Follow

She Queen of TV

He King of Football

May Both RIP

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Mat they rest in peace.
(1)

Hi MJ. Cloris Leachman was on the classic Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life." That featured Billy Mumy as a 6-yo running the whole town since he could kill people with his mind.

I also think of the episode "Kick the Can," possibly the first episode in TV of a man visiting his father in a NH/AL and saying no, you won't be coming home with us, Dad.

I remember the one called "The Masks" especially vividly. It was some sycophantic family gathered around grandpa at his expected time of death. So grandpa took revenge and affixed their pretty faces to ugly masks.

ALL our elders watched the Twilight Zone! My God, half the actors were born in the 1920s or 1930s--and they in their 20s or 30s themselves saw an example demonstrated of an infirm elder being placed. Do they really think that with their $1M house (if they still have it and paid off) will make them this Andrew Carnegie type figure where people would rationally be interested i THEIR money, split between two, three kids with the one who does Place for Mom getting NOTHING?

Their parents died in their 50s to 70s. It used to be quite rare to make it to the 80s. Most of said people, like the Masks guy, were Rockefeller rich.

Do these people who saw those episodes see us as the same way? Really?
(1)

My deceased husband played for Madden in 77 and won one of his Super Bowl rings there. He considered him one of the best coaches for whom he played.

Betty White wasn’t a favorite for me, but she had lots of fans.
(2)

I realized today that Ed Asner, Gavin MacLeod, Cloris Leachman, and now Betty White all died this year. All were on the Mary Tyler Moore shows.

I sent my daughter (28) a message that Betty White had died with a 😭😭 emoji. She responded, "I don't really know anything about her."

I feel SO old...
(4)

We have seen a lot of loss at the very end of this year to be certain. E. O. Wilson has passed, as well, a particular hero of mine. Mr Madden and Ms White had wonderful wonderful lives and lived them with great joy and much giving. Good on them. Hail the travelers.
(2)

I didn't know Betty White had passed at 99. The John Madden news came as a shock as he was "only" 85 and the passing was unexpected.

I would imagine most people don't want to pass after a protracted illness and/or something like dementia. You hear people saying they will end it beforehand all the time. But most times, they don't and don't have the resources of a White or Madden.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter