And I'll be there, yes I will
You've got a friend
You've got a friend, yeah
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend
Oh, ye yeah, you've got a friend
(3)

cwille,

Beautiful poem. I especially like Robert Frost. It made me think of his poem, A Prayer in Spring.

His poems about nature are lovely. His spirit of love speaks to me. I have read his poems since my childhood days.
(1)

in Just-
spring when the world is mud-
luscious the little
lame balloonman

whistles far and wee

and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the queer
old balloonman whistles
far and wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's
spring
and

the

goat-footed

balloonMan whistles
far
and
wee

[in Just-] By E. E. Cummings
(2)

Song:
God only knows what you've been through
God only knows what they say about you
God only knows how it's killing you
But there's a kind of love that God only knows
God only knows what you've been through
God only knows what they say about you
God only knows the real you
There's a kind of love that God only knows
(2)

Saw them pour the chocolate, on the popcorn! Yum!!!
(1)

Chocolate popcorn is a chocolate glaze like caramel corn. Not milk chocolate or dark chocolate. A hard candy type coating.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/09/how-to-make-chocolate-popcorn.html
(2)

Need, I don't know what glad considers chocolate popcorn but I melt chocolate and drizzle it over the popcorn that is popped in oil and salt.

Our personal favorite is dark chocolate and white chocolate, some of each, yummm!
(1)

NHWM,
I have my own rules concerning popcorn.
It should be pure, not over-cooked, just the right amount of butter poured over it--or sometimes no butter (I am trying).

I can identify with being a purist. Just eating some popcorn at night watching
T.V. (on ROKU) can prevent us crying ourselves to sleep, if we can have seconds. I really consider popcorn a diet food, and a comfort food.

All other times, I avoid the smelly popcorns (avoiding corn), kettle corn not my fav.

Hope you are okay, not crying tonight. Isn't there a big game on this weekend?
I only noticed the market flyers savings for "Big Game" discounts. Who's playing?
(0)

Glad,

What do you mean by chocolate popcorn? What am I missing out on? I have never had that. Sounds interesting. Guess I have been too much of a purist concerning popcorn.
(1)

Send, I have to say the Steve Harvey would have tons of material for jokes if my family was on Feud! Lord, we would be very comical! Gotta laugh sometimes or else I would cry myself to sleep every night!
(2)

Gladimhere,
You are correct to laugh about my comment concerning 'hostessing responsibility'.

I no longer feel responsible at all for any threads I had started. Maybe people can stop addressing comments to me in this regard.

In light of NHWM's comment on 'Jokes needed to lighten our day', she is absolutely right, this is not Family Feud, and I am not the boss. Did not think I was.

Quoting NHWM/Jokes needed....."not a joke per say":
What would your family act like on Family Feud? I know somebody’s momma would try to be the host of the show, right? They all think they are still the boss! 😂
(1)

Caramel popcorn, blech. Now chocolate popcorn. Mmmmm.

I would make other comments, but it is dying, thank goodness, so I will leave it alone.

Hostessing responsibility?! 😆
(1)

isthisrealyreal: I didn't actually eat any of the Kettle Caramel popcorn. I sent it to my friend whose 4 year old disabled daughter had just died on January 13. She went to be with Jesus. Still quite sad.
(1)

Thanx Need, I just modify recipes to our taste or I try things, not always successful 🤒. More than a few nights ordering take out or having soup.

Good thing that my husband is game.
(0)

ITRR,

Anything you cook sounds yummy! You should write a cookbook.
(0)

Send, organic non gmo popcorn is what I use.

This brown sugar, salt and oil would not make caramel, it is a cheaters caramel corn.

Look up using condensed milk to make caramel, that would be an easy ice cream topper. Super simple, like double boiler to brown the milk. My friend just does it in the can for apple dip.

So you had a different name and account at some point in time and that is why you have a thread with a different name. Okay, got it. No I am not interested in more than one account. I say what I mean and I mean what I say, I don't hide behind aliases. I am also not into creating any confusion by answering from multiple accounts, as has happened here before. Too deceptive in my opinion and I don't roll that way. I see people answering as someone else and I don't have the patience to entertain those types of games. Not saying that is the case with you, yours is obviously complicated. I was thinking that there was something I wasn't understanding on the site.
(2)

cwille,

I think my daughter makes caramel from condensed milk. It’s supposed to be easy and yummy.
(0)

If you have multiple computers, they don’t all have different IP addresses if connected to the same router. They will have the same external IP address. That external IP address is what forums like this track & use to link accounts.
(0)

CWillie,
Thinking how making my own caramel would happen in my home...
It will burn, there will be a smell, and a very difficult pan to clean up!

Do you have an ice cream place nearby? I am so done with donuts for now!
(1)

GA and ReallyReal,
OR, maybe those 'actor wannabees' had 'multiple personality disorders'.

ReallyReal, I can understand intellectual curiosity as a pursuit, but are you looking for 'how' to do this yourself? Because I am the last person you should be asking. Not going to be my favorite topic, mostly because in general, people do not like to admit ignorance, I would have to ask my dH. If one moves on from one screen name, the honest thing would be to never use it again, imo.
The Admins helped me with this a long time ago.

I like your idea of avoiding corn syrup. And making some caramel, not for my popcorn (it is corn), but to drizzle over ice cream. Yum? OR, we could all meet at a Coldstone Creamery for our ice cream and caramel.
(1)

I would have thought the sugar would burn before the corn is popped, I'll have to give that a try. Not that I should be adding sugar to my popcorn.
(1)

IsThisRealyReal, people can create multiple identities; they're called "sock puppets."    All they need to do is use different personal data, some of which is fictional.    If they have multiple computers as some people do, their IP addresses are also different, so that's not a way of identifying or linking them.

On one legal forum I really enjoyed, way back in the mid 1990s, the attorneys were clever and not only "socked" regularly but created multiple conflicting identities, exploring their talents for pretending to be entirely different people, including those of the opposite gender.

I think maybe they were actor wannabees.   Or just bored with their legal work.
(0)

I know that people change their screen name all the time, my question was how can you have a thread under a different name? Is that because it was a different account?

Don't really care why, just curious how.
(0)

Good Morning everyone!
GA, I will write to you. Thanks for your support.

Reallyreal, One can never have too much popcorn or pretty avatars. But only one account per person on AC is allowed. One can change their screen name, but not to deceive others. imo.

The community moderators know everything. They are great!
(1)

Oh popcorn malfunction I use a 1/2 cup of popcorn. Not 1/4.
Sorry!
(1)

Send, your messaging function has been disabled; I can't respond to your latest message.
(1)

staceyb

My favorite things are my Sisters, all three of them, and thank God I have them, we are so close we don't need words, they can read my face whan things get rough, and they are so protective of me, they will swoop me away, and after 32 years, my husband understands the and appreciats them for this! My four kids, so different, all of them, 3 boys and a girl. All grown up and self sufficient! My 2 gorgeous Grandson's, so funny, the little imps. My Ny wonderful husband, who would have ever thought that 31 years ago when we were two crazy kids, divorced, each with 2 kid's of our own, so the card's were even then stacked against us, that we would enter this phase of our lives, and be stronger for all the "drama" that so often tears people apart, he is my sometimes grumpy Rock! And mt little Charlie-girl (thats her intmy Avatar) who brings to me such unconditional love and joy 24/7. I had the best parents, and the memories to last a lifetime, and with my Favorite things, we will get through this too! It certainly helps to reinforce that not all is rough right now with Senior Caring. Great thread! Love to you all, and Jude, you made my day! I love to learn a little more of each one of you in a different joyful way!

(6)

PhoenixDaughter

My favourite things:
The smell of grass after it rains
The way raindrops sit on leaves
Snow when it is pristine and white
The sun setting over the sea
Corn fields waving in the breeze
New borns - every single one of them human or animal

Things that scare me
The look of sadness I see in my Mum's eyes sometimes
Her frailness
Her utter dependence on me
Despite all the angst the trust she places in me not to harm her in any way
The potential to hurt her when I have to help her move

(5)

GardenArtist

Freshly fallen snow that covers everything in a pristine blanket of white.
Crystals in snow which appear to be rhinestones or diamonds.

The myriad colors of leaves in the fall.

The soft patter of rain as it touches the house.

(6)

PhoenixDaughter

The wet cobbles shiny from gentle rain
Horses groomed and ready for a show
Kicking up the leaves in the autumn (fall)
Making sand castles on the beach
Standing on the shore feeling the sea wash the sand from underneath your feet
Hearing little children giggle
Laying by the ocean listen to the waves crashing on the rock or lapping on the shore
The mewl of a kitten calling for its mama
Young lambs friskily jumping in the fields
Waterfalls
Rainbows

Have you noticed that what we love is nature?

(5)
(3)

Thanks Send and I remember~
Feeding the birds is still one of my favorite things~
(2)

luckylu

My favorite time of the day is when I feed the birds and then watch them come in with my Mother peering out our kitchen window.And I love to play mini concerts on my marimba for my Mother.She always has me play "Love Makes The World Go Round.Alot of times I think of Caberet and Zippity Do Daa..

(7)
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter