Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
A good read
(1)

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

Ernest Hemingway
(7)

Glad: Scallions are not a part of my hot crab dip.
(1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ThP8qEio4

Love this song.
(0)

I Love Lucy Christmas Special followed by an hour of Dick Van Dyke! And I love crab dip too! Don't forget some scallions.
(1)

Pam: That is correct! You may as well not make the hot crab dip if you're not using Maryland jumbo lump crab meat. Old Bay---they put that stuff on EVERYTHING! Cardboard---that's funny.
(1)

LLama you are so right about Md crab meat. We Marylanders KNOW that any other crab meat is inferior! And god bless Old Bay!! Your recipe sounds like mine, but I often bake it, with some mild cheese on top. Not too many extras,,we love to taste the crab. I swear I could eat it on cardboard and I'd still love it!!
(4)

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas....

The nerve of those Whos!
Inviting me down there, on such short notice!
Even if I wanted to go my SCHEDULE Wouldn't allow it!
One o'clock, Wallow in self pity
Four thirty, Stare into the abyss
Five o'clock, Solve world hunger; Tell no one
Five thirty, Jazz-ercise
Six thirty, dinner with me. I can't cancel that again!
Seven o'clock, wrestle with my self-loathing...
I'm booked!
Well if I bump the loathing up to nine I could still be done in time to lay in bed and stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness...
But what would I wear!!

Schedule look a little familiar to caregivers everywhere?
(6)

I heard the bells on Christmas day
Their old familiar carols play, 
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men. 

I thought how, as the day had come, 
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along th'unbroken song

And in despair I bowed my head: 
'There is no peace on earth, ' I said 
'For hate is strong, and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.' 

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep: 
'God is not dead, nor doth He sleep; 
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail, 
With peace on earth, good will to men.'

Till, ringing, singing on its way, 
The world revolved from night to day
A voice, a chime, a chant sublime, 

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4)

Time off! From home. Hate to say it, home is the most stressful part of my day!
(2)

I❤ Trader Joe's! Free coffee & fresh flowers!
(2)

Frazzled: It is! And if you live in Maryland, it's best to get MARYLAND crab meat. A double batch fits well to the top of a small crock pot.
(2)

LL, I will have to try making the crab dip. It sounds delicious!
(2)

Saltines dipped in chocolate half way.
Hot crab dip - one lb. Jumbo lump crabmeat, little milk, 2 blocks 8 oz. cream cheese, a little Old Bay spice in small crock pot - can be doubled - delicious!
(3)

Mmmmm....Trader's holiday goodies. And I love Ferraro Rochers too much to ever be offended by their marketing!!
(3)

"Mr Ambassador you are spoiling us..."

Ferrero Rocher make me sad. Through work, I got to know the company a bit. The quality control is outstandingly good and the products' ingredients are first rate.

What's sad is that their marketing and merchandising have been so crashingly terrible that their products have become exactly what you do not give to your friends unless either you are being wittily ironic or you do in fact intend to offend them.
(2)

Another thing that sounds good right now is some Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Yum!
(2)

I LOVE the cookies! Give me some good Danish cookies and I'm a happy camper. :)
(1)

Everything is good from my favorite T.Joes.

Even better was STROOPWAFEL
A thin Dutch Caramel Waffle Cookie.

I collect the tins of various cookies. Not a collector type person, but I love the Swedish, Dutch, Norwegian patterns.

Cookies are ALL GONE.
(5)

Peppermint bark covered popcorn, that is interesting. I wonder if it's good. Did you get some?
(2)

Smeshque,
There was something new @ traderjoes this year:
Popcorn covered in peppermint bark.
(1)

TOP HAT,
dancing with
Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers
A classic.
(1)

"Night at the Roxbury" movie and those 2 actors dancing to that song. LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!
(0)

One of my favorite Christmas carols is: O HOLY NIGHT.
So many artists sing it, and one I like is Phil Wickham.
Lyrics, "f a l l. o n. y o u r. k n e e s. ...."
(3)

Making homemade caramel corn. On a cold evening. And sitting at the dining table having some with my Mom, listening to her stories. While DH munches on some walnut pie.
(6)

Night time.
(3)

"The Zookeeper's Wife" is a wonderful true WWII book, which was also made into a film adaptation. I am reading the book,
(3)

Movie: Elf

"You smell like beef and cheese" "You don't smell like Santa".

Movie line by Will Farrell.
(1)

"You don't smell like Santa, you smell like beef and cheese". Lol Guess what movie?☺
(0)

Currently, for this time of year, Platatonix. For the past 2 days, I've been binge watching YouTube videos of vocal and/or singing instructors, etc... initial discovery of Platatonix and their 'Reaction' to them. I try to stick to watching the professionals in the music industry for their 'critique'.

The MaProductions is my favorite so far. They're now a Platonix fan since last year. I laugh and cry over their reactions to each song. I google their name, hit the filter to chronological the upload dates and then watch from the beginning to the current. Fascinating and a very learning experience.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter