Follow
Read More
cw,

All of those things sound great! We have a famous dessert here, Bananas Foster. It’s cooked bananas with a sweet sauce that is poured over ice cream! It made table side in our fine dining restaurants.
(1)

I made some banana bran muffins yesterday because I had a couple of overripe bananas, I like to add a banana to my breakfast smoothies or oatmeal but I didn't use them up this time.
My favourite thing to make (and eat!) with bananas would be banana cream pie, but I can't even remember the last time I had that.🍌
(4)

Today is National Banana Day. I love making banana bread. I put bananas in smoothies. Occasionally, I make banana pudding.

What is your favorite banana recipe?
(0)

Poached salmon and spinach salad. I may never do it any other way again. Strawberries and dark chocolate for dessert.
(4)

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes, broccoli.
From readymade at Costco.
(2)

Had my last serving of puff pastry, bousin, asparagus and ham. It was yummy. Will make that again! It was so easy..oh and egg.
(2)

Gluten free mac and cheese
bunless burgers
green beans
(1)

Burnt,

Hmmmm, now that is a great idea! I may do that too 😊. Otherwise I will be staring in my fridge for 15 minutes and most likely will be out of certain ingredients that I need to cook.

Thanks for putting the bug in my ear about getting takeout!
(1)

Quick Spaghetti with meat sauce …boring
(3)

@Need

I'm all about some take-out tonight.
(4)

So, I am going to open the refrigerator door and stare. I have absolutely no idea of what I want to make for dinner!

Ever have those days when you don’t know what you feel like eating or cooking?

Golden and Glad,

Sounds delicious!
(3)

Guess! Puff pastry with boursin, asparagus, ham and an overeasy egg! It is quite yummy!

NHWM, I like charred/seared meat too. Crispy on the outside still moist on the inside.
(4)

Not dinner but had lunch with my dd at a local fish restaurant. We enjoyed our fish (grilled not battered), chips and cole slaw and sat and chatted for a couple of hours. We packed up some of it for supper. Then she drove me to p/u some meds and they tried to charge me $25+. I have never paid for these meds in years. Got it sorted and need to p/u one rx tomorrow.

The sidewalks are clear of snow now. It feels like I have been let out of prison!!!!

need - if you must eat charred meat eat lots of veggies with it. It's healthier.
(3)

Glad,

Just looked up best temperature to roast a chicken. The answer from a cooking school was anywhere from 325 to 450.

Recipes will say to roast at high temperatures but doctors say that it isn’t healthy. It drives me crazy, because I love the charred flavors.
(4)

Glad,

Look at the article on zdnet.com

Air frying vs oven baking: what’s the best way to cook?

I just read it. Interesting, it convinces me that I don’t necessarily need an air fryer. My daughter keeps telling me to get one. She has told me that I can try hers to see if I like it. I may do that.

I get confused about what is the most healthy. I love roasted veggies cooked with high heat. Some articles state cooking at a high temp isn’t good. Especially with meat. I like the charred flavor.

I use olive oil, not vegetable oil. Olive oil is suppose to be healthy. It’s the temperature that matters.

Sometimes I will roast a chicken on a high temperature because it is delicious.
(3)

No clue the difference. My son did chicken wings in his once. I did not think it was very good.
(3)

I love Trader Joe’s but I haven’t tried that, Glad.

We have great local seafood so I go to a seafood market to buy fresh fish.

I don’t have an air fryer either. My daughter loves hers! She cooks lots of different things in it. I’m not even sure how those work. How are they different from a regular oven?
(3)

I don't have an air fryer. Today I heard about how wonderful Trader Joe's tilapia is.in it. Has anyone tried it?

Frozen tilapia.
(2)

Ham sandwiches on sourdough bread with Dijon mustard. Leftovers from yesterday’s ham dinner.

I always enjoy a sandwich the next day, whether I make ham, turkey or roast beef.
(2)

Me too !! I have loads of ham . I made more mashed potatoes and roasted green beans
(2)

Hurray for leftovers! Except I have to mash more potatoes. My youngest finished them for breakfast.
(5)

Chili in the instant pot with tons of extra beans and veggies. I'm getting better at adapting my recipes, this time it's pretty good.
(4)

Yesterday’s Leftovers!
(3)

You do need to pay attention to how long the asparagus is so it will fit within the area that will form the edge of the dish. I must say, it worked perfectly.
(4)

What can I say? It was absolutely wonderful! No problem with cooking time and asparagus and puff pastry smeared with cheese. I added a bit of cubed ham, after all on Easter I can't have asparagus without ham! I have three pieces left for supper the next few days. And had an over easy egg with it.

Golden, I bought frozen Pepperidge Farm puff pastry.

And guess what asparagus means? New rubber bands!
(4)

Red beans and rice with some guacamole
(3)

Glad,

Oooooh, the asparagus recipe looks amazing!
(2)

We are currently making chipwhiches ….putting ice cream in between two home made chocolate chip cookies .
Yum🍪
(4)

techie -sounds very good!

glad - It looks lovely and not, actually, that difficult as long as you are not making the puff pastry. 😉

I am roasting turkey thighs for dinner, with cranberry sauce and maybe roasted eggplant as a veggie.
(2)

That looks really good Glad, the only problem I can see would be having both the asparagus and puff pastry cooked perfectly. I like roasting asparagus in my little counter top oven, drizzled with garlic butter - it's so much easier than trying to steam it without overcooking the tips, looks nicer too.
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter