Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Send has some delicious looking avatars so I wanted one too. Anyone want one of my cupcakes?
Maybe they'd be perfect for the women at the NH?
(2)

Luckylu,
This will be the kittens first Christmas!
(3)

Song by Zach Williams
Chain Breaker. (edited)
If you’ve been walking the same old road for miles and miles
If you’ve been hearing the same old voice tell the same old lies
If you’re trying to heal the same old holes inside
There’s a better life
There’s a better life
If you’ve got pain
He’s a pain taker
If you feel lost
He’s a way maker
If you need freedom or saving
He’s a prison-shaking Savior
If you’ve got chains
He’s a chain breaker
We’ve all search for the light of day in the dead of night
We’ve all found ourselves worn out from the same old fight
We’ve all run to things we know just ain’t right
And there’s a better life
There’s a better life
If you’ve got pain
He’s a pain taker
If you feel lost
He’s a way maker
If you need freedom or saving
He’s a prison-shaking Savior
If you’ve got chains
He’s a chain breaker
(Chorus edtited)
If you’ve got pain
He’s a pain taker
If you feel lost
He’s a way maker.....
(2)

Holidays were always so big at our house,but then Mother got sick and died and now,nothing is the same andI haven't felt like decorating at all,but because you have reminded me that the little traditions mean a lot,I will do better this holiday season for the others,Thank you Linda~
(3)

Lu, there's always been 10-14 of us as long as my kids can remember, until this year (down to 7). Happy chaos in the kitchen. It seems the more challenging life is for the family, the more important it seems to keep some of the little traditions - a bit of normal. Like my grandma's funny little Pilgrim candles. Or the green salad we have every holiday.
(1)

That's a great idea Linda!Pretty,Cozy and Nice....I Love that!
(1)

Thx for the reminder about decoration - our clan is smaller this year (one of our kids and her family moved) and I'm sure we'll all feel their absence. So I want to make things look pretty and do a little more fuss to make it feel cozy and nice, instead of like there's a big hole where the kids and MIL used to be.
(1)

I didn't put up one decoration for Halloween Send,but I'm thinking about putting up a Christmas tree for the cats and Precious.
(1)

When is everybody taking their decorations down?
(1)

The Halloween and Fall avatars on AC are so pretty and creative. I really Love your cat cwillie!Thank you to everyone for sharing them.Happy Halloween!
(2)

Dear Lord, Thank you for standing by me so far today. With your help, I haven't been grumpy, judgemental, or even lost my temper.
But, I will be getting out of bed soon, and I'll really be needing your help even more.
Thank you Lord.
(6)

Cwillie,
The pain is from over-exerting in the garden yesterday. My own behaving badly!
Sometimes, it is just downright dangerous for me to feel better. The sun was out, a beautiful day!
The chiro is helping, as well as the myofascial release (massage) from the PT. Also, getting ultrasound and electrical stimulation. I am now walking in the markets sometimes, and standing long enough to finish the dishes without help. My chiropractor is proud of me, he says. And, I can make the bed!

You are so kind to take an interest in my minor travails and limitations.
I appreciate all my friends on here!

(4)

The treatment shouldn't be causing you pain, certainly not white knuckle pain, what does the chiropractor say? Are you still seeing some benefit from it? Perhaps you should explore some deep muscle massage or acupuncture for a change.

2/$5 is unbelievable for Haagen Dazs, even considering the exchange rate, this is the lowest I've seen advertised in years.
(1)

That is great, Cwillie!
Holding out for the 2 for $5.00 sale.
Budget price is max. $2.99 each in my house.
Sometimes, I pay more, but even for HDz,  I have principles!
It is really good ice cream, imo.

It is Friday the 13th, who's got some really good mild coffee?  And, why am I awake again at 4 a.m.
Where did I put my broom?
Oh, I remember.....left it in the garden....when I could still walk okay yesterday.
When deciding to keep the chiropractor appointment, is there a point at which one doesn't go because of pain? 
My knuckles are kinda white.
(2)

Haagen Dazs is on sale for only $3.99!
(2)

"You raise me up" song lyrics

When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so weary
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me
(2)

When I was a kid and was being punished for my behavior,my parents sent me to my room,but it never bothered me because I had a trunk filled with my favorite books.One of my favorite books was called "Amanda Remembers" and it was about a girl,who's Mother had thrown away her favorite toys.A doll and a bear and she remembers all these fun times she had with them and at the end,her Dad finds them in a dumpster and returns them to her.I Loved that book so much and reading kept me quiet and out of more trouble.
(4)

Hope you had a really nice Thanksgiving cdnreader...
(1)

CDN,

Happy Thanksgiving!
(1)

Its Thanksgiving long weekend here in Canada! I love the fall colors and getting a chance to have a turkey dinner tonight with family.
(1)

Watching my one year old niece say hi and bye! And her laugh! She laughs like Ernie from the Sesame Street.
(1)

Shout to t h e Lord
Darlene Zchech
My Jesus, my Savior
Lord, there is none like You
All of my days, I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love
My comfort, my shelter
Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You
Shout to the Lord, all the earth, let us sing
Power and majesty, praise to the King
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name
I sing for joy at the work of Your hands
Forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You
My Jesus, my Savior
Lord, there is none like You
All of my days, I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love
My comfort, my shelter
Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You
Nothing compares to the promise I have
(2)

Just got back from a week with famiy and mom and Aunt yesterday. Today I was loving getting out to run errands by myself for 3 hours! Yippee!!
(5)

Loving my coffee this morning. ☕️
(4)

A new T.V. show has the characteristics and behaviors of an adult person with autism down pretty closely.
"The Good Doctor" started Monday. A young doctor with autism and savant syndrome.
Created by the producers of House, M.D.

Somehow, I feel validated...
He leaves an emergency TO GO FIND THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB.
CANNOT FOLLOW THE RULES and does not forsee trouble coming when asking security for a knife, then taking the knife........FORCEFULLY PUSHING THROUGH.....IN AN AIRPORT.

He is ALWAYS GOING TO BE LATE for something...his job interview at the hospital.

But then, HOW CAN YOU STAY ANGRY at him for stopping to save a life?

In the interview, takes a "very loooong time to formulate his answer."

It may become a favorite.
(3)

Feeling of crisp fall air. Sometime after a hot summer, it's nice to feel that coolness.
(1)

Love Trader Joe's, too. Love fall food (homemade, legit) but not so keen on the season itself. The mercurial weather works my last nerve; and each day is one step closer to winter. BLECH.

Also aggravated beyond belief at scarecrow-and-pumpkin-spice everything dominating the stores in mid-to-late August. Big retail and consumer craziness is polluting things that many of us (try to) enjoy on a reasonable timetable.

But back to favorite things! My gal pals are the best. So many different personalities and conversation styles. I treasure them all. They seem pretty keen on me, too! Such a blessing. 
(3)

The sun has gone to bed and so must I
(3)

A favorite thing of mine is a cool rain, listening to the wind in the trees. Watching the lightening off in the distance just makes me want to wrap up in a soft warm blanket and read.
(4)

One of my favorite things is going for a walk with my dog and finding things like flowers,different grasses,tiny green peppers,pretty leaves,things that grow on trees,twigs and such and then we bring our collection inside and give it to the kittens and they just Love it,every little thing is neat to them.
(6)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter