Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Rocky lll
Theme song: Eye of the tiger
Band: Survivor

You go to Alaska, Babalou! They also have Sarah Palin in Alaska.
(1)

Answers on this discussion:

I now understand why eskimo's put their elders on a slab of ice and push them out to sea!, by sneakysnail
(1)

I dunno, lets ask them when we see them, cause one of us is going to win a flight to Alaska.

Thankless, Are you going to make me explain this too? Have you not seen the slab of ice being pushed out to sea with an elder on it, a purported eskimo burial at sea tradition? Just thought the Eskimo Nation of native peoples might have hurt feelings about other various people of all nationalities on this forum using their sacred burial rituals for a resource for humor. But I heard recently they can teach you to fish and build you a tiny house made of ice blocks. It is one of these ice blocks that the E's shave off the ice slab to push retirees out to sea when tey get too old to fish for themselves.
But I think Luckylu knows more about them than I do, ask her.
I was just attempting to be culturally relevant and sensitive.
(2)

I guess I've been behind the door lately. When did it become rude or offensive to call the peoples of Alaska- Eskimos?

And, yes, Eskimo pies are delish!
Just in case any "youngin's" are out there; Eskimo Pie is a brand name for a chocolate-covered vanilla ice cream bar wrapped in foil, the first such dessert sold in the United States. (Taken from Wikipedia)
(3)

LOL cant see screen for low lying clouds in my eyes. send your gone and gersun there is no help for you. YoU All redefine term memory unit.
(1)

Don't they have Eskimos in Alaska?

Eye of the Tiger
Band: Survivor
(1)

Rocky 3
(2)

What movie was eye of the tiger the theme song ? Band ?

C'mon gals - first prize is a trip to Alaska
(2)

Now, the pieces of the puzzle will be oh so small. We may never see Tony again.
Gershun, have you seen the e a r of the tiger?
What about you, Cwillie, Luckylu? Do either of you have the tiger by the tail?
Have you seen my paw?
(1)

crunch crunch crunch.........as Gershun and Send walk on eggshells. Otherwise, life is just golden.;)
(2)

Thinking I will just get out the frosted flakes, spread them all over the floor, and "pretend" that I am walking on eggshells. lol.
(2)

Lucky, Are the E-yo-yos a food, a toy?
I think the E-kiss is rubbing noses, or was that just in cartoons?
Researching now, because my neighbor told me her son was tested for MRSA prior to surgery-the nose is where one carries the MRSA.
(methicillin resistant staphyloccocus aureas.), a dangerous infection difficult to clear.
(0)

Let's all get out our Eskimo Yo-Yo's!!! OR We can give Eskimo kisses!
(2)

I just love Eskimo's............:P
(1)

E S K I M O pies, they're GRrreat!!!!!
(5)

No offense to a poster on here whose screen name is SorryNotSorry, and I just cannot apologize to Eskimos to whom no offense whatsoever is intended, further, disclaimer disclaimer disclaimer for anything whatsoever.
(1)

Way too old to learn to be politically or culturally correct-I have alway tried and succeeded in at least being polite and compassionate. When treated with disdain by narcissists and bullies, there is a time when one has to either speak up, or learn not to give a ***. There actually is a book that I suspect many enlightened folks on the forum have already read, or at least are aware of the title. Which reads, (the uncapitalized version): thelife-changing magic of not giving a *&@*:
How to stop spending time you don't have with people you don't like doing the things you don't like doing. Without rudeness, without being a jackass, the book's author, Sarah Knight, admits her writings are profane and giddy, and uses the Not Sorry Method. Don't actually have the book yet, but just the title is liberating to me.
(3)

The Eskimos have the Eklutna Tribe.There are many Eklutna cemetaries there.Many Spirits!
(3)

Our northern indigenous peoples are Inuit, the southern tribes prefer to be referred to as First Nations.
(4)

CW, there was a BBC reporter being all smug about himself because he knew better than to use the E word and kept talking about the Inuit instead; then he got his ear chewed off, because these particular indigenous people were not Inuits, and I was so busy cackling that I didn't catch the right name. What is the correct term in polite circles? I know in Australia it's First People - it's Australians who have no sense of irony, btw, not Americans - but I imagine the Asiatic-derived communities in Canada have a more sophisticated concept?
(2)

You mean the Canadian football team lol? (Yes, we do have a football league up here)

Apparently it is still PC for you Americans to talk about Eskimos, it is only here in Canada that it is a dirty word.
(2)

Are we even allowed to talk about the Eskimos?
(1)

Cwillie, That story about Tony the tiger was really kinda sad.
Tears now.
(1)

Bob Newhart is 87 today. It was by listening to The Driving Instructor that I first discovered that just talking could be funny, and I will love him forever.
(3)

Saw this today:

"This too shall pass. It might pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass."
(6)

A husband comes home from coffee hour at the senior's centre to find his still beautiful blonde wife sitting at the kitchen table in tears.
"What's wrong, dear?" He asks. Through her tears she says, "well, I've been trying to put this puzzle together all morning and I just can't seem to figure it out! It's supposed to be a tiger."
He looks at her and in his most sympathetic voice says, "sweetheart, let's put the frosted flakes back in the box."
(4)

Around the town Send, doing weekend errands etc.
(1)

Ali, That is just the way I remember the rules too---a big blank box!

Is that how you all remember it too?
(1)

It has really been an interesting experience, living between the vast expanse between socially acceptable and socially unacceptable.
I call this new place to reside the socially exceptable space.

Where have you been, Gershun?
(2)

Poster # 500 on the Caregivers Behaving Badly thread.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter