Follow
Read More
Ali: Then I am wrong, you clever person you ... and I am being semi-productive.
(2)

Favorite things: semi-productive days. I say "semi" because those are the ones that don't wear me out for the next day! I accomplished a few things off my To Do list that are important, and I didn't take on too much. Winning. :-) ((((hugs)))) and semi-productive days to all of you.
(3)

Oh, interesting. There's no "s" character in the first version. ...
(1)

Send/Phoenix: I think both are correct.
(1)

The Tudor Monastery Farm ... I'm watching it on Youtube right now ... and my fave thing about is Peter Ginn's calves; not the animals -- the legs. His twitter handle is @whatahunkygeezer. He certainly is that.
(0)

Not being picky it is just that it wouldn't have an s it should read.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
(3)

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

This english pangram has long been known and popular because it contains all the letters of the alphabet,,great for testing your fonts, letters, typing, etc.
(3)

One of my favorite things to do now is to cook in Mother's kitchen where she made so many foods we all loved.It makes me feel closer to her somehow.The tastes and smells bring back memories,times I loved and miss.She loved making desserts and chocolate most of all,so that's what I enjoy making too.Especially hot fudge sauce over vanilla ice cream...yummy!
(6)

"God Bless The USA"

If tomorrow all the things were gone I'd worked for all my life
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife
I'd thank my lucky stars to be livin' here today
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God bless the USA

From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee
Across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea
From Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA
Well, there's pride in every American heart
And it's time we stand and say that

[2x]
I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God bless the USA
(2)

Changing the song, about Jack and Diane,

Oh yeah life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone
Oh yeah say life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone, they walk on....

Oh yeah, life goes on
Long after the thrill of caregivin' is gone.

So let it rock
Let it roll!
Life goes on........
(4)

My favorite thing this whole year might be the expression on this cat's face.
(3)

Sweet treat, no guilt:
Small handful of blueberries, some slices of bananna, with less than one-half cup of Vanilla Greek Yougurt (very thick brand). Stirring not necessary.
Enjoy.
(2)

Coffee and a sweet treat in the afternoon.
I'm trying to cut back on the treat part, but only coffee in the afternoon is just not as satisfying. I wish I was blissfully ignorant and could just enjoy life's simple pleasures without the guilt that is attached.
(0)

A favorite movie and a favorite movie quote:
"All this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings.”
– Kathleen Kelly
(0)

Thank you for the links, Garden Artist. Will be checking that out, saving them now.
(0)

Love chocolate GardenArtist! I have limited eating chocolate because you wrote about the effects on. g.e.r.d.- so I do limit consumption after dark.

But today, I am going to the market to find chocolate fractals. Once there, I will enjoy my visit and observe how the elderly get their shopping done, as I always do.

Has anyone been to starbucks this season and ordered the tuxedo cocoa? The white chocolate cocoa is really a treat!

There is no snow where I am living, but that is okay, I am sometimes a real flake.
(2)

Send, how kind of you to suggest I write a book! Yes, over the years I've considered trying my hand at writing, something that would integrate the garden experience with the spirituality of life and the universe.

And as to the sweet old couple, they definitely were not a mirage. But I've found all grocery stores do have mirages - they're chocolate mirages when the chocolate bars and goodies suddenly appear to be reaching out from the shelves begging and pleading me to buy them, with the promise of extraordinary delights and of course no weight gain or fatty pads anywhere as a result of indulging.

You raise an interesting question about snowflakes. I think you might enjoy seeing some fractals, which don't necessarily have mirages but are beautiful mathematical configurations of natural phenomena. I'll PM you some links.
(1)

In the desert, there is a mirage in the distance, looking like a body of water.

Do they have mirages in snow flurries too? Inside a krogers? Guess not, then it must have been real. But they disappeared?
(1)

GardenArtist,
Something that lovely must have been real if others noticed it too.

So that is something good to say about the human condition, right now, right here, right today.

Hoping for more favorite and pleasant observations to come!

You express them wonderfully. Is there a book in the works?
(0)

Last night while leaving Kroger's after checking out, I noticed an elderly couple, perhaps in their late 80's. The woman had severe osteoporosis, and was bent over at perhaps a 45 degree angle. Carrying a cane in her left hand, her right hand was holding onto the arm of the man with her.

After they checked out and navigated their way along the crowded aisle, people who saw them stepped back to allow them room to pass with their shopping basket filled to the brim.

I noticed a woman on the side smiling, with that kind of light in her eyes which expresses a combination of compassion and admiration. We exchanged a few words, both agreeing that it was so sweet to see this elderly couple, still strong and apparently at least to the extent of grocery shopping, self reliant.

Others who saw them also moved aside to allow them to pass. It was really a tribute to their strength and determination that they were out doing their own shopping, on a chilly winter night. And it was but a small gesture, but important, that others saw this couple and moved aside to allow them space to pass to exit safely.

I decided to follow them and ask if they would like help in transferring the bags to their car, so I hurried to my car, quickly unloaded my basket, then turned to follow them but they had already disappeared completely.

I thoughtf for awhile about that sweetness of their journey out in winter, and their courage in braving the elements to get their own food.
(9)

Normally we would do a mini buffet of snacks for New Years Eve, but with me still kind of laid up, I think we're going to cheat and get some chinese food. I can drive down and have daughter run in and pick it up.
(1)

Send,
Sorry there's rain in the forecast again tomorrow

Lu,
Clam chowder crab cakes and champagne - we'll be sitting inside the restaurant 5 floors above the finish line - a casual place and lots of fun
(1)

Tomorrow, tomorrow it better not snow tomorrow. I accidentally threw my shovel away.!!!!! Come on.........everybody!
(3)

The sun will come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck with a day
That's grey,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh

The sun come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may

Tomorrow!
Tomorrow!
I love ya
Tomorrow!

You're always
A day
Away!
(2)

MsMadge....I sure hope it works out for you all that you can get to the races.Do they serve clam chowder at the track?...I wouldn't be surprised,they serve about everything.Iv'e seen mile-high Reuben sandwiches there that look awesome~Will you have a Mimosa too?
(2)

I've got free tickets to the races on Monday and so if we can out maneuver the parade and game traffic, I'm taking mom and her caregiver to the great race place for a New Years celebration and a pretty good bowl of clam chowder
Go baby go
(1)

I Love Helen Hayes.She was a beautiful lady with an awesome soul.One of my favorite poems she wrote was called "The Magnolia Tree"from her book "Gift of Joy".My Mother recited it before a group of ladies about 2 years before she died and I was lucky enough to hear her do it.I will never forget it.
(1)

A local church has a carillon and they have been playing carols at noon. Nice :)
(3)

Mine is Starbucks!!! Whenever I am stressed, feel bad, overwhelmed - whatever it is, my saving grace is Starbucks! That’s the only thing for me.
(2)

"When I'm feeling low, I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad".
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter