Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
How about sea monkeys ??
(1)

You people are making me want candy. Any candy will do. My waistline disagrees, maybe some popcorn. Candy popcorn?....
I'm going to bed now. G night.
(1)

I don't know how you all sat still Ali and I felt so sorry for the teachers last Tuesday after Halloween the night before.You know their day was rough.
I miss a candy stick that Russell Stover used to put out.It was an assortment,lemon,cinnomin,orange, and they were SO good.
(2)

They used to give us candy - Smarties, Mike N Ikes - in Sunday school when I was growing up, right before we kids all went to the main combined "adult" service. Makes me laugh, thinking about hundreds of sugared up kids going into a 30+ minute sermon. I don't know how we stayed quiet...
(1)

Pixie Stix... :-)
(1)

Weird candy I don't see anymore: they used to have these flavored wax red lips you could stick on top of your own to make a face, but you could chew the wax, too. I never understood the point of those candy wax lips... which might be why they aren't around anymore.

I remember all that candy, FF, and I was born in mid 70s. They still had all that when I was a kid.

Remember the little wax "bottles" of syrup flavored "cola?" You would bite the top off and drink the syrup.
(3)

My playmate was my big brother, we played baseball and football and army and cowboys and astronauts. I can remember hanging a bucket from the clothes line to give the kitties rides, they didn't like that too much ;)
(2)

What about dolls.....which ones did you play with?i played with Liddle Kiddles and Ginny's and I would only be Ken when we played Barbie.
(2)

Katie...I remember sea monkies too!Mine didn't turn into little people either......
(2)

I remember all those good candies freqflyer.We had the best candy back tthen.Do you remember when Zotz came out? And do you remember the good ole comic books like Little Lotta and Little Audrey,Dot,Richie Rich, and Casper?I still have mine in the attic but I'll never let them go until I read them all again atleast once.It was so much fun to pig out on candy and read my comic books.....
(1)

I remember all those candies and the comic book tricks, and the little turtles with the plastic palm tree dish... Does anyone remember sea monkeys? In the add they looked like tiny little people but when I got them and put them in water they were these little things that looked like bugs swimming about. ugh...out they went into the grass.
(2)

Remember candy cigarettes? I think back when I was 10 or 12 years old and buying those candy cigarettes... looked real on those cold days.

Or those candy dots on a long roll of paper? Or that fizzy stuff you could put on your tongue?
(3)

In the back of comic books,there were items you could order like jokes to play on people.One time I ordered a fake arm cast that looked real.It came in handy so many times through the years but my fake doggie doo doo didn't go over so well and the man got a paper towel,picked it up and threw it down his toilet and I didn't say a word.Or do THAT joke again.Ahhh,the good ole days........
(2)

Pet turtles in a little plastic dish with a fake palm tree! When the turtle grew it kept escaping, one day it just disappeared. Hmm, I don't think I can ask mom anymore what really happened to it...
(4)

Did you ever buy any of those tiny real turtles when you were a kid?
And I sure hope my vote cancels out my husband's!Going to vote right now.
(4)

Yes Lu, I have heard of those, but not the kind everyone else was taking as drugs.

Love voting days, where many a married household is fraught with the fight:
"Well! My VOTE cancels out your VOTE!

ha ha ha ha, lol, har de har, lol. It is true! Happy voters check in here!
(3)

Send...Did you happen to see any growing Magic crystals too?
(1)

Don't worry Luckylu,
Found them for sale online just now, and I remember seeing them there just ten minutes ago, so you're not old at all!
(3)

Ofcourse you remember Send...They were little beans in a plastic box and they had little hats and canes and they performed The Mexican Hat Dance to Mexicalli Rose.How can you forget that?!!
(1)

Wait, I don't remember any beans and I'm not old!
(1)

Luckylu,
About the mexican jumping beans making you old.....
Only if you swallowed some and after all these years they stopped jumping,
I would say that the beans got too old, not you! Lol.
(1)

Does remembering Mexican jumping beans make me old?
(3)

Then it is OK to laugh Send... I'd rather they poop than pee.... you can pick it up and toss it! Our one cat used to pee in hubs suitcase when he was packing if he didn;t pick it up off the floor, guess she wanted him to stay home
(4)

P.S. Happened at someone else's home, we do not have any pets.
(2)

All is right with the world when the cat has spoken!
(2)

Send, nothing like a cat thinking out of the box :P
(7)

Send....Good luck getting the cat urine odor out of those clothes.There is nothing worse and if you find a magic recipe for it,let me know.I am surprised the cat pooped where it sleeps......cats are so weirdly wonderful.
(3)

Oh, how cute! The cat was sleeping on top of a laundry hamper left in the kitchen for six days.
Not so cute was the cat, an elderly cat, pooped in there too. On somebody's clothes. In the kitchen.
We call this poop humor, right?
(2)

sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite
(1)

Katie, That is a good suggestion, writing the problem down and focusing on tomorrow as the time you will deal with it. Instead, I have been getting up and dealing with it late at night-especially paperwork. Then I can go to sleep, however, would stay up most of the night. :(
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter