages is such an inconvenience for you. Remember when we all thought that the postal service was going to go defunct because everyone went to emails and e-bills and stopped using the mail system. Well, ecommerce has saved your job.

So, now, every day tis week, I have been placing an order for something heavy from Amazon. Today, it is a case of copy paper. The 20 pound bag of dog food should be here tomorrow. Ha, take that grumpy Mail Lady.
(1)

Had no trouble finding "Beatitudes" on a google search.
Also found early contemplation of beatitudes by St Gregory of Nyssa.

" Beatitude is possession of all things held to be good from which nothing is absent that a good desire may want.
Perhaps the meaning of beatitude may become clearer to us if it is compared to it's opposite.
Now the opposite of beatitude is misery.
Misery means being afflicted unwillingly with painful sufferings "

cwillie don't know if St Gregory, whoever he was, makes anything clearer.

As far as your computer is concerned mine plays those games all the time. It also types the word it thinks I am about to put in which is very annoying
(0)

Given that google seems to be able to find what you want even with the most atrocious spelling errors I find this little glitch intriguing. Predictive text wants to give me the beatles, and I can see beatitudes on the list of possibilities, but as soon as I type in the letter i everything resets. The ominous part is that the next letter is t, and the predictive algorithm gives me trump, AKA The Donald. Hm.
(1)

C Willie,  Don't worry, you probably entered it wrong.
Did you mistakenly enter "B e a s t i t u d e s"???
Lol.
(2)

Very strange - try sermon on the mount.
(1)

I tried to google "the beatitudes" but something strange happened, each time I got partway through google reset to the home page. Very, very odd.
(0)

Beatitudes - part of the Sermon on the Mount.
(4)

Name this verse!  In time for the Easter celebration:

3 “[b]Blessed are the [c]poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the [d]gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

10 “Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
(2)

CM, you gave me an idea! Maybe not Instead of, but what about just getting another man with more hair on his head? (no beard though). You all are wondering where these ideas come from, coming from such a nice lady, Lol, right? Well, I would never act on it, but I saw a movie last night-the french have lovers. Hmmmmm.
Maybe all I need is a comforting cat in addition to hubs. Hmmmm.  Except, I have a cat allergy.  Forgot.
My American Eskimo dog  had special hair/fur that was non-allergic.

No pets allowed.  Will go shopping instead.
(1)

Send get yourself a cat it will provide you with endless comfort.

Alison you certainly don't have time for a puppy but how about a pair of kittens from the same litter. They would keep each other company while you work and not need to be taken out for "walkies" or potty trained.
(2)

Sweet, Send, but not furry. You mean a pet as well as, not instead of, right?
(3)

Would if be really bad for me to get a pet? This keeps coming up, in my heart. My hubs is going to continue riding his bicycle-he may not be so lucky the next accident. He has ataxia, an on/off neurological balance issue, had a concussion (may have behaviors of a TBI,)  cannot ask for help when in trouble, and a whole slew of other risky, irresponsible behaviors that come with asperger's: ghosting, elopement, loss of time.
So mad at him right now, but he is so sweet, right? Grrrrr!
(2)

Go careful, Ali. I made one tentative initial enquiry to Cats Protection about the possibility of -

Didn't even get to finish the question. There was a woman in my house first thing next day with a whole basket of kittens. Two of whom got out and climbed the wallpaper, and stayed for the next eighteen years. You have been warned.
(4)

Madge, can you hire a math tutor (aka delegate some more, get some help with one of the problems)? Sorry to hear. I have a few, small, new job issues, but those are nothing like "old job" issues that are deeper... like working your behind off after years and years. How's your mom?

I want a cat or a dog, no kittens or puppies, please. Only because I don't have time to commit to little ones right now. There's an open cat shelter in Chicago. Maybe... I need to walk in there and let one pick me out as their new pet parent. That sounds really nice. I'd like some company, and a natural endorphin/oxytocin boost wouldn't hurt , either... (whatever it is that pets do for us that makes us less likely to be depressed).
(0)

Iv'e always been a dog person SharynMMarie.I never dreamed I'd have a house full of cats like we do now.There is such a big difference between the two,but The Love from either is awesome.I wish so badly that I could give one of these kittens to you.I know you'd Love it up~
(1)

I would love to get a kitten. I love my dog, but cats just win my heart over.
(4)

the stones at the rose bowl in 1994

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Send

I'm like a math book lately, nothing but problems and since I was never good at math, I don't have any solutions
(2)

cwillie and Send...oh,I was just joking.I LOVE those kittens and I'm thrilled they came.It's one of the best problems Iv'e ever had.It's been so interesting and I'm learning a lot and our home is full of life again-busy.They couldn't be cute-er and I already have homes for them AFTER April 18th.I get another month with 'em thankfully.I'm debating on keeping 2 now.The black one had my heart from the beginning but this mis marked funny furred kitten is really grabbing my heart too.Iv'e been thinking of names and so far I like "Toots","Lovee","Phantom","Kewpie",
"Biggin'" "Jewel" and "Viola".It will so hard to have to say goodbye to some,but in the meantime I know this is a very special moment in time and I'm enjoying the extra work.And yeah Send,They're all over that junkroom now,roaming.Yesterday,one had orange all around it's mouth.All I could figure was that it must have sucked on some orange tissue paper under the bed.Bootsie is a very protective,good Mother.The babies are all healthy and I am very grateful.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter