Follow
Read More
Imagine if you will, the joy of trying to share the event with dH, and the first words out of his mouth were, "Are you sure it's today?".
That is why I wanted to share with my friends on here.
Don't think I have ever had a creme brulee, but watched that being made on a cooking show.
(0)

Now were talkin! I'd Love to join cdnreader and Send and have Crème Brulee and watch the eclipse too.
I Love crème brulee and bread pudding,but that is a very rare treat here.The only kind I can find is Dr.Oetker,a product from Canada to make at home and I never see it offered anywhere on the menu.
(0)

Haven't heard about an eclipse. Enjoying the sunshine while a couple of neighbor teens mowed our front lawn. They did a great job, edging around the walkways, sweeping and using a leaf blower. Tiger rolled around on the backyard patio sunning himself and Midget rolled around in a blanket looking quite snug and comfy. I am enjoying getting some basmati rice/veggies cooking to go along with a couple of broiled Salmon fillets. A wonderful pre-spring day!!!
(2)

Thanks SendHelp, I will look for it on the Internet. You are absolutely right its an amazing site. I will enjoy some Crème Brule while I look for it.
(2)

Today is Sunday, the day that there was an almost total eclipse of the sun!
Viewed mostly in the Southern Hemisphere, the moon blocked the sun's light coming to earth, creating "the ring of fire" appearance.

I challenge anyone here to FIND that event on the news! I viewed it only once, then all sources were crashed, blacked out, or showing 'other' news.

But I enjoyed the event from the internet. It could not be seen from California, I understand. Am I all alone here, I think?
(1)

Anyone up at this hour that cannot sleep could get up and not just lie there suffering. Get a drink of water, wash your face, change into some more comfortable clothing, straighten up your bed again, adjust the temperature to cooler at night, take a small dose of tylenol to decrease those pesky pains keeping one awake, brush your hair again...
That is what I will do at 2:00 a.m. on a Saturday night, (The morning being a Sunday in just a few more hours.)
(1)

For reasons I won't go into, the radio is playing the sound of a New Forest pony tucking into some hay. The dog is absolutely fascinated - sitting up in his basket with both ears pricked. What the heck?!
(1)

Watching a six month old baby roll around like a giant panda bear. She is too cute. Loves grabbing her feet and putting anything and everything into her mouth. And all her owl like looks.
(2)

Sleeping in late on the weekend
(2)

A day that has ended....
(2)

Newborn kittens for Luckylu!
(4)

My family just started to share photos I have never seen, it made me cry happy tears.
(5)

One of my favorite things to do is to go up in the attic and explore.It's another land up there filled with so many good old memories.
(2)

One of my favorite things, which occurs monthly, is leaving the office at the end of day and ... gasp! Seeing the almost full moon up in the clear daylight sky. It is just so beautiful. It never ever fails. I stop walking and stare at the moon. I can only see the moon so clearly from my work. At home, the cliffline blocks it. One more night to see the full moon!
(4)

So many of my favourite things involve eating and drinking, like all of that delicious sounding chocolate you all keep mentioning. I wish I could shake my brain like an etch-a-sketch and erase the guilt and regain the ability to indulge in such simple pleasures without worrying about the long term health effects. One is never enough.
(2)

I'll trade ya all my dark chocolate for all your milk chocolate MsMadge.I don't care for dark but I like white chocolate.My Mom used to make chocolates and there was always a crockpot full going in the kitchen and we dipped anything and everything into it....
(2)

I'm eating the last piece of limited edition dark cherry truffle - oh my it's good
(1)

We don't have a Fannie Mae store here,but we've received it for Christmas and it was Delicious!
(1)

My grandmother always liked Fannie May chocolates. Well, either that or those were the stores that were closest. There used to be one just at the corner, not even a block from where I live now, her home for the last 40 years of her life... but it's a pizza place now (which is arguably as good as or better than a candy store since I love their Mediterranean pizza SO STINKIN' MUCH!). When I was driving the other day, I noticed a stand-alone Fannie Mae store somewhere else around here. I didn't know if they were still in business or not. I don't know if I've ever been in a See's. If I see one, I'll make a point to go in and taste the "famous chocolates." :-)
(2)

Me too MsMadge! And what other place just gives you a piece of chocolate for coming in their store?!!
(2)

Send
I would certainly cry if there wasn't anymore Sees's
(2)

Thanks Jing.
Maybe if I don't spell it right, there won't be anymore cry sees. Lol.
(2)

Sharyn,
Did you get the stuffed elephant for yourself?
(2)

My favorite things and goofy things...sunshine after walking in the rain, buying things for my grandsons. I have toy cars and a stuffed elephant and a stuffed lion. So much fun getting them things.
(3)

Sound of Music? And it's crises, Send; looks very peculiar to me too tho', and anyway, I completely understand. *Still* a sore back.
(3)

CM,
You are okay! It is not a failure if you or anyone cannot keep up. Lately, it has been harder with the new website changes. With less and less time in between family crises (did I spell that right? plural of crisis = crisises?) , just checking in, saying hello, has been a challenge for me.
There is a sense of comfort when I see you all posting still, and then I don't feel, so bad.
"I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel, so bad."
Movie reference?
(3)

Churchmouse,
It's whatever you want it to say.....just having fun here.
I was wrong,
All along,
Phoenix is always right,
If she didn't show up,
This forum would be
Such a fright!

It takes a caregiving village!
(1)

Oh, sorry. Failure to keep up!
(2)

...jumps over the lazy dog, isn't it, Send?
(2)

Phooey, Phoenix!
You know darn well that the edit feature does not work after a certain time has passed.
"The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs."
How is that?
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter