Follow
Read More
Send, since the Cdn dollar has tanked I'm seeing celery priced at $3.99, makes yours look like a bargain! Cauliflower was going for $7 just before christmas, I think fresh veggies are off the menu until spring.
(1)

Homemade Macaroni and cheese so when you scoop it out the cheese strings all the way to the plate!!! Chili, Tuna Casserole. I LOVE Mexican food but I just don't fix it ??? I love beef stew but haven't fixed it. Potato soup, comforting, rich and warm. UUMMMMM.....It's the Irish in me I think. I love potatoes and they love me !!!!
(0)

Favorite things? My dogs, my granddaughter, my mom, key lime pie, carrot cake cooking for people who appreciate it, going to a spirit filled church, laughing,
Before chronic pain: riding my bike, hiking, snorkeling,swimming, going to the beach and watching the kids playing, reading marathons, traveling, driving in my convertible.
(2)

My favorite is coffee. I really cannot drink 16 oz. of celery juice.
(0)

What's left after coffee? Celery juice, 16 oz. every a.m. on an empty stomach.
Gave up prilosec. No reflux sx. yet.
Ran out of fresh celery, at 1.99 each bunch, about 1-2 bunches a day juiced, or $2.50/day that is more expensive than coffee. Wishing all our struggles to be this easy.
(0)

LOL, 3 minutes hardly gives the woman time enough to finish watching the show on the t.v. behind your back. :)
(4)

WINDY, 3 whole minutes? What a Lucky girl!
(2)

The late, great Rodney Dangerfield had some great lines about sex. A couple of my favorites:

I get no respect! I'm having sex with my wife and find out later she's using me to time a 3 minute egg!

My wife likes to talk during sex. The other night she calls me from a motel!
(3)

Stacey, for most men it's the 3 and 8 rule: 3 minutes of sex followed by 8 hours of sleep. And maybe 30 seconds of cuddling if forced to......
(4)

Love everyone here, and your sense of humor. Or is it humors?
(1)

Oh i must share a story with you. My grandaughter ( one of my favorite things) was over today. She is 19 mo.old. I was in the kitchen and she was in the living room where i left my phone on the table. The phone pinged like it does when you get a text. The next thing i know she comes running in the kitchen on her cute little short legs and hands me the phone. She knew that sound meant i needed to look at my phone....scarey how smart these little ones are. : )
(3)

Ready to start watching Downton Abbey
(2)

:)
(1)

Gershun, yes! Im that good!
(2)

Stacey........30 secs. Wow, you've been lucky then.
(3)

Veronica, I'm just pulling your leg!
(1)

Veronica, you kill me!!! That only takes Up to 30 seconds for most men!hahahaha! Wgat did you do with the other 23 hours and 59 & 1/2 minutes of your day? Oh yeah, you had those 3 kids! Lol!
(1)

cwillie, I said I had THREE small children, I'll leave you to guess
(4)

No drugs, no rock 'n' roll, hmm what's left??? lol
(2)

cwillie I was talking about now not the 70s. I had three small children in the 70s and never did do drugs and hated rock and roll. Never smoked but did enjoy some booze we mostly made our own wine and very good it was. How about some Elderflower champagne?
(2)

Just say No to drugs.
(1)

Veronica, the choice of the 70's was sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll ;)
(2)

Ooops - meant to add - the Anne Perry boks really make me glad I live in 21st century USA, despite any problems. Yikes!
(3)

LOVE the movie Mumford - one of my favorites. Another great film - although hard to find - is "Magicians" directed by James Merendino, made in 2000 (not to be confused with others by the same/similar name). It's about realizing the positive use of one's talents, and creating a family of one's own (not necessarily relatives!).

I use "Danger Will Robinson" - more lately it seems. But seem to find best life philosopgy in rock music lyrics, e.g.,

You can't always get what you want, but you get what you need.

For relaxation - I've found arranging silk flowers and drawing to help me "change the channel" so to speak.

Lastly - sometimes a good book really does the trick. I started reading author Anne Perry's Wiliam Monk series about 6 months ago. There are 20 books and I'm now on #17. Offered as an historical detective series, she includes a specific political or social theme in each one - from the lack of waste treatment in mid 1880's London, to the building of a rail system in another, to the lack of women's financial (among other) rights and limited opportunities which appear in all. I learn alot about history while enjoying a good story. At the same time, she writes beautifully about people's interior lives and how their emotions guide them.

I don't read much fiction, so when I find an author I like, I go for it! Once I'm done this series, I'll start over and read them all once more before I donate them. BTW - I've bought most used on Amazon or eBay, since I haven't worked since early July, and couldn't wait for my local lilbrary to secure the latest book I wanted.
(3)

Clarification: the reason I gave up coffee wasn't b/c of the acid reflux issue. When D'xed with osteopenia, I did some research and found that coffee and wine caused the body to release calcium, complicating the loss of calcium as we age, and contributing to the likelihood of osteopenia seguing into osteoporosis.

I still have a few cups of coffee a year - I really do love it, especially with the addition of the little flavoring in cups - hazelnut is really delicious.

I guess the solution if you want to continue to drink coffee is to do more weight bearing exercise, recommended for combatting osteoporosis naturally.
(2)

Veronica, try heated cider; it's never caused me anything but relaxation and comfort. Herbal teas are nice too.
(4)

No tea, no coffee, no chocolate, no booze. who's left. ? Drugs
(2)

Happy New Year to me, then, no more coffee. Zip, that's it.
(2)

O no!
(1)

Both coffee and chocolate can cause heartburn, especially chocolate if eaten too close to bedtime, or nap time, when one is laying down.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter