Follow
Read More
It's Lawrence Welk night!
(1)

Favorite Movie Line - I want to believe the dead are not lost to us, that they speak to us, that they are part of something greater than us, greater than any alien force. If you and I are powerless now, I want to believe if we listen to them speak, they can give us the power to save ourselves. Mulder - Last Episode X-Files
(1)

My favorite thing is hearing about my friend walking her cat around the block, and choosing that to do for herself.
(1)

Going outside, taking some new pictures of my summer garden, still green mostly, a surprise to me. With just some initial hard work, and regular hand trimming, routine schedule of hand watering, the yard is much less care and looking good this year. Was able to decrease water usage by adding lots of decorative rocks. It is okay.
(3)

Another favorite thing....A box of old pictures....
(3)

A clean bed,a shower,pj's,and a cat or dog to snuggle with.......Sooo good!
(2)

Yes, a fresh, clean bed when you have just had a good shower and put fresh, clean jammies on. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
(4)

Oh yes!!
(1)

One of my favorite things is a fresh,clean bed...
(2)

Hey jingle any money is a win these days,, I agree with Send! And as I get older, a smaller place calls my name,,
(1)

Send: I didn't exactly pay off a mortgage, but I did sell a condo that I couldn't afford anyway. So now I can pay my taxes ($15,000) and my CCs and buy a few things, and still keep my little place near Lake Huron.

And re-retain my lawyer, as my ex is still being beastly and petty and unpleasant. Oh well, one step at a time.

Thank you for saying I'm brave. Sometimes I don't feel it at all.
(3)

Jingle, hear that change jingling in your pocket? These days, in this economy, we never know if we can sell at all, or lose our homes entirely and be in debt.
It was very brave to proceed and not wait for something worse to happen.
So, good for you for paying off a mortgage! That was a job well done!

Will you have a place to live comfortably?
(0)

Yes, I mean $US31 ... (in the absence of an edit button, which I'm sure the AC programmers are working their wee fingers off programming), I mean $31 ONLY...
(1)

My favourite thing? In addition to Coffee Crisp chocolate bars (can't get them in the U.S.) ... I sold my condo two days ago! Sold at a loss, but still profited $CAD35,000 (which is equal to abt $US31), but none the less ... never thought it would sell, as the condo market in Ottawa is really "soft".

So yay! Huzzah!!
(2)

luckylu: I do remember penny candy and Zotz. One of my all-time favorites were Pixie Stix! Talk about pure (flavored) sugar! I also used to love the Bazooka Bubble Gum with the comics inside. I'm not sure if you're aware, but there is a place called Yummie's (you can Google it and order on-line). They have just about every kind of candy you can imagine (even the ones we used to get - it's a trip down memory lane just viewing all the "stuff". Hope you get a chance to look at it. They may even still have "Bottle-Caps".
(2)

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to tell you all that I love the comments about Snow Caps, Bottle Caps, etc. I takes me down "memory lane". Thanks all for sharing!
(2)

I love smarties!!
(1)

cwillie....I could only have candy cigarettes once a year at my cousins house when we went to visit.My Mother wouldn't allow me to have them.Candy is one of my biggest downfalls/pleasures and I know I eat too much.
(1)

When I was real little I used to like Gold-Rush gum because it came in a little bag and I also liked those wax bottles
(2)

A little while ago I tried to get my mother talking by asking her about her favorite candy when she was little. She said they were too poor to buy candy and couldn't remember having any. I, on the other hand, went on a trip down memory lane. Bottle Caps are similar to Sweet tarts I think, I was obsessed with them as a tween. Others I remember are sponge toffee and Macintosh toffee, pixie sticks (remember when the straws were paper?), popeye candy cigarettes (these were popular because we could pretend to smoke them, as I recall they didn't taste like much), black licorice pipes and black licorice nibs, and smarties (these are like m&ms). Oh, and black balls jawbreakers because you could spit them out and see the colours change!
(4)

cwillie.....Have you ever heard of a candy called "BottleCaps"? They are little circles of Pure sugar and I just LOVE them!
(1)

Luckylu, You are very welcome!
(1)

Thank you ,send...
(0)

OK, you had me googling sno-caps, I had never heard of them.
But now I want chocolate, dang it!!!
(1)

Sno-Caps
(1)

P o e m:
Do not stand at my grave and weep. I am not there, I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on the ripened grain. I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awaken in the morning hush, I am the swift, uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry; I am not there, I did not die. -Mary Frye
(5)

My favorite today is visiting the pets, sitting in an A/C house, watching a real t.v. with the current news on a big acreen. Will be taking my Lindt with me-hope I find the pineapple chocolate!
(1)

GA - I was at WalMart the other day, getting groceries, and noticed they had a bunch of stuff on clearance. One of the items was Eight-O-Clock Coffee CHOCOLATES. Not kidding. Little squares of coffee-infused chocolate. I picked up a plain and a hazelnut - they are incredible! Who knew?!
(3)

Favorite thing - discovering new chocolate. Local grocery store periodically has sales on Lindt chocolate bars. A new one is a dark chocolate bar with pineapple. There's just the hint of pineapple, lending a nice, fresh, subtle taste to the dark chocolate.

This one's a keeper. I need to get back to the store and stock up!
(3)

I would love to visit Scotland, as many of my ancestors are from there. But my dream trip is to Venice, and then Egypt. Perhaps a river cruise.

My ex is a complete knobhead. A tallywhacking jerk face knobhead. (I'm plagiarizing from monkeygirl. At least I admit it, not like another woman who spoke for her bloviating bigoted knobhead of a husband.)

The above two paras have nothing to do with each other, except that b/c I got rid of the knobhead, I now can go where I want.

;=}
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter