Follow
Read More
Cwillie,
In the U.S. pumpkin at Thanksgiving (in November) is really a thing. It gets embarrassing, and if you indulge, you may feel like swearing off pumpkin forever.
Pumpkin Spiced Latte is only one thing that becomes popular.

Pumpkin whipped cream, and not just desserts!

Pumpkin Beer
Nothing says fall quite like pumpkins and beer, and American craft breweries have done a superb job of combining the two. It’s tough to find anything that hasn’t been “pumpkin spiced,” and beers are no different. Pumpkin flavored beers have caught the attention of craft beer and pumpkin lovers everywhere, partially because the flavors can be implemented in several beer styles. Whether you’re interested in trying pumpkin amber ales, IPAs or pumpkin stouts, there are plenty of options from American craft brewers for you to explore.

What day and date is Thanksgiving in the U.S., Glad?
(0)

I read or saw on the news that one of the big ice cream manufactures was making it. But, if you can't find it

https://www.asweetpeachef.com/pumpkin-ice-cream/
(0)

It's July 1st Glad 🤣

I have no pumpkin pie, or pumpkin ice cream either. (Is that a thing? If not I think it should be).
(1)

You are right Glad!
Happy Thanksgiving Day to all our Canadian friends! 🦃
(1)

Today is actually Canadian Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians out there. Maybe it is pumpkin ice cream?

Canada Day is July 12, I think.
(2)

CWillie,
I am celebrating Canada Day, however, any reason will do!
Happy Canada Day , CWillie! 🇨🇦

Isn't it about the time of year when the migratory birds gather en masse'?

And, celebrating my elder's October birthday, because he is no longer alive to celebrate. 🎂

As for calories, and the huge expense, this is a justified investment.
imo. Only Haagen Dazs will do when it is a celebration! imo.
(0)

I splurged on some haagen daz when it was on sale but when I look at the calorie count I'm afraid to eat it.

(Is it your birthday month Send or are you just celebrating for someone else?)
(1)

Always feel better after having some ice cream!

Try celebrating your Birthday month, all month long is fun.
Treat yourself nice!

As caregivers, and former caregivers, we may need to find new ways to celebrate just about anything.

Maybe we should reinstate sending home made cards and letters in the snail-mail? That was always fun to receive in the mailbox.
I have kept so many cards, and even hand-written letters from my parents, so many years ago.
(0)

My birthday is the 21st but thanks ahead of time!

I had mentioned to another poster that I was also an October baby. So I guess people thought it was my birthday.

Send, I love mocha ice cream. I like all flavors though. I adore gelato!
(2)

Belated?
Happy Birthday NHWM!
🧁️🍦🍧🎂

What kind of ice cream is your favorite?
(0)

NHWM-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
(3)

NHWM, I want to wish you a very special 65th Happy Birthday. Now you will get to have free things and enjoy all the discounts. Have a wonderful blessed day!
(3)

NHWM: Happy Early and young Birthday to you. Welcome to Medicare.😀💞💞💞 And have a great brunch out tomorrow with your oldest daughter!
(2)

I love a delicious brunch! Going to have brunch with our oldest daughter tomorrow. Going to a great spot on Magazine St. One of my favorite areas in New Orleans.

Wish our younger daughter could join us but she has recently moved to Denver! She is loving seeing the fall foliage. Such a treat for her. We don’t get to see fall colors here like many others do in cooler climates.

Goodnight all! Sweet dreams.
(4)

🎂My birthday is coming up soon! I will be 65 years young!
(5)

🍂🍃🍂🌾🌼🍂🌻🍂🥧
(2)

"BarbBrooklyn,"

That sounds like a great night you have planned - the pizza/mozzarella sticks, having him play games on your tablet and then topping off the evening by reading to him as he falls asleep. It doesn't get any better than that. I don't know which one of you will have more fun! Sounds quite relaxing and comforting as well.

Enjoy!
(2)

Having my 8 year old grandson over for the evening and overnight, ordering in pizza and mozzarella sticks and letting him play soccer video games on my tablet. And then reading him books as he falls asleep.
(10)

I love the wind in my hair this time of year, I'm not sure what makes it different from the wind other times of the year but it is. Too bad it is a portent of winter.
(4)

Seeing my daughter fall in love with her new surroundings. She is so excited about her move to Denver!

I miss her but love hearing how happy she is. Today she visited her friend who moved to Vail. The joy she felt over seeing the mountains was contagious.

I loved hearing and feeling her joy about how beautiful the mountains are!
(6)

I like music... And I used to sing in a choir
I love reading
I love taking pictures of flowers and insects
I like dogs... I would like having one
I would like to travel... But it isn't possible now... But I am getting organized!
(5)

"Llamalover47,"

That's a shame and I still think it's a very sad and stressful situation but, I guess the chips will end up falling where they may. You can lead a horse to water but, you can't make them drink - I'm still worried for them.
(1)

NobodyGetsIt: Thank you. No, SIL and BIL won't be doing that. Good grief - they don't even get routine exams.
(0)

Hi "Llamalover47,"

Glad to hear you and your husband are still doing good. I know your SIL isn't doing good and won't be getting better. I just wish they could get the help they need so desperately since the kids won't pitch in. It still is a sad situation they're in - I wish I had ideas. Have they ever tried working with a social worker from a local "Area of Aging Agency" to either get guidance and/or resources?
(0)

NobodyGetsIt: I am glad to hear that you are well. DH and are well. No, SIL is very unwell.
(2)

Hi "Llamalover47,"

No need to worry, we're doing fine. I haven't been posting comments other than when I saw "JoAnn29's," prayer request for her grandson and posted a couple days ago on the "On My Mind" thread about a YouTube video called "WHEN LIFE BREAKS YOU..." I had shut my Profile page down so that's why I couldn't receive messages. I've periodically looked at questions and just happened to see a message from a couple of people on a thread so I told them I would reset my messages for a day or two so we could exchange messages. I've been catching up on a lot of you tube videos that I enjoy!

I hope all is well for you, your husband, Marty and Cathy! :)
(2)

NobodyGetsIt: Just checking on you and your mother, but I am unable to message you. Praying.
(2)

CM,
Pride and Prejudice was required reading in high school.

The movies call it "artistic license" when rewriting history for Downton Abbey.

Imagine that, your son's jacket fit the times. Lol.
(2)

NobodyGetsIt: It's all good. You are young enough to travel, but I understand completely.💞
(1)

Countrymouse: Pride & Prejudice is stellar.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter