Follow
Read More
Sharyn: The lyrics are from Manfred Mann:
"Blinded by the light
Revved up like a deuce [originally "cut loose like a deuce"]
Another runner in the night"

I always heard the douche version too, had no idea what it meant, but didn't care. Springsteen has a version of it too. Try as I might, I can NEVER hear "revved up like a deuce" -- always sounds like "Woke up like a douche in the rotor of the night" ... Ahh youth!!

A deuce was a two person car -- remember "Little Deuce Coupe"?
(2)

My babies have kept me glued together and keep functioning.They are definitely my favorite things/people.They all loved Mother too and have really missed her and they seem to understand my moods since.I'd have never made it without them.....and all you wonderful caregivers out there on Agingcare.Thank you.
(1)

My little Charlie-girl, a 4 & 1/2 # Chihuahua mix, will gently poke me in the mornings, if she wakes up before me. I make a game of it and try to pretend I'm still asleep, but eventually I start to smirk or giggle, and that gets her excited! She's a real cuddlebug in the mornings, and loves snuggle and play with my husband and I. Then it's off in search of her ball, which is the best thing since sliced bread, to her! She's been a God send these past 3 years, as when you are stuck home caring for your LO, having this little bundle of joy, sure makes life better! She's such a Sweetie!
(2)

I can not believe my eyes.
(0)

:O !!!
(0)

CM, that is exactly what they are like, I had to chuckle when I first came across them on line.
(1)

Stick on the furniture, is that, Veronica? For a moment I was visualising kitties with acrylics.
(1)

Definitely no declawing. It can cripple a cat on down the road. Without claws a cat doesn't walk right and it can take a toll. This is something I learned from "Cat from H*ll" on Animal Planet. They had a cat on it that had been declawed years before. It was sad.
(2)

Yes!!! You can also get their claws cut at a groomer. If you choose to them cut, start when young then their claws will be more like a dogs, but only do it if you Cst is strickly indoors. I do not advocate declawing. I have been fortunate as my cats have not clawed furniture.
(0)

Did you know you can get stick on claw covers. Stops them scratching the furniture.
(3)

I love cats and will always have a cat in my life.
(4)

Sharyn my cat never uses his claws. He just gently taps me with his paw. He is such a big softie.
(2)

Oh Gershun, my cat will use one claw to poke me and hubs. Boy is it sharp, when he wants attention, he means business.
(2)

Billy Idol sings a song called "Eyes without a Face" My Hubs thought it was "Hows about a Date"

One of my favorite things is when my cat gently pats my leg with his paw to get my attention. He just did it.
(4)

The answer must be Naturally. I am alone so much, it must be naturally.
But then it is weird, because Dh is still here, I think.
Ghosting. It is called Ghosting when he cannot be found unless he's walking with you and your head has the ability to turn around a 360° to find him. How does he do that, because my head can barely turn 45° left, or 45° right, a total 90° scan.

Last night, spent alot of time here-could not sleep until 6 a.m. That was insomnia this time, usually my sleep schedule is 'self-will run rampant'.
(3)

SharynM, Lol! Me too!
(2)

Oops sorry cwillie, I mean Kellse.
(1)

Lol!! I have been reading the posts about mondegreen. Rvved up like a deuce, another runner in the night. I remember hearing it as you did Cwillie. Also CCR a bad moon on the rise, in high school we thought it was a bathroom on the right.
(3)

There is one line in a song by Bruce Springsteen I used to think it was saying "Woke up like a douche in the rotor of the night". I still don't know what he was trying to say lol . The song is called Blinded By The Light
(2)

Oh MONDGREEN, Now I get it, Lol! Funny, my husband and I laugh and argueabout these sorts of things, while listening to the radio in the car! Lol!
(0)

Cwillie, wasn't it FOUR HUNGRY CHILDREN AND A CROP IN THE FIELD? LOL! Now That was Funny! OMG!
(0)

I have spent considerable time on line looking up the origin of the term mondegreen and laughing at many examples. I can recall everyone singing along with Kenny Rogers' song Lucille... four hundred children and a crop in the field, without ever stopping to think that it made no sense LOL.
(2)

I think I found the answer just by looking at all the choices. I believe the title is simply "Alone Again" and the Naturally was added in parentheses by someone else. That way it could be told from all the other Alone Agains out there.
(0)

It was an easy mistake, Send. Gilbert and Sullivan were a lot more famous than Gilbert O'Sullivan. Most people probably haven't even heard of the latter, especially in the US, where only one or two of his songs got air time.

Now there's a good question. Is the title of the song "Alone Again" or "Alone Again Naturally?" I've seen both and I've seen the Naturally in parentheses. Maybe CM will know for sure.
(2)

That's it, Jinglebts, you found it! Just like Jessebelle's mondergreen, I am thinking about repainting, again, but I won't because Gershun said "Jesus loves even me".
(1)

Mondegreen: a misheard lyric, as in "Thou hae slay the Earl of Murray/
And Lady Mondegreen" which actually means "slay the Earl of Murray and laid him on the green." Other misheard lyrics: ""Midnight after you're wasted."
is "Midnight at the oasis." (Muldaur), Baking carrot biscuits." is "Taking care of business" (BTO), and many others!!
(0)

Peanuts cartoon: "Someday, we will all die, Snoopy"
Snoopy answers: "Yes, but on all the other days, we won't".
(6)

Gilbert O' Sullivan is a stage name, btw. The artiste is a decent pianist and a very good lyricist, so I assume he chose it as a kind of dual tribute?
(1)

oh, I give up! Now it's a Mondergreen, instead of Mondegreen? Geez!
(0)

After reading Gilbert O'Sullivan, and changing it in my mind to read Gilbert and O'Sullivan, that could have been an example of a mondergreen. Or was it, a mind bender seen? Lol.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter