Follow
Read More
Ana,

I have two girls (daddy’s girls) I have to say.

I am the only girl in my family. I had brothers and I was a daddy’s girl too.
(1)

Oh gosh, hubby grilled so I thought that I would make a treat for him, a baked apple which he loves!

Anyway, I accidentally sprinkled paprika instead of cinnamon on top. I thought the color looked off so I checked to see what I grabbed out of my spice cabinet. Yep! Paprika!

I quickly washed off the paprika and replaced it with cinnamon. What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him is my motto! Then I added the maple syrup and butter to it.

Geeeeeez, what a goofy mistake! Even experienced cooks goof up sometimes, right?
(2)

NHWM, boy, girl, girl. You?
(1)

Ana,

That’s wonderful that you found love again.

I like teens too. Our kids friends hung out in our home too. I still haven’t figured out why they call it a ‘sleepover’ though. They don’t sleep! LOL 😆 They order pizza and watch movies.

Do you have girls, boys or both?
(1)

NHWM, as difficult as it was to lose my 1st husband, I have married again. My 2nd is the father of my 3 kids and he is an amazing guy. No idea how I got so lucky twice.

Our kids are 17, 19 and 21. We love teens! Picking their brains. Getting their perspective. We enjoying having the house where everyone hangs out.
(3)

Ana,

Thanks so very much! Your words touched my heart. You sound like such a great mom. I’m so sorry that you lost your husband early in your life.

I totally agree that it is hard to see our children suffer.

I have volunteered at our Children’s Hospital in New Orleans. I went with a group of friends when I was a teenager.

I loved hanging out with the kids my age in the gym. My favorite thing to do with them was playing basketball. They were awesome players!

It amazed me that some of the children had no visitors. I spent a couple of hours on weekends and in the summer visiting with them.

I like the Montreal seasoning too. Roasted tenderloin is so quick and easy but delicious.
(1)

NHWM, I am so happy to hear your daughter’s surgery went well. I have cared for my mother. I was widowed young. But nothing compared to the heartache I felt walking through the halls of The Hospital For Sick Children. My kid’s medical issue was manageable. I can’t imagine the stress of having a chronically ill child. Mom to one - mom to all.

Pork tenderloin is one of my fav foods. Roasted hot and fast. I’m currently smitten with dousing it with Montreal steak spice mix.

I picked up groceries on the way home from visiting my mother. My youngest has online night (high) school so I can catch my breath before starting dinner. Leftover ham may go into a quiche, with mushrooms, onions and Swiss cheese. Toss a salad. Comfort food.
(2)

My husband is grilling fish and veggies.
(1)

KC,

What do you put on your asparagus?

Your dinner sounds yummy! I roast chicken with veggies a lot.
(1)

roasted chicken, hot asparagus salad, baked sweet potato
(1)

Thanks, Max.

Ironically, she likes baking more than cooking. She rarely bakes due to her diabetes. She will bake for the holidays to give as gifts for friends and family.

My younger daughter prefers to cook over bake.

I prefer cooking because it is more forgiving. 😄

I am more of a dump and pour cook like my mom and grandmother. They never measured a thing and were awesome cooks!

Max, how is your puppy doing? Does he eat a lot? Do you cook for him?

My daughter cooks breakfast for her dog on the weekends! LOL She will scramble eggs for him.

My daughter with cats feeds them cat food but every now and then gives them a little piece of chicken.
(1)

Hi Need, hoping your daughter will be able to enjoy food now and live her life to the fullest❣️
(2)

Thanks, Glad

I appreciate it. It seems to affect us more when our children are are suffering.

It hurt to see my parents suffer but seeing my daughter suffer is much harder.
(3)

NHWM thinking of you and daughter hope this surgery helps!
(3)

Thanks, Golden

I hope so too. She’s suffered enough. Crohn’s is awful to live with.
(3)

need - I pray that your daughter will turn a corner to better health as a result of this surgery. ((((((Hugs)))))) to you both.
(3)

Mmm, I love birthday cake 😉.
There are/were several birthdays in my family this month, my dear grammie was born March 1st 1900.
(3)

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and support for my daughter. She had her surgery today. They were able to repair the area where she has been getting several ulcers. They also removed a lot of scar tissue. She’s in the recovery room now.

Thanks again. It means a lot to me to have your support. 💗
(9)

It is March 1st!
Happy Birthday to everyone born in March!

Here, have some birthday cake....
(3)

Me too, Golden.

I am always relieved whenever she has a few days where she feels better.

Then I usually get a call or text message from her that she’s back in the hospital.

We expect our health to fail as we age but she struggles in her 30’s. It is hard to see anyone suffering but especially hard to see younger people suffering.
(2)

cw - Of course!!!
(1)

Need - hope the drs come up with a treatment plan that improves your dd's quality of life

Max - the mustard and cream sauce with peppercorns sounds awesome.
(3)

cw,

Always a good choice!
(1)

You guys are making me want some roast pork, but I like the fatty cuts best so there are cracklings.
(3)

Max,

We love a Dijon mustard sauce!
(1)

Hi all - I also roast my pork tenderloins with rosemary and garlic cooked in olive oil. I also make a pork "loin" same way with onions, garlic, rosemary, potatoes, wine and olive oil. I also make this with bone-in pork chops. I also make the pork tenderloins french style with a mustard and cream sauce with peppercorns. Yummy! Bon Appetit ❤️
(4)

Thanks for your prayers, Golden. I do find it comforting when others pray for her needs.
(2)

Send,

The doctors are discussing surgery for my daughter. She’s already been through quite a bit. She spends a good deal of time at the doctor’s office or the hospital.

I’m glad that the 13 year old that you are referring to gained weight and is doing better. I hope that one day my daughter will improve too.
(2)

NHWM,
There was a 13 y.o. who came to the doctor's office with Chron's disease.
The surgeon removed a portion of the intestine. I think that is the treatment, and not sure if it was a cure. But he gained weight, no longer appeared sick.
I could be wrong.

I read that there is no cure.

Your DD has a challenging illness with diabetes and Chron's disease.
I am going to pray also.
(1)

Diabetes would complicate things. I wish there was a cure for both diabetes and Crohn's. Still praying for her.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter