Follow
Read More
Jazzy - mandalas are fascinating! They're so unique, so full of depth and lend themselves to so any color combination interpretations. I love them too, especially ones like animal mandalas and Christmas mandalas.
(1)

One of my favorite things is my fireplace dvd. This dvd gets heavy use but it makes a world of difference to me. Coloring mandalas is one of my things where I have an excuse for making things any color I want!
(1)

Today is Monday. Not my favorite day, but it's the last day of August! Have been sleeping better, looking forward to the challenge of my first car payment and managing a new budget with car insurance, gas, maintenance, and washing not allowed in our driveway. Times are better for me now, some of that is what I have learned on this forum, and much is attributed to being able to connect with all of you. Everyone is special here. And I can tell you from my own personal experience that no matter how small the issue, having others share the same experience has made a huge difference in my mood and hope for today to be a better day. It's up to me, but now I have some strength and encouragement.
Thanks to everyone!
(2)

Bookluvr, where have you been?
(0)

Traveling the world in my armchair. Armchair traveler. You are all very good at describing nature, gardens, places, parks. My head is spinning I've been so many stormy places today! What was in that hot chocolate anyway?
(0)

Hot chocolate, Sunday evening.
(1)

Sendme... Ha, your secret is safe with me....I would have let you share with me.....remember, I carry spoons in my car !!!
(1)

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS!
(0)

Ladee, offered to share it, over three days time. I'm just not saying.
(1)

Sendme, all gone because someone else ate it, or you did??
(2)

Bavarian chocolate pudding, all gone!
(1)

Five million people have attended a Harvest Crusade in the past consecutive 26 years! Phil Wickham is one of my favorite singers. This weekend, in Anaheim Stadium, California, Friday, Aug. 28th, Saturday Aug. 29th, and Sunday Aug. 30th this event is having it's 26th year. Phil Wickham sings: (live on t.v.)
"This is amazing grace, this is amazing love, that you would take my place, that you would bear my cross, that you would lay down your life, and I would be set free." " There is no one like our God!"
(0)

Hope, that's a nice image. We don't have any owls here but it is kind of nice to listen to the chorus of crickets, even if they only sing one song over and over again. They need a conductor to provide some different music for a change.
(2)

Sitting on my deck late at night, with a full moon, listening to the chorus of the owls in the woods with a cool breeze foretelling the coming of fall....heaven on earth.

Watching my babies play in the yard early on a cool morning while sipping that first hot cup of coffee of the day.
(2)

Oh, I will keep that in mind next time someone is looking while I have my orgasmic chocolate, and I will say, 'Bet the Aztec gods aren't happy with you right now...."
(1)

Ladee, you've provided my laugh for the day!

But I'll bet no one would stare if you were fiddling with a smart phone - that's not even unusual any more.

The Aztec gods would shine favorably on you for your dedication to chocolate.
(1)

Ya, started using spoons because licking the paper in traffic was starting to make people stare !!!!
(1)

Ladee, you're a true chocolaholic too! I never thought of spoons for melting chocolate in hot weather - great idea!
(1)

That is why I keep plastic spoons in my car, so even if the favorite Milky Way bars start to melt, I can set at the red light and scoop !!
(3)

It takes a really, really true chocolaholic to have it in 111 degree weather!
(3)

Could not wait for hot chocolate. We had some, tasted great. In the heat of August, at 111° farenheit.
(1)

The smile of a little one, momentarily staring to absorb what's happening, gradually smiling, then grinning and clapping his or her little hands enthusiastically.

The glee of children at Christmastime when opening their presents.

Chidlren's first experiences - seeing that first butterfly, first kitten, first puppy, first birthday.
(4)

First hot chocolate of the season. Chilly days just beg for hot chocolate!
(2)

More favorite things...

First home made soup of the season, especially if accompanied by homemade bread. (Now, where did my baker go?)

Healing from an injury - at last, I'm becoming human again!

Chicken Soup books. (Where do I start first? - so many to choose from.)

Wandering around a book store - Borders will never be replaced; it was unique and had its own culture. Sunday mornings at Borders were special. Other than a library, no place had so much to offer that opened and expanded the mind.

Christmas was an equally special time. Once the lines were so long while a sale was on that the staff came out with little cups of hot chocolate to serve the customers waiting in line. It was such a nice touch, especially during the holiday season.

Once a young man sat down at the baby grand piano in our local Borders and began playing a concerto. People on the first floor began drifting toward the piano and watching in fascination as his fingers moved with expert precision over the keyboard. People on the second floor drifted over toward the open staircase to watch from above.

It was one of the most moving experiences I've had while shopping, which isn't even an accurate description of visiting a bookstore because it's so much more than a shopping experience.

Anyone else have a favorite store that helps you transcend reality and drift into a world and culture created by the store?
(3)

Yes Windy go back underneath the rock. :)
(2)

No, I look for the charity car washes with lots of cheerleaders....

That's maybe a little creepy..............I'll just slink away now..
(2)

Windy, are you inferring you're not among the car devotees who wash and polish their cars every weekend, topping it all off with a few beers? I thought that was a "guy" ritual.
(1)

Now that's just creepy.......
(0)

Windy, to be fair, how about hot guys washing cars?
(5)

Getting the first fall garden catalogue which just arrived, and the first spring catalogue which usually comes around Christmastime. First Christmas magazine is always a pleasure too; I picked up mine yesterday.

And, yes the fragrance of freshly mown grass is better than the grass itself. I too love to open the windows after being cooped up all winter, but there's always the excitement of the first snowfall, the first spring rain, and the freshness each bring.

And the first little crocuses or other spring harbingers peeping up through the soil, and sometimes even through the remains of one of the snowfalls.

Blizzards are great too. Stock up on food, make a big pot of soup and homemade bread, snuggle up in a quilt with a good book.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter