Follow
Read More
Send, I had GERD that was caused by coffee and I only drank two cups a day. The doc prescribed Nexium, I think, it was about six years ago. I did not want to take the med, gave up my coffee instead. GERD gone, I now drink green tea which is supposed to be very good for us. I still have the occasional cappacino, but only once a week or so, and still no GERD.
(2)

Cwillie, Happy New Year's day.! We tried some milder coffee because my gerd was killing me! Cutting back.
Looks like you were up early. But the time differences, plus the AC clock confuses it all, at least for me.
(1)

Nope, I slept, woke up early, went back to bed, husband was hungry around 11:00 a.m. so got up to prepare breakfast at that time.
Was asleep sometimes before midnight, kept waking up. This was the first year my husband was awake at midnight, then I fell asleep. Turning into catnapping, it was okay!
(1)

Good gracious Send, have you been up all night??? I have finished my first coffee of 2016 and really should get mother up for breakfast... well, maybe one more cup first!
My wish for you all, Strength and Support for those in the trenches and Hope and new Opportunities for those whose battles have ended. Happy New Year!
(2)

.Must be January 1, 2016
(3)

It would be really hard to accurately tell what time it is inHawaii, Alaska, and the Aleutian Is. because of their time zones. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!.
(0)

Aleutian Is. off of Alaska are part of Alaska and part of Russia, 'shared ownership'.
So says Wiki. Not sure I believe it.
(0)

Ok then, I won't tell him.
(0)

Desiderata, excerpts/anonymous or by Max Ehrmann
Go placidly amid thd noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
Be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
And listen to others,
Even the dull and ignorant;
They too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
They are vexations to the spirit.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
For the world is full of trickery.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
It is still a beautiful world.
(1)

The last place to celebrate the New Year's is the Aleutian Island chain off of Alaska. Ate the Aleutians part of Alaska?
(0)

Goodnight Glad!
(1)

I am really in North Dakoa so we are done here. Good night Send, if I do not end up with insomnia again tonight.
(1)

Hubby says Hawaii will be the last state to experience New Year's eve in the world. Should I believe him?
(0)

2 hrs. PST.
(0)

One hour, MST.
(0)

Happy New Year to caregivers everywhere! :)
(1)

5 hours to go, from Send.
(1)

10:30 a.m.on Guam. On Friday! That is about 18 hours ahead of U.S. PST?

Who is the last to have Friday night at midnight in the world?
(0)

Cannot believe those Brits beat us to New Years already!
(1)

Jazzyfox, 7:20 p.m., 5 hours to go! World Clock/Uxbridge, Canada!!
(0)

Countdown to New Years Eve, count yourselves in.....

I so do not want to miss out on all the possibilities of new hopes and dreams for the new year 2016 for all my caregiving friends, active, retired, or missing their loved ones.
(0)

Gershun, looked you up on the world clock. Its 4:09 p.m. PST here, you have the same?? 8 hours to go?
(0)

8 hours to go!
(0)

I am so far regretless Jude!
(0)

Happy New Year to my friends who call themselves Brits across ths pond!
Did I get that right? Is it midnight?
Yay! A Good Year ahead to ya!
(1)

Let me wish you all a very joyous and happy New Year filled with new beginnings and no regrets xxxxxxxxxxx
(1)

actually 1 minute to go
(0)

2 minutes to go
(0)

I's 6:45 here in Ontario, so 5 hours and 55 minutes New Years Day here ...
(0)

2 hours and 11 minutes to New Years day here
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter