Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Hubs and I just got back from 3 days at the river house,,, and I love West Virginia! It is such a beautiful and green state.. We also love New Hampshire.. the lakes region. Water everywhere in both states ( we love rivers and lakes). Where does everyone elso love to visit or dream of visiting? We just got back from Scotland,, a dream trip there too as it is water water everywhere!
(4)

This thanks goes out to all the loving, brave souls who continue to strive, after losing a loved one after years of caregiving, and are still a part of the caring going on here.
Love, from Send
(8)

We are all going to need a lot more kitties, lol.
(2)

Hey Send! You asked and I answered. Kitty is guarding the fort. I was going to say locked and loaded but considering the times we are a living in............? Not such a good idea.

He looks fierce with an unloaded rifle. :)
(2)

P.S. I get it.
(0)

So many favorites, lol!
(0)

:O !!!

I am just picturing the strategist responsible running the original video past the official candidate and trying to explain Freddy Mercury to him.

For a follow up, perhaps they should use "I want to break free"?
(1)

Cooking two chicken breasts in tiny toaster-oven for later.
Then, we are having chocolate ice cream. Really hot day, heatwave.
Staying cool @95 ° only. Putting on the exit fan, even the tiny countertop oven is making heat.
(0)

We are the champions, by queen.
I was interested to hear something about the Queen of England, so I clicked on the rnc in error, there was the song being played, trending now. Please protect your loved ones and dementia patients from the news-they might think it is all real!

Where is Gershun with her kitty-cat avatar, protecting Canada from all bad things?
(0)

Oh-oh. What have I missed, Send?

It probably wasn't Vladimir Putin's version of Blueberry Hill, but that would certainly be one example of a good song not so much ruined as just made really alarming.

The other that I can't quite forgive Mike Myers for is Dr Evil and Mini Me's duet to 'Just The Two of Us.' It will never be the same.

But, so, who's using what for which campaign?
(1)

When some famous people use a famous song (without permission btw) for their own self-promotion, they can really ruin it for the rest of us.
Hearing the song, it repeats in your head, but then you think of how it has been used and it makes you sick.
Still, there are many other famous songs left to sing....
(0)

Pam I used to do the same waiting for my kids to come out of school. One term I fancied I had really nailed The Queen of The Night's aria in the Magic Flute. It wasn't until a year or so later that I found out that the dad waiting in the next car with a 'help me God' expression on his face was actually an opera singer.
(4)

One of my favorite things is when a new song remake comes out using the lyrics of an oldie but goodie you have known for years. When your kids are playing it, you sing it out!
(1)

Cwillie, I always swore I would never pay for radio.. then it came in my truck and I am hooked! I have a long drive to work and spend alot of time on the road. And yes.. I am that idiot singing for all she is worth in the car next to you,, and sometimes I even "dance"!
(2)

I've been singing along with my "old and sweet" playlist, I don't know why I don't put on music more often. Cat Stevens, Janis Joplin, Dire Straits, Billy Joel, Sass Jordan.....
(2)

I went to the Home Goods store today and just piddled around... Mom's piddling time is about 30 minutes.. mine was like an hour and half! I hate to do this when Mom is home,, feel like I should be getting her out of the house, but the trip to the dollar store is about her speed these days I may just go to the bookstore tomorrow!!!
(0)

Won the ant war...
1 cup of warm water 1/2 cup of sugar 2 tablespoons of Borax (can be found at most grocery stores) Mix the ingredients and either leave them in a shallow dish near the ants or anywhere along their trail (ants leave a scent trail so that other ants can follow them). Alternatively, soak some cotton balls in the mixture and leave them near the ants. Please note: make sure that you DO NOT do this where your pets can eat the mixture! The ants will take the mixture back to the colony and help eliminate them for good. Many people have tried this inexpensive solution and it has worked like a charm!

(1)

Lyrics-
I remember I cried when my father died
Never wishing to hide the tears...

Well, I remember also, my brother coming up to me saying: Stop cryjng!
Guess that is when I learned then and there to catch my tears up short.

So very long ago.
(3)

Desiderata. Desiderata. Desiderata.
Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender,
Be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others -
Even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons - they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter,
For always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career -
However humble, it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is.
Many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself.
Especially do not feign affection, neither be cynical about love.
For in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
It is as perenial as the grass.
Take kindly the council of the years,
Gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune,
But do not distress yourself with imaginings -
Many fears are borne of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe.
No less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
No doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
Keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be careful. Strive to be happy.
(2)

I remember being deliciously scandalized when watching The Life of Brian with my friends at he drive-in theatre. The only part of the song I remember is "life's a piece of s***, when you look at it", and everyone whistling cheerfully as the movie ended.
(2)

Sweet sand Ballroom Blitz. Crazy song. Makes me think of something that would be on Rocky Horror.
(0)

I had to look up the Bright Side and saw the Monty Python video. That was silly cool.
(2)

Having said that, there is many a radio presenter who has cheerfully bunged on "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" for his afternoon audience and been really really sorry he hadn't listened to it all the way through beforehand.
(2)

No more they do. I bow to no one in my admiration of Carole King, but "snow is cold, rain is wet, chills my soul right to the marrow..."

For a moment there I was sorry I'd listened. Souls have marrow? Then I decided I loved her anyway and would just la-la-la over the lyrics in future.
(1)

Lets face it, a lot of songs don't make any sense even when you know the right words. I'm sure it was "the man in the back", but the lyrics are pretty much a head scratcher even when you do understand them.
(0)

Remember Ballroom Blitz. I don't know who sings it but I think one of the lines is "and the men in the back said prepare to attack and it turned into a ballroom blitz"? Or is that how it goes? LOL
(0)

Sharyn: I only remember Manfred Mann too. I wonder why, since Springsteen's version was so popular. Huh...
(0)

Jinglebts, you are right, springsteens version is the original. Wow, I only remember Manfred Mann.
(1)

Jinglebtd, I had to.listen to both versions just to wed which one I was most familiar with growing up...it is the Manfred Mann version. Bruce Springteen's version does change the lyrics from rvved up like a deuce to cut loose like a deuce. Never knew that and I prefer Manfred Mann version, singing style better.
(1)

Jinglebts, I didn't know that with Manfred Man version. Maybe it was about truckers.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter