Follow
Read More
Took my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry
them good ol boys were drinking whiskey and rye
(8)

Yes, Don Mclean.The day the music died.....refers to Buddy Holly's death.
(7)

He is the same guy who sang Bye Bye Miss American Pie, right Send.
(2)

Starry, starry night 
Paint your palette blue and gray 
Look out on a summer's day 
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul 
Shadows on the hills 
Sketch the trees and the daffodils 
Catch the breeze and the winter chills 
In colors on the snowy linen land
Now I understand what you tried to say to me 
And how you suffered for your sanity 
How you tried to set them free 
They would not listen, they did not know how 
Perhaps they'll listen now
Starry, starry night 
Flaming flowers that brightly blaze 
Swirling clouds in violet haze 
Reflect in Vincent's eyes of china blue 
Colors changing hue 
Morning fields of amber grain 
Weathered faces lined in pain 
Are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand
Now I understand what you tried to say to me 
And how you tried to set them free 
They would not listen, they did not know how 
Perhaps they'll listen now
For they could not love you 
But still your love was true 
And when no hope was left inside 
On that starry, starry night 
You took your life as lovers often do 
But I could have told you, Vincent 
This world was never meant 
For one as beautiful as you
Starry, starry night 
Portraits hung in empty halls 
Frameless heads on nameless walls 
With eyes that watch the world and can't forget 
Like the strangers that you've met 
The ragged men in ragged clothes 
A silver thorn, a bloody rose 
Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow
Now I think I know what you tried to say to me 
And how you tried to set them free 
They would not listen, they're not listening still 
Perhaps they never will
Songwriters: Don McLean
(5)

Being of lucid mind at 72.
(8)

12LittlePaws....You sure don't bore me.I Love your favorite things,especially the "no interruptions!"
(3)

Some of my favorite things, some are just by memory because life just doesn't allow enjoyment of them much anymore - A beautiful sunset, my Mom's laughter and the twinkle in her eye when she teases me (still see this occasionally), my pups (shih tzu and two yorkies), doing nothing at all, watching a movie from start to finish with no interruptions, a good glass of wine, lunch or dinner out with friends, going out to a movie, puppy breath (yes, I said puppy breath), a clean house, quiet time doing yard work, shopping (or doing anything) with friends, travel, lemon anything, swimming, hot coffee, planning my own day and sleeping all night with no interruptions - oh I could go on all day, but I won't bore you! :)
(7)

Where does one get a strawberry rhubarb sauce? Do you make it CWillie, and just have that stuff (rhubarb) lying around?

Today
Today is the day the Lord has made! We can be glad and rejoice in it!
(1)

I'm having a craving for crepes (or more accurately cheese blintz) for breakfast. Smothered with a strawberry rhubarb sauce. But they'd take too long to make and I'm hungry Right Now! I guess I'll have to make do with some cottage cheese and the last hot cross bun (sigh).
(1)

I enjoy a good thunderstorm and watching re-runs of Mad About You as well as scary & hunting movies any creepy movie will due as long as it isn't stupit.
(2)

I enjoy sci fi - all the Star trek I've seen before, but now I see them on Netflixs , they are familiar, but I can't remember how it ends, or even where each scene ends up.  One advantage of being 72! But I will try Madame Potus and Imposter. Have you seen Travelers?
(2)

Send: The dynamic of that tv show is going to change next season - Madam POTUS!
(1)

Toblerone, toblerone and more toblerone. Once you've eaten 3/4 you may as well eat the rest, right?
(I feel a little sick, but it went down soooo good)
(7)

I haven't heard of Imposters.? Friends never kept my interest either. I like scary hauntings and drama movies, lol. What do you all like to watch?
(1)

There's this fun Netflix series called Imposters that I just found a couple days ago. I can't stop watching to see what happens next! I love it when a show draws me in like that. I've often tried to watch a friend's Netflix recommendation that's supposed to be a good show, and then I find that I'm not that interested in continuing watching. This was different for me, as it was so much fun to watch from the first episode.
(3)

Yeah, Cwillie! I forget who it was who dislikes private messages, maybe it was you?
It was a happy day!

Googling all those song and movie references. I have already watched Madame Secretary all episodes that were available to me. Yesterday, , there was an island
that disappeared into the ocean......
(1)

Don't know if everyone gets the channel FX but they have a short series on Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon running
Michelle Williams plays Verdon and she's really quite good
(4)

Happy Easter Send - oh, and all the rest of you too!
(6)

Empty tomb.
(5)

I do that, too, CW. I regularly go on listening trails on YouTube. They have good algorithms to bring up other music related to what you're listening to. My listening trails usually include Queen, and 90s "butt rock" that I can sing at the top of my lungs. :-) I love Chicago for many reasons, but one of the reasons is because I can get out and go dancing any night of the week! But mostly I just go home and go to sleep. Tonight, hopefully I will go to a favorite dive bar to hear some DJs. It's a showcase for the launch of Chicago Techno Radio. I don't lack for nightlife choices, that's for sure! :-)
(3)

I've spent the last couple of hours on YouTube listening to CCR, Bob Segar, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Rolling Stones, Ike and Tina, Janis Joplin... basically following wherever the links took me. Oh man, there's no place to go and party and dance any more, I miss those days.
(5)

The mud was dried up enough that I was able to walk a little on the river trail today. Running water, bird songs, gentle temperatures (13°C), the first tiny signs of growing things... balm for the soul.
(9)

I haven't changed. I'm the same as I was before-only in a different way. Judy Holliday
(2)

Relaxing with a glass of wine and salty snack.
(3)

That is great news Polarbear. Dogs are so wonderful at helping us when we need it:)

I have cats. I always heard, dogs have families. Cats have sevants. My cats think they own the house...I just let them believe it. LOL!

And I have four of them!
(4)

Mally, that would cause exhaustion. 6, wow, it must be a circus when they all get to feeling their tuna.😺
(1)

No wonder I'm tired; I have 6 cats!
(6)

I have always believed:
Dogs have masters
Cats have servants
(7)

Cats own us, we're supposed to pretend we don't notice.
(7)

Puppies and dogs rule!

Cat are better than everything!

My bird is a fine companion!
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter