Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
I have to admit that this time of year it's the not heating up the whole kitchen part that I liked the best Golden, with a gas stove you are putting out almost as much heat to boil one egg or a dozen (not that I ever boil that many). Plus my very fresh eggs really did peel perfectly, and there were no dark rings around the yolk either.
(2)

cw I'm amazed. I do a 4 1/2 min egg for breakfast with no babysitting and have done hard boiled the same way.

Get a pot of water boiling, prick the blunt end of the egg so the air can escape and the shell doesn't crack. Dump the eggs in, turn down the heat a a bit and set the timer. Return when ready and douse with cold water. It's the dousing with cold water that makes them easy to peel.

Glad you found something that works better for you.
(0)

I find making hard boiled eggs a pain - not only do you you heat up the whole kitchen, you must babysit the eggs so they don't end up at a full boil or completely forgotten. So I tried the instant pot method that everyone on line has been raving about... okay, I'm sold!
(1)

Tonight’s game was fun. The other night was so boring until the last few minutes.

Anyway, LSU won! 4 - 3
(1)

cw: My mother at 93 made fudge for her town's Strawberry and Arts Festival.
(3)

We had a quick dinner, grilled cheese sandwiches and salad, because we are watching LSU play Florida. We have to win two out three games. Geaux Tigers!

Yay! We just scored the first run in the game.
(3)

Sounds lovely, cw.

When my children were young. I volunteered at our church fair every year. It is a lot of work!
(3)

Today I was thinking about the strawberry socials that used to be popular fundraisers in my area. In my little home town they would bring in berries in early to mid June (a little before local berries were producing) and the ladies would gather to prep them. People would fill long tables set up in the community centre to feast on a huge meal, there were no advanced tickets and I can remember two or three "sittings" were required to feed everyone who came. I'm not sure why those kinds of events have mostly disappeared but I guess the last of the ladies willing to donate their time and labour are either too old or gone now, along with many of the churches that benefited from the funds 🤔
(4)

Should have cooked dinner. Was running errands earlier, then put on my baseball game.

I’m a little hungry but don’t know what I want.

Ever have those days where you have no idea what you feel like eating, then you just end up making a bowl of cereal or something.
(3)

River,

I love moussaka!

I’m sure your son and DIL loved the Bananas Foster at Brennans. It’s a classic New Orleans dessert.

Brennan’s happens to be on my favorite street in the French Quarter. I always walk on Royal St. to enjoy the art galleries and antique shops.

If they enjoy eating in the Quarter, tell them to try GW Fins.

It’s so hot here now. My daughter and I took the dog for a walk yesterday (Magazine St.) and the shop owners and restaurants place water bowls out for the dogs.

PJ’s Coffee allows dogs to go inside the coffee shop to cool off. They spoil him rotten in there. The owner keeps dog treats on the counter for the pooches! So sweet!

It’s nice walking to Audubon Park because they have fountains for the dogs to cool off in.
(3)

NHWM, my son and daughter in law went to NO over the weekend. They were very impressed with Brennans which made bananas foster at the table.

I made moussaka for dinner tonight.
(3)

i had a veggie pizza.
I remember one time that I took my Dad out for Father's Day. Back before they lived with me and I was just living life, working, doing martial arts, having friends.
When we got to the restaurant, I spoke to about 3 people I knew. The simple hellos of meeting people in public. Later, I found out that Dad was amazed that I knew everyone, lol.
(4)

Outback salmon dinners for Father's Day.
(5)

Finished our 7 bean soup today. Not really soup, had to add water to thin the beans so they would cook, then, added more water.

Not even hungry for dinner.
(3)

It’s so much better to go out to eat for Father’s Day. No crowds! LOL 😆

I refuse to eat out on Mother’s Day!

Today, my daughters and I took hubby out to one of our favorite (hole in the wall) neighborhood restaurants with authentic Israeli street food. Tal’s Hummus on Magazine Street. So delicious!
(2)

Cashew: So sorry about your mother. Deepest condolences.
(2)

I love fish tacos too! Only grilled or baked fish though. The first time I tried them was in San Diego. So delicious!

I stopped eating fried foods years ago. There’s too much heart disease in my family. I don’t want to risk eating anything fried.
(2)

Cashew, fish tacos are one of our favorites. Enjoy!

I am so sorry about your mom, I didn't see where you had posted about her passing but, it's the same time frame as when I lost my mom. Which is all kinda blurry.

May The Lord give you comfort, peace and grieving mercies for this difficult time. Your parents were very blessed to have you.

Take care of you now.
(4)

tonight, it is fish tacos. Since my Mom passed, I get to eat what I like
instead of sticking to things that she liked. It is nice.
(7)

cw,

Yep! The banana did it.
(2)

I feel like making soup for dinner. I’m thinking, black bean soup. I found a really easy recipe that uses canned black beans.

It’s out of character for me to use canned beans. I usually do a soup from scratch but this recipe is good.

I love making a lentil soup or split pea soup.

I make a salad to go along with my soup and dinner is done!

My mini food processor broke a couple of days ago. I ordered a new one on Amazon because I use my mini processor quite often.

I had a large processor that I donated to the thrift store because it was overkill for my needs.

I not a huge gadget person. Some gadgets are a complete waste of money.
(3)

Bran muffins. The recipe is for 8 small muffins but I usually make 6 large, but I added in a too ripe banana and that obviously pushed things just a little too far.
(4)

cw, You almost succeeded! LOL 😆 Not quite, I hate when something bubbles over. Grrrrrr…then we have to clean our oven.

What kind of muffins?

I have strawberries in my fridge. Trying to decide if I am going to eat them as is or create a dessert with them.

I forgot to put a few of them on my breakfast cereal this morning. I like adding them in my yogurt and topping it with a bit of granola.
(2)

I tried to cram 8 muffins worth of batter into 6 muffin cups, usually I can get away with it but today they overflowed onto the oven burner 🔥🤣
(4)

if you were wondering about my culinary skills...i've been asked to bring paper towels to our family gatherings.
(4)

I had a Mediterranean chicken burger ...and fudgesicles
(4)

Way,

Ice cream for dinner would be a dream come true for a kid! I always loved when my mom made pancakes for dinner. Breakfast for dinner was always a treat!
(3)

golden: Thank you!💚
(2)

Way: Thanks.
(3)

Golden , glad you are getting rain .
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter