Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Unlike most of the caregivers participating in this thread, I have experience in pharmacology (pharmaceutical industry scientist). I went through the caregiving/hospice experience three times within a year and a half and it was incredibly eye opening. Thank goodness for the skilled and compassionate hospice community. They are extremely good at their work. But have no doubt what their work is: to give you some quality final time with your loved one and then to create a peaceful death. It amazes me that even the hospice nurses appeared to be kept in the dark about the biological processes of death and the pharmacological effects of the drugs they were using. A major mechanism of the modern concept of a "good death" is dehydration. The trilogy of opioids, benzodiazepines, and Haldol is no different than what happens when you bring your beloved pet to the veterinarian to be "put down". It is just done more slowly.

I couldn't figure out why the hospice nurses kept asking me when my plane ticket home was. I finally found out when I begged them to finally stop her horrible pain and they knocked her out with pentobarbital. I expressed my gratitude and they said, "We would have done this last Tuesday, but I thought you still had some unfinished business." Apparently they only do euthanasias on Tuesdays.

When our pets no longer have a meaningful life, we hold them, tell them we love them, and let them go painlessly and peacefully in a matter of minutes. I'll never understand why we torture the elderly instead. It's inhumane.

Thank you to all those hospice nurses out there doing the compassionate work to minimize the torture.
(1)

Wow...
(0)

Excusé, Chemist. I'm confused about your post. How is someone giving your mom a dose of pentobarbital so she can sleep the same as performing euthanasia?

"they knocked her out with pentobarbital. I expressed my gratitude and they said, 'We would have done this last Tuesday, but I thought you still had some unfinished business.' Apparently they only do euthanasias on Tuesdays."

Thanks for helping me to understand this better. Seems to me they were helping her relax and sleep, which is what pentobarbital does, right?

Fwiw, my position is that I would hope someone would ease me into death if I'm suffering and ready to go... but that has nothing to do with giving an elder a dose to minimize anxiety and help sleep... does it?  
(3)

Chemist,
Hospice does not euthanize anyone.
What you experienced was the use of a medication to ease your mother's suffering which allowed her to pass peacefully.

The remarks about giving her the Pentobarbitol the previous Tuesday meant they were assuming you wished her to be kept alert for whatever reason, and there are many. For example, waiting for a relative to arrive, the birth of a new baby, a legal matter to be completed, tax returns to be signed, a service person to arrive from overseas.

As to the questions about your return plane ticket they were trying to remind you that it might need to be changed and the financial implications of that. None of these things are sinister, just misunderstandings between a stressed relative and a busy nurse who perhaps has poor communication skills or is totally exhausted.

Hospice nurses become very stressed at times especially when dealing with the death of someone young who is maybe going to leave young children or perhaps a tiny baby sent home to die within days of birth. There is no way you would know what else was happening with the nurse's patient load.

Many nurses burn out very quickly and leave this specialty because of the emotional stress it produces which they were far from prepared for. It is not a career path that is encouraged and other nurses seem to think that a hospice nurse has entered that field because they are too dumb to practice main stream acute nursing. This is far from the truth as a hospice nurse needs to be very experienced in many aspects of diseases and able to guide the patient and family in their correct course of action.

They are frequently the only course of communication between patient and Dr who rely on them for assessing conditions and medication requirements. Many Drs feel that loosing a patient is a failure on their part and therefor loose interest in the care. During ten years as a hospice nurse I only saw our medical director make two home visits although certain FNPs took a great interest in their dying patients and would often visit the home, but of course they were nurses before becoming FNPs.

Pentobarbitol is not a drug I ever saw used and is generally discouraged for the elderly and not a first choice for the general population these days. Barbiturates were very commonly used 50 years ago and very effective for sedation. It was standard practice to use it as a pre op sedative for children.

My own husband spent most of his career as a Dr working in the pharmaceutical industry, developing some ground breaking drugs but as far as hospice care was concerned he deffered to me although he had had experience in acute medicine and general practice.

Was it your choice that Pentobarbital be used as a sedative for your mother? Not that I am suggesting it was the wrong choice if deep sedation was required.

I am in no way suggesting that drugs given at the end of life if they are needed to ease suffering may allow the patient to die more quickly and therefor suffer less.

Euthanasia is never the objective although there are frequently enough drugs in the home for caregivers to deliberately over dose.

Chemist I am so sorry that your mother had to suffer such excruciating pain but glad the end was finally peaceful.
(6)

Honestly I don't know I feel by reading most of your comments I think mate it depends on workers or hospice your loved ones attended I didn't feel so angry with hospice until my dad passed away after my mother both at same hospice and wierd how there rooms were beside each other my mom and dad passed away two years apart due to lung cancer that spread through moms body and dad had cancer as well they both passed away three days after being brought in from being at hospital my mom seemed more cared for and passed peacfuly she was in hospital for three mths was given like two weeks and lasted that long she was reaponcive on and off at hospital some days she seemed fine and talked fine others shed lay there like she was already gone or sometimes she would try to talk and she couldn't but with my dad when he went in hospice u have sign the papers for them have oxygen tank and so I did but they like lowered his oxygen and wouldn't give him more he needed more I was getting soooo angry at that point I new once my dad was there he didn't like the nurses he was a grumpy man at times tho but I new he had reasons why he didn't like them and took same as my mom three days for him to pass I felt like they only keep drugging them and drugging them until they die so they can get next patients in the nurses don't get paid it all vulinteer work and the hospice is rubbed by donations that what I was told by hospice after my mom passed from hospice in Guelph Ontario I would never put anyone in hospice after seeing my parents go like that it just make me hurt and angry
(1)

So many times in this thread, it sounds like family members believe and expect that their LO's on Hospice are going to get better! That is never the objective, or the plan. Quality of life and Comfort are the goal, and a calm and peaceful death.

I've been through Hospice care with my own Mother, and am currently Caregiving for my FIL in my home on Hospice. We were lucky to have been given the option of using the same Hospice care organization as we had with Mom so many years ago, as they were tremendous, and are now working with us caring for my FIL.

They are an amazing group of Nurses, Social Workers, and aides! They have such a great way of putting my FIL at ease, and the SW is currently putting together a plan, to have my FIL honored by the Veterans of Foreign War, to acknowledge him and his Naval service to our country, she's such a Sweetie!

While they have made every medication option available to him, I've yet to see them push any medication or sedation upon him. Although when I've asked for a calming agent, so that he can rest comfortable in the afternoons and not be so agitated (so that I can get some rest too!) and at nighttime for good sleep, they haven't hesitated to make it available to him. His pain is well controlled, and should his needs increase, they told me there is much, much higher doses that he can be prescribed without worry of overdose. Again, comfort is the key. Never do they euthanize a patient, that is a Myth! Do they make patient comfortable enough to to the point of sleep, certainly, and sometimes just being relieved of the horrific pain, and made comfortable, is exactly what it takes to allow the patient to give in, let down, and let go.

Imagine yourself being in that insanely heightened and prolonged agitated feeling of severe pain, your body is naturally pumping out those "Fight or Flight" endorphins to the point that it cannot sleep, let alone relax. Now be given a nice relaxant and something for that severe pain, and ahhh, relaxed, less pain, and either sleep or hopefully even death, as when that pain control wears off, it all starts over and over again. No thank you, give me a calm and peaceful death any day!

And Chemist, I agree, dehydration in the End Stages of the dying process works wonders too! It was explained by our Mom's Hospice Dr/team that
patients incapable of drinking and swallowing enter into a state of ketosis, where the nervous system is
dulled and the patient rarely feels pain, hunger or thirst. Being dehydrated causes a feeling of welbeing, euphoria, and in this stage, the last stage, we do our best to keep our Loved Ones mouth moist and comfortable, using those spongettes. There are other routes of pain meds used at this point to keep the patient as calm and pain free as possible, either sublingual or injectable, and allow them NATURAL yet calm and painfree death.

Some states do have Death with Dignity laws (here in Washington state we do), but that is not the role of Hospice. In fact Hospice does not participate in the DWD organization. They do not admonish them, but will only come afterwards, after the DWD take care of the patients wishes and the patient has passed, to aid and assist the family in contacting the funeral home, and prepare the deceased for transport to the mortuary. I know this because I had a Nephew who went this route just this past February. He was was on Hospice, chose DWD, and ended his own suffering. The 2 agencies work separately, but in conjunction with one another, but "nary the 2 shall mix", as they say. It was a wonderful thing, but the decision was not taken lightly! A lot of discussion, planning and execution went into it. He is finally at peace.
(5)

Myth, I really do not think that is what it is. I think that the accusations by family members after a loved one has passed, are coming from a place of grief. Wanting and wishing things could have been different. Maybe some guilt for having made the decision to choose hospice, and wishing they as family members had taken more time to provide care, support for the family member.

My mom was on hospice for eight months before she passed. She had a fall three weeks before passing and hospice has dealt with these issues many, many times. They were successful at making her comfortable to ease her passing. And now, after all, she is reunited with her beloved family members (that she talked and wondered about often).
(5)

Glad, good point about wanting and wishing things could have been different. So many of us go through the "what ifs" stage... oh why didn't I do this, or do that.

And some people need to blame someone or some thing for a death that was going to happen anyway. My sig other is one who points fingers at others whenever there was a death in his family.

This finger pointing goes on for many years. I keep telling him that that relative would be really upset if he/she knew that all you could think about regarding their whole life was the day they died and whom you want to blame..... [sigh]
(7)

Wish we had a time machine. Would turn it back to 2012
(1)

Is atavan and morphine good for someone with advanced dementia due to several cardiac arrests they suffered 2 years ago? My husband is home from a week in the hospital. Palliative care. Am I doing the right thing? I just want no pain for him and he is only 62 years old.
(2)

Shattered, I'm so sorry! How tragic that your husband developed dementia at such a young Age!

Is he agitated? I believe that is what the Ativan helps with; morphine is for pain.

If you have questions, is there a 24 hour nursing line you can call?
(2)

This is not coming to my e-mail anymore. Had to look it up.
(0)

shatteredheart,
I, too, am so sorry for you and your husband.
Yes, you are doing the right thing. These are drugs that Palliative Care and Hospice use to keep people comfortable.
If your husband is suffering from pain, Morphine will handle that. If he is agitated or having anxiety, the Ativan will help that.
A few people think that drugs shouldn't be given because it makes the person sleepy. But why would you want to have your loved one in pain or agitation when you could relieve it?
If you have a belief in a Higher Being hang on to it. Try to get some time away from care-taking to keep you going.
You sound like a caring wife. You are doing the best you can.
Please keep in touch.
(2)

Shattered heart try and think of it from your point of view. Would you want to spend your last days with pain and overwhelming anxiety. I know I would quickly be asking for the drugs. Sedated and sleepy that is what I would want so rest assured you are doing the right thing.
So sad for you that he is only 62 but it is what it is so take good care of yourself so you can be strong enough to take care of him till the end.
Make use of all that hospice has to offer. Try and make some time for yourself and don't feel guilty about leaving him in someone else's care while you go out and have lunch with a friend, go shopping or have your hair done.
Don't concern yourself that something happens while you are out of the house. It may have been what he wanted. Many people wait till their dearest loved one is not present to pass. You might feel bad that you were not home but immediately get rid of the guilt, that is not what your husband would have wanted.
My mother passed away one afternoon after a couple she had been friends with for many years had stopped by and enjoyed a cup of tea with her. Later they said if they had known it was going to happen they would have stayed longer. The truth is she probably had no idea either as she was found by another friend shortly thereafter on the floor by the kitchen sink. I am sure she was washing the dishes that had been used for tea. She had experienced a second heart attack about a week earlier and seemed to be recovering well. So as life is unpredictible so is death.
Blessings to you and your husband.
(4)

My sister had stage 4 breast cancer and she just died last night, and she was under hospice care. I'm saddened because several months prior to being placed in hospice she had gone to an in home natural treatment place. She had after 24 hrs there with cleansing and healthy, vital juicing, had no more need of morphine since her pain was gone. And in a few days, she had an appetite and could eat healthy meals. However, it is important (if experiencing high anxiety) to continue to use the anxiety medicine so there are no withdrawal symptoms.
In my sister's case, she was taken from there by another family member and by not staying with the strict health program, her pain returned in about 1 month. And by June, family members placed her in hospice.
I think she felt abandoned and experienced the same treatment...heavy dosages (enough to make her unresponsive, so much so that she didn't even know yesterday morning, that my other sister was there). I believe in the body's God given ability to eliminate toxins and with divine help and proper cleansing and nutrition, the quality of life can be dramatically improved and possibly fully healed.
I'm still in shock...I know there are nurses with compassion (my sister was an RN) but, she was realizing that with natural healing methods, divine intervention and prayer, that you can get amazing results. I live almost a 20 hour drive from her and I wonder if I was closer, if I could have convinced her to try another natural healing place, especially since she saw some amazing, miraculous results...I feel that being in hospice care rushed her death along too...
I feel and can relate to your pain.
(1)

We put mom on hospice yesterday. I didn't think she was going to make it through the night without hospice. She's on a low dose of morphine, her regular psych drugs and is comfortable. Hospice gave us a choice of just PRN morphine or scheduled doses with prn as well. We opted for the scheduled doses because in the past, the nh has not covered her pain as well as they needed to. Just texted with SIL, she is getting both schedule and prn, that is what it's taking to keep her comfortable. We've turned down the Ativan so far because mom is on another Benzo med and I don't want to change too much at once.

So no, they are not rushing anything. We are letting her down easy as though she has a parachute.  And we had a long conversation yesterday about our wishes.
(7)

Barb, I'm sorry it's come to that point, but in 100% of cases of life, there is an end. You have been through so much- I know you must be relieved a little bit to know that end is near. You all have a good handle on this.

I love the imagery of "letting (mom) down easy like she has a parachute." Happy landings to your mom!
(6)

That's right Barbara, soft and easy, as that's certainly how I would want it! Know that I am thinking of you during this very emotional time!

My FIL is doing well on Hospice in my home. He loves all "his girls", and they make a fuss over him.

We are keeping him comfortable and now he is even asking for the medications, something that I thought he would never do, Stuborn Norwegian! Lol!

He's got plenty of visitors in our kids, my sisters, the Hospice team, and every day is busy, and we are pooped out at the end of every day.

He is beginning to sleep much more during the day, and is eating less and less, and the Nurses say to not force him to eat if he doesn't want to.

This is a very difficult journey, but it's our job to make it as peaceful and comfortable as possible, and that's what we are doing.

Thankfully it's a quiet day today, so we are ALL resting up!

Take care Barbara, and God speed to your lovely Mam!
(8)

Agar,
I'm so sorry about your sister.
I, too, believe in the power of prayer. My husband was saved from death (pneumonia) by prayer and God's mercy. His chance of surviving was only 10%!
I also believe health can be restored in many cases with a drastic change in diet and the additions of vitamins and minerals. My grandma survived many more years by doing just that.

However, Stage 4 breast cancer is practically impossible to survive. According to the website Healthline;
"The American Cancer Society (ACS) states that the five-year survival rate after diagnosis for people with stage 4 breast cancer is 22 percent.
This percentage is considerably lower than at earlier stages. At stage 3, the five-year relative survival rate is 72 percent. At stage 2, it’s over 90 percent."

I'm sorry to say that, (in my humble opinion and 38 years of nursing), I don't think juicing would be effective in riding metastatic cancer (cancer that has spread to others areas or organs) from the body. I understand trying everything and, sometimes it seems to work but, as time goes on, (as you said she was there 'several months before') the patient declines in health as the cancer advances.

In my opinion, a terminal patient should NEVER be in pain. You can titrate the dosage to fit their needs but they should always be comfortable as they journey to the next realm.
Her death was inevitable but at least she was comfortable. Hospice did not kill your sister, she died of cancer in a comfortable state. Be grateful she wasn't writhing in pain , as I have seen others go.
(5)

126Cher,
Have you changed your email address?
Do you check the board on someone else's phone?
Contact the administrator. (I don't know how to do that). Look on the main page. I think it's supposed to be an automatic 'subscription' to the thread you've posted on.
I know I wait for notifications and I don't seem to get as many as I've replied to.
Good luck.
(1)

Azar, I'd like to offer my experiences to help console you. My sister was initially diagnosed with Stage III/IV cancer, and died 4 years later. By that time the cancer had metastasized throughout her body, from head to toe. Her last months were unpleasant, frustrating and very, very emotional.

She was unhappy, depressed and sometimes just miserable. She was never that kind of person when she was healthy - she was an RN, worked out, held exercise classes for elderly folks at centers, ate well and thrived.

Cancer changed that. She continued to eat well when she could tolerate food. Our family has grown our own food for years, when we could. I am a staunch supporter of natural remedies myself. But cancer is more powerful than we are.

In my limited experience, it's not unusual to experience an abatement in pain or other symptoms. But that doesn't mean that the cancer has been cured; my sister experienced several periods of more healthy conditions, but the cancer always returned, aggressively.

I think those of us who survive someone who's died of cancer can never really know how much that person may have suffered, and that's certainly no reflection on the compassion and emotion you've expressed her.

People just don't always express their pain. My sister didn't; my father doesn't. I know also that both of them didn't want to burden their living relatives and withheld detail on their agonies.

Your sister might have felt that, and as a nurse, I suspect she knew what was happening before the family did.

Our bodies aren't strong enough to eliminate some toxins, nor are they strong enough to spontaneously cure some of the disastrous diseases that have manifested themselves through time.

Remember as well that some of these diseases are man made, through insecticide and chemical contamination of food, water, cosmetics, the environment...bodies haven't developed immunity to some of the devastating diseases people have created or contributed to.

Your faith and love for your sister are touching. I recall that I felt that way when my sister died. But over the years I realize how many clues I missed, and most of all, I remember the agony of her last months.

In retrospect, I wish I had had more insight and could have gotten her into a hospice program sooner. By the time the cancer had spread through her entire body, it was time for relief. Her last days were miserable. I wish in retrospect I had the insight to realize that and authorize hospice sooner, and alleviate her misery.

I hope this helps you as you reflect on her life and her legacy, moving from "if only" to being glad that's she no longer suffering.
(6)

If I have one regret about Hospice, it's that we didn't get them sooner. I was unable and unwilling to push my brother, in large part because my SIL, who really always had mom's best interests at heat, felt like Hospice meant "giving up".

The way hospice worked at the NH, once mom was "on" was that they were our instant response system. They were able to fix what was wrong immediately, because they were working for mom and not for the NH. I think the last two years of slow decline would have been exactly the same, except we would have had a better response system in place. That's MY two cents.
(7)

My mom was put in a hospice center by my sister. I've been saying for last 5 plus years that she had dementia. But My sister had full control and refused to have her tested and turned everyone against me. Then mom suffered a mild stroke, no paralyzes just got her words mixed up. One medication the doctor gave her caused her to not eat and caused a seizure. She was taken off the medication and quickly got better. My sister moved in with mom had her change her will making her executor and did away with divide equally between siblings giving her 2/3 of the total estate which is turning out 100%. Then she moved mother to hospice signed a DNR meaning No Food or Drink they shot her up every three hours with Morphine and killed her. Our mother was not dying, and was not terminal, hospice gets away with this way more then people realize. They must be held accountable for there actions. I know this is horrible but true.
(0)

Michael; DNR means do not resuscitate; it does NOT mean no food or drink.

You have to be medically eligible for hospice, i.e., have a life limiting illness.
(3)

My sister conviensed our mom to do away with her will make a new one with her as executor. She then manipulated mom so that she got 2/3 of the estate. I have suspected for last 5-6 years mom had dementia. But she convinced the family I was wrong and kept mother from getting tested thus no treatment. Then mom suffered a mild stroke no paralyzes just got her words mixed up. The doctors put her on a medication that caused her to be combative and not eat and caused a seizure. She was taken off that medication and quickly got better. Hospital sent her home and home health came once a day. My sister moved in and got into it with mother arguing with her and not allowing her to have visitors . Next thing she put mom in a hospice center in Fort Worth, Texas Signed a DNR and the quit giving her food or drink. The shot her up with Morphine every three hours. This lasted til she was dead. Her death certificate states cause of death dehydration and malnutrition. It was in humane. Soon as I found out and went to see her, I was only told she took a turn for the worse. The 2nd I saw her I new something was terribly wrong.  I called the nurse and told her she needs something to drink where is the Iv to keep her hydrated "I'm totally in the dark" her lips are sticking to her teeth. They went and got this green liquid it had a take your breath away smell and sponged it inside her mouth. I was about to go ballistic on the staff but she was almost gone at that point. Shes in a very tranquil state of coma they said she would wake up and talk normal just laugh then go back to sleep.  She did do that she tried to tell the Doctor that they wanted her money but the doctor and nurse paid no attention. This was witnessed by my other sister and her friend. When I got to her it was to late.  She died about 1 1/2 hour after I got there. I think she was holding on til I could get there. It was the worst day of my life. To me Hospice centers should be watched over and shut down if they overstep there boundaries, along with heavy fines and criminal charges.  They are grossly unregulated. I called them a modern day Auschwitz. I know that sounds horrible but my mom would still be alive if they where forced to abide by the rules. My mother was a very strong believer in God and was a christian. She did not want or deserve that. 
(0)

Michael as Barb noted a DNR means "Do not resuscitate" it means just that. No attempts to restart a heart,no artificial feeding and no tube down the throat to hook up to a breathing machine.
Would you have really wanted to see medical staff pushing on Mom's chest and breaking ribs or giving electric shocks and pushing a tube down her throat.

As far as your sister's actions are concerned they are clearly illegal and the only way to deal with them is through the legal system if you feel it is worth it.

It has been said many times on this thread that the purpose of hospice is to give a patient a comfortable and anti anxiety death. Drugs are fequently required to achieve this end It is not in the interests of hospice to kill off their patients.
Once a patient has passed the hospice looses vital income.
You are grieving the loss of your mother and looking for aomeone to blame for something that no one had any control over so try and find peace for yourself.
(4)

Well Veronica, I understand what your saying,  I agree, problem was my mom was not terminal. She was not dying. The hospice staff didn't try to help her at all. I have all medical records nothing stating life threatening! To be admitted to hospice you should be out of options "except divine intervention"
(0)

Michael; It depends entirely what you mean by "terminal". My mom, who passed away peacefully on Hospice on Friday had Vascular dementia, congestive heart failure and a mild pleural effusion. None of that equated to a "terminal" diagnosis. However, there was nothing that could be done about any of those conditions. So they were life-limiting.

I hope that you find peace.
(3)

Being a part time hospice nurse, there are requirements to enter hospice. A patient MUST meet certain criteria (6 months or less to live, etc.) because it is paid for by the government (Medicare).
This is not a "free-for-all" for whatever the doctors and nurses want to do. Patient's charts are audited by the state and, if not found in compliance, the state can close them down. One of the largest hospices in San Diego, California, with hundreds of patients, was shut down a couple of years ago.

Go talk to your mom's doctor for the diagnosis he gave the hospice and ask him to explain his actions to you. Then go speak with the hospice director. Bring your medical records with you. I'm sure you will be given more records that will substantiate her admittance into hospice.
Dig for your answers and you will get them. But please stop blaming the nurses for killing your mother. You don't know ALL the facts.
(2)

My Story- My Mom Lynda suffered 2 strokes back to back in 2012. Taking her speech completely away and left her partial paralyzed. Then in May of 2016 she was diagnosed with stage 4 Breast Cancer. She tried One treatment of Chemo. Which that did her in and she lost all her hair. She lived at home and had 24/7 care. My daughter, my step dad and Myself took care of her. During the month of July (last month) she was needing to wear diapers, her eating had slowed down and she was drinking anout a gallon of water a day. We would have to take her to the restroom every 10 min and we would have to change her sheets daily. She was scheduled to have her Pet Scan done on Monday July 17th. We didn't know that would be her last outing. I called Hospice the same Monday and when we returned they met us at home. After talking and evaluation of My Mom they told us she had about 2 weeks left. They started her on Morphine that day too. Tuesday we were told now she has 7-9 days left. But I knew it would be sooner. Because I could hear the death rattle. Gurgling had started. On Tuesday Everyone came over to talk to her. She couldn't respond but she was alert and knew who was there. On Wed July 19th she was no longer responding. Having morphine on the clock all day. She slept but her eyes remained open. I tried to close them but they wouldn't. I talked to her all day throughout the last days. I Told her how much I loved her. How she was my best friend how she was the best mom to me and the best grandma to my daughter. She was able to meet her great grandson too. Thank God for that. On Thursday morning at 1am I got up from the couch (no sleep for me in 4 days) to pray for her. At 4:15 am I was sitting on the couch and heard this sound that was like there were Machines on. I got up and looked at Mom. She was passing. But she was trying to breath. Her mounth was lock jaw. So seeing her struggled did me in. I woke up my daughter and my step dad and said Mom is leaving us. We stood by her side and told her it's ok to go and to be with her dad, Brother, Family, friends & he savior. The comotion of struggling stopped. Then silence. Then we watched her heart beat 4 last times. She took her last few breaths, then she was gone. We were all crying and just in shock that she had died. Then all of a sudden all this Foam came pouring out of her closed mouth. It scared us. We think it was the Cancer/Fluid in her lungs. I will never get that picture out of my head. I will never forget Watching my Best Friend, My Mom leave me. It's still so hard. She passed away on Thursday July 20th 2017 at 4:45 am. Cancer is Awful. It's so Awful. I will say Hospice was amazing. And I am glad she was on Morphine. To help ease the pain. Because we also found out from the Scan report that the Breast Cancer had spread throughout her ENTIRE body. So Mom was in so much pain. I miss her so much. I miss coming over to her house and kissing her. I miss talking to her. She was the Best Mom/Friend to me. I hope she's with her loved ones in a beautiful place. Until we meet again Mom. I Love you so much. Your Daughter, Victoria~
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter