Follow
Read More
2:00 pm MST
(0)

4:03 .....Uxbridge. Canada
(1)

11:30 am. in Vancouver, Canada Sendme!
(1)

Cwillie, good information. Already the New Year!
(0)

I think it is already tomorrow for bookluvr, 4:00 a.m. in Guam and area.
(1)

COUNTING DOWN TO NEW YEARS
6:00 p.m. London
1:00 p.m. New York
Anyone else?
(0)

COUNTING DOWN TO NEW YEARS.....
10:00 a.m. 12/31/2015 West Coast, U.S.A...14 hrs.......
(0)

Highs, 57, Lows, 33. Plants are freezing but just cannot save them this year. It is cold for so cal.
News is over-rated, but then I am out of touch. Roku box only shows videos of news, later. Was unaware of any wildfires. Looking that up, AC, a powerful source for news! Thanks Central, should I call you news central? Lol.
It is 2:00 a.m. on the 30th. When waking up, it will be the 31st! An important day of celebration for millions of people.
Keep all the furkids and children safe!
(2)

Wow! Southern California! What's the temperature there? I'm so sorry to learn of all the wildfires there. Hopefully you're not in their path. I always hate to see the devastation from fires, tornadoes, floods on the news. It's truly sad. The good thing is that when it's property, at least you can re-build. You can't get a new loved one or friend. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your morning, I'm on the East Coast, so I'll be leaving work soon! Happy New Year to you and yours.
(0)

Those figures were just all wrong! Please excuse my confusion.
Today is Wednesday, Dec. 30th, still, 9:30 a.m. in Southern California.
(0)

Somewhere, Someone? Anybody still up? Going to bed now, because New Years is tomorrow night, the 31st. But then, you knew that. Where do I find a world clock?
(0)

Celebrating the countdown to New Years Eve!
Southern California, 2:55 a.m. on , what day is it? I just don't know! Ha ha.
Really. Figuring this out...must have been a T.i.a.,....
Well, when I get up it will be Wednesday, the 30th. Technically, it is still Tuesday night (11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.) but in reality (my reality), it was the 30th after midnight. Oh, and to confuse me more, it is PST, Pacific Standard Time.

So maybe it will be New Years Eve soon, somewhere in the world?

(0)

O tanks, Central! Lettuce make New Years fun by checking in from all over the world. It could be New Years soon, or even right now, I just don't know! And I was/is so stressed today (having to dress in a business-like manner and talk business matters with strangers) that I feel like losing it. Kinda like use it or lose it! (Ability to do business). O where was I going with this?
Excuse me, gotta get outta bed to see the clock-business papers everywhere!
Be right back.
(0)

oops! I didn't realize the first one got put in! Just goes to show how much I like it. It's double the fun!
(3)

ohJude and Sendme2help: Thank you for sharing -- you both said all the things I was planning to write. I too am grateful that this site is here -- it's the best! Best wishes to all of you for a very happy, healthy new year!
(1)

ohJude and Sendme2Help: You both said everything I was thinking about writing. This is the best site -- glad I'm able to be a part of it. Very best wishes to all of you for a happy, healthy new year.
(1)

lets all^^^^^
(2)

Echoing CM from across the pond - our similarities make us a fantastic support group and our differences make us unique, our responses both challenge and offer food for thought, our lighthearted humour gets us through the darkness, and our language differences can create hilarity, our thoughtfulness for others shows sensitivity, our love for our elders and SO shines through despite the often difficult backgrounds, Our sadness for those who have loved and lost demonstrates how much we care - so people in 2015 sets all pat ourselves on the back for not just dealing with our own problems but for trying to help others along the way.

There cannot be a better support group anywhere - when it is our turn to shuffle off our mortal coils can you imagine what a great party we can have wherever it is we go?
(2)

Send, you've perfectly phrased exactly what I feel, too. Thank you!
(2)

The New Year 2016. Just cannot let 2015 go by without thanking everyone on AC because my life is better now, and there is some hope for more positive changes in the New Year. Did not expect to find friends here, people I think about fondly even when not logged in. Thought that I could help others, and don't know if that ever happened. Now I know that I cannot 'rescue' anyone, and have learned more about how everyone will get through their issues with a little support. I am so happy to have found you all on this site, and some of you have accepted me, included me, and been a friend to me, and made me laugh! So, thank you!
And, Happy New Year!
(6)

Book and Send, you are quite right. She's my daughter's grandmother and must send flowers. As shall I. Thanks.
(2)

Jinglebts, Your ex-husband's mom is your mother-in-law, and you did not get divorced from her. We must, by necessity, make new lives for ourselves. That doesn't mean you have loved her any less, you are right to be fond of her.
Imop, you express appreciation of her anyway you want.
She is also your daughter's grandmother. That is family. I sympathize.
(2)

jinglbts, so sorry about ex-MIL. Too bad you cannot properly mourn her. Would it be an imposition to ask your daughter to bring flowers (paid by you) on your behalf to ex-MIL? If you want to keep it low keyed, don't leave your name on the card. Just say to someone who is fond of her. If daughter feels uncomfortable, then just drop the subject/ back off.
(2)

Just heard, thru' my daughter of course, that my ex's (of 30 years) mom is dying. I am very fond of her, I've visited her the last couple of times when her own son wouldn't, but now am completely cut off from her. So no little memento, no furniture that she said I could have, and I don't even know where to send flowers. Very strange family they are.

Just needed to express my sorrow to *someone* and I know everyone at AC will sympathize.
(2)

I just had the loveliest Christmas ever! My kids came up to my cottage for four days and we had Xmas eve here-- roast beef, mashed potatoes, yorkshire pudding, asparagus (my personal fave), then after opening prezzies, fresh strawberries with whipped cream. The two grandkids, both boys, loved what we got them, and then what to my wondering eyes should appear but -- a new TV set! Plus son-in-law vacuumed out my car and washed it and put in my new carpet. So far, it's been about 45 degrees F here (about 9 degrees C), when it should be -9C and a boatload of snow. Glad for the warmth, not so glad for global warming :(. Later, we had a fire in the fire pit behind the cabin.

New neighbours came around last nite with a plate of goodies and the news that her husband had just bought a snowblower and would snowblow my drive too.

I am full of gratitude -- for my kids, for my cabin (cottage to us Canucks), for new neighbours, for just about everything. Good cheer to all, and a very Happy New Year!!
(2)

Quiet morning. Everybody still sleeping. Thought kids would be up early, but excitement kept them up very late last night. Grandma is the only one up. Quiet cup of coffee with my trusted golden. Then off to middle daughter's house. Am at oldest daughter's now, need to spread myself around.
(5)

Veronica, I'm so glad that you and hubby are enjoying yourselves with the family. And that he's relaxing, too. I've never seen a real barn. Well, I've never seen a real sheep, neither. Or a lamb. Sorry, I got distracted with that song, Old McDonald had a farm, e i e i o... I was going through the animals in my head. I've seen a horse, a cow, a pig. Enjoy yourselves!!! {{{Hugs}}}

Jinglebits, I cannot drink dairy. I used to be able to eat cheese without a reaction. Now I do. So no more cheese (unless it's in a burger!) I'm finding that my stomach now reacts to yogurt. But i still eat yogurt. And I just cannot give up ice cream. Funny thing is - as long as the ice cream is Dreyers - I have No reaction to it. Yum.... I miss eating it. Ever since Dreyer's box got smaller and the price went higher, I can no longer in good conscience spend $8.99 on that ice cream. It's an extravagence. Ice cream!! One of my favorite food (other than chicken.)

Guess what my 2 nieces got for me?! They both pitched in and got me a $100 Amazon gift card!! Oh my gosh! I'm going to make it last. I will make sure to buy ebooks that are $0.99 or $1.99 and books that I know that i will enjoy reading. Hate to waste money on books that I hate/dislike.
(1)

Veronica, sounds idyllic, it is your reward for fighting so hard! The survival instinct is strong with this one!
(0)

No snow Garden and tomorrow we inspect the new barn.
(2)

Send, I've never heard of chocolate chips as vitamin supplements, but I like that idea! Raisins are really great too; they satisfy a need to nibble. And they're healthy.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter