Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Yes, Luckylu.
I may have a bit of a self-destructive streak going on, a never may care attitude, that only a few will understand. That happens sometimes when I am stretched beyond my capacity.
Thankfully, it passes quickly so I just wait about 3 days, eat chocolate.
(1)

Send,
That would be behaving VERY badly!
(0)

Thinking about financial planning for the future.....only a few will understand and chuckle....but what if I gave my dH my POA? That would be behaving badly on purpose.

If you don't get it....please, no questions here.
(3)

We are expecting a blizzard in NY. Glad I am off next few days. Be safe everyone.
(2)

We have snow coming too - 3-5" tomorrow. We haven't had much all winter, so it's about time we got some. We know here in Michigan that March is a fickle thing - we can have 60 degrees one day and 16 the next - and snow. People wonder why we wear shorts the first day it hits 50 degrees - it's because we know it could be sub-zero the next day!!
(2)

Actually I am looking forward to the snow, it will be our first major dump of the winter season here in the Washington D.C. area.  It has been unseasonable warm here as daffodils are in bloom and trees are budding.  The cold blast and snow will ruin the cherry blossoms which is a huge tourist attraction.

This cold weather will give me time to search for new clothes. Good grief, I hate this weight gain [thanks menopause AND caregiving]. And I hate clothes shopping. Hate it with a passion.

Forget catalog shopping as sizes don't match up... there is no more standard for a certain size. Even with dragging out the old tape measure to be sure. I can find a perfect fit in S, M, L.... go figure.
(1)

Hey Send thanks lol. I did want to tear her hair out. I felt like doing some work when it got started. Thanks for making me laugh and I am keeping my distance. I must say it felt good, like a relief was a long time coming for her. I just been walking a way blowing fuses in my head of stuff she has done sending my pressure up. dreaming about confrontations. So I didnt start out with the intention but I must be honest it sure felt good. I realize what kind of trouble can come behind such situations. I should have been beating my little sister up as a kid and then she would know better by now.
(0)

Simple, wear your shorts and snow boots at the same time.
(3)

A few days ago,it was 80 degrees and beautiful.Then we had horrible storms and tornadoes and Today,we have snow.This weather is crazy.You don't know whether to put on your shorts or get out your snow boots and it's why everyone has colds-
(2)

Warm, sunny weather??? I want to behave badly and say something nasty, old man winter is paying us another visit and it seems he is planning to stay for a while. Grrrr.
(2)

If I could run, Cwillie, going outside would help in this warm, sunny weather.
Are you still running?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz a nap instead.
(0)

A freakishly slow video = nap time.
(2)

Countrymouse, Is "Moonlight" a movie? Lol, I will look that up on Imdb.
(0)

Then, raising my voice to ask after the third request:
"WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE MOVIE WE ARE GOING TO WATCH?"
Answer, "It is not a movie"
"Well what do you want to call it then?"
"It is a video".
Silence......pause.....nothing.....I get nothing................
To pursue it further would continue his game of playing semantics....
"What is the name of the Video then"
"Do you mean, the title?"

At this point I am thinking dH is lucky to be alive, keeping my thoughts to myself.....I get silence.............more silence. After an hour of watching a freakishly slow (something on the t.v. screen) it's off to the bathroom, as he pauses the d*mn thing. Omg.

Am I going to be allright?
(2)

Oh send, communication in general can be so difficult as we all have our own style, sounds weird I know. I come home from work after 10pm, ask my hubs what he is watching on tv. He goes into this lengthy explanation of the history of the program starting at the beginning bringing me to the present episode. Sorry I asked!!!
(2)

Send I hate it with a passion when people answer the question they think you meant to ask, or the question they managed to hoist in given that they're only half-listening, rather than the question you actually did ask. Or, worse, say "why do you want to know that..?"

He's probably not deceiving you in any conscious way. He's just not paying attention. You have to bear closely in mind that I am now single, and be warned, but when my exSO did that I would move so that I was facing him directly, smile as fondly as I could without breaking my face, and repeat the original question verbatim. I usually got a more intelligent answer, but he seemed to find this threatening no matter how sweet I tried to be. And, more to the point, it didn't make any difference to the next time, or the time after that, or...
(1)

Countrymouse,
Thanks for understanding. With dH, his answer was meant to end the inquiry. The problem must be me. I see these forms of communication as a
deliberate deflection now, or an outright lie, and my patience is further tested and challenged. Why don't people just answer the question? Can a person with aspergers also be a narcissist, I am wondering.

It's okay, it wasn't important this time. Maybe he is working on an alternate truth-not so rare these days.
(0)

Send...

Sigh.

And the thing is, if you'd said "I know it's Ellie Goulding, dear, thank you; what I *asked* was..." he'd have got all huffy and said you were being sarcastic, no?

Sigh.

Speaking of the evening's entertainment: has anyone seen Moonlight all the way through? I'd like to see it, just not sure I'm emotionally up to it right now. I'll probably dither about it for another hour then decide it's too late to go out...

Sigh.
(1)

Asked hubs: "Is that music you are listening to from your playlist, or is it just a music station?"
He answers: "It is just Ellie Goulding".
(3)

Taking a more positive approach to communication, I am positive that
losing one hour will give everyone else an excuse to miss church on Sunday.
(0)

Mom had me up at five o'clock, calling that she was cold because she had thrown off her blankets. I went back to bed and woke up again at 9:00... holy smoke, I haven't slept that late since ??? Next thing I know we will be sleeping til noon, I will never survive losing an hour tomorrow!
(2)

Turning the page...hello.
(0)

Hopefully, turning the page on a new day here. Dreading the full moon, missing that hour already that we will lose....where does it go anyway?
(0)

DDDuck....
You are always well-liked, however, just because I clicked like on your posts does not necessarily mean I think it's okay to go around beating up your sis! This is not in judgment of you, but I think accidentally spitting food in her face spoke volumes all by itself. Who gets in one's face, so close while they are eating, that some kind of natural consequences would not be expected?  You were obviously provoked.
Trying to be understanding here. I do think you have posted on exactly the right thread however. The introduction did say:
"Ever want to tear your hair out, or someone else's?"

Hope you are okay. Growing up, my siblings and I would fight. After standing in the corner as punishment, we would have to apologize, then hug the sibling. There was no worse punishment than the hug!

I agree with everyone to avoid your sis, avoid, avoid, avoid.
(1)

Going back a ways....
MsMadge, Were we supposed to empty the expired cans before tossing them? If I did that, dH would be deprived of going through the trash, AND of arguing about the meaning of the expiration date, AND of eating expired food. He would really feel deprived of the entire process, imo.

Veronica, You are exactly right about having to cook one hour earlier when changing the time. Can't I just pretend to cook during the one hour that will be lost....not cooking at all?
(0)

This is so embarrassing! Wanting everyone to have a "like this" on their posts, I will go through and click......but when I click on the little heart to "like this", invariably I will click my own post too. Well, you all know from experience, I am sure, that doesn't work. So in the end, everyone has a like, and mine are all a big fat -0-, a zero "likes". Meh.
(1)

Oh, Luckylu! Thanks, I think?
Whenever that day comes........
I love your sense of humor too!
(0)

Happy Birthday Send!
(1)

Thanks, I think?
(To borrow a phrase from Cwillie that I thought was so very funny.)

Oh, and the phrase: "Because I don't want to" was borrowed from Gershun.

It's not that I don't have an original thought or phrase, it's that everyone else is so very funny each in their own way, and deserves all the credit.
(0)

LOL Send you sure have that bratt in you!! Tell it like it is. That is right.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter