Follow
Read More
4 5 6 7 8
Is this when California slides into the Pacific Ocean?
An earthquake about 9 p.m. last night has caused frequent aftershocks all night and all day.

Maybe that is what scared my Tweety, but we have not felt it.

Reported 16 hrs. ago:
Earthquake…5.7 magnitude earthquake centered in Mettler, 20 miles southwest of Bakersfield
UPDATE: shaking widely felt across the Antelope Valley and Santa Clarita Valley…numerous aftershock in the 4.0 - 4.5 magnitude range
UPDATE 2: 12 aftershocks have occurred in first 30 minutes after the initial quake
UPDATE 3: as of 10:20pm a total of 62 aftershocks have been recorded.

and that was just last night....aftershock continuing.
(1)

Send ,
Seems silly to check if you are a robot . Only a human would order food .
(2)

Guess there will be no groceries today. And no kiddie pool either.
Instacart has never been instant, and the website freezes up just when I am ready to click on order.

Today, they could not verify that I was human, a new feature.

Of course I am human. The kind that will not wait more than 30 seconds watching that circle spin......
(3)

O Wow CWillie.
I am tempted to try that.
Sounds like fun, and the cooneys could have their bath.
(0)

Send I can remember years ago we got lazy and left the kiddie pool filled over night and I was woken by raccoons chirping and chittering, when I looked out they were having a pool party
(5)

Thanks Margaret!
Good information, one would think my dH would know that!

He is pre-occupied lately, very busy. (In a productive way.)
I had to stop asking him because most of it was misinformation coming back to me. As if he hardly had listened. He will just love discussing this now, about the 3 beams.
(1)

Cwillie,
No water features on my property.
I thought if we squirt them (coons) with the water hose, they would move on?
Guess not, if they like water.

These smell really bad.

So different from years ago, late nights, sitting in my car, mountaintop Marin Headlands overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge, and the racoon family came up with their little paws on my car door, open window, looking for a handout. So cute!
So very cute!
(1)

DH says probably not the heat: ‘A simple driveway monitor has one beam, and can be triggered by a bird or a leaf blowing through the beam. Ours which is designed for serious security has three beams, all of which must be broken, and the blurb said that it reduces the chance of false alarms’.
(1)

The driveway monitor is going off without anyone there in the day time.
We believe in this heat, it is being triggered by heat waves.

Sad to say, we have not seen any rabbits or bunnies in the area for about two years. So very cute, but don't mind not having the little round poop pebbles they left on the driveway when they became too many.

I know it's just nature, but I was so upset when years back a black cat went after a baby bunny, just to play with it.

Did you know, (hope I got this right), that possums are immune to snake bites, and eat them!

How is it that two possums were replaced by racoons in just a few days?
Hoping they moved on, seen crossing the streets nightly throughout the neighborhood. Maybe they joined a foraging team?

Nature can seem cruel.

Does anybody care that their outdoor kitties are in danger from coyotes, mountain lions, (yes, big ones) and other critters too numerous to mention?

All of God's creatures, happening now.
(2)

Someone ate my impatiens and morning glories. I suspect rabbits. (but I still love the little cuties) I put out pans of water and now they’re leaving my plants alone. I keep fishing young frogs and toads out of the pool in spite of the cover, mostly deceased. I think everything would appreciate a slow soaking rain.
(2)

I think cats is what keeps the little rascal away from my house, and saves my plants. The squirrels, not so much, the cats can't seem to outsmart them , and they know it.
(1)

I wish the rabbits that are eating my perennials would move on. I’ve never seen this many before . My neighbor is so annoyed he chases them . 🙄🙄🙄
(1)

Both my raccoons and my skunks have, for the most part moved on. We always have a water source around in terms of bird bath and so on, and while I had snails in the garden they were here, but they cleaned out every last one (and I am not kidding here) and then moved to better digs. Our city is full of coyotes now, too, so guess we are heading back to nature.
(1)

Sounds like those coons are canoodling, or perhaps someone has a nice water feature for them to play in?
(1)

Send help, that's kind of cute, I see videos of racoons getting into things, I'm sure it's annoying to live with though.

I was walking down moms steps the other day and saw some over grown weeds, so I pulled them out. Well a snake came out with the weeds . I don't mind snakes horribly, but I like them better when I am expecting them or know they are there. I pretty much like them in a cage. 😂
(1)

Racoons are chirping/chortelling outside, sounded like they have broken into the shed!
Sending dH out there.

Just 3 nights ago there were two very big possums sitting on top of the shed.

Forgot how to get rid of racoons.

We removed the skunk monitors because it could have made the budgie nervous with the beeping electronic sounds. He is feeling better now, but not yet 100%.

If that were the only thing, we could handle it.
(2)

Way, Gershun and Send: Thank you.
(2)

🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️🦙️
(3)

You are welcome Llama. I hope you feel 100 per cent real soon.
(2)

Pamz: Thank you.
(3)

Llama feel better soon!
(4)

You’re welcome Llama. 🤗
(1)

Send, Beatty, Margaret, ITRR, Gershun, Alva, Golden and Way: Thank you ALL so very much! My body will take a while to heal, but with good rest, nutrition and hydration I will. Another vehicle can be purchased at some point; I don't require anything fancy.
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN.
Love,
Llamalover47 💜
(9)

Oh Llama Praise The Lord you are okay. May HE touch your body and give you comfort and healing.
(3)

Llama, so sorry to hear your news.

A lot of car incidents lately on here. Please be careful everyone. I guess even if you are careful there's no accounting for other drivers.

Llama, take care and rest. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
(4)

Llamelover, I am so very sorry and you are in my thoughts. It's going to be a while until you know full extent. Keep a good solid diary and cost accounting. I hope this motorist was well insured! You are going to be hurting a while. Take the medications and stool softeners with them. Be careful so there aren't more falls. Again, I am soooo sorry.
(5)

(((((hugs)))) llama. That's terrible. Prayers for sure for quick healing and recovery. Take very good care of you!!!
(3)

Llama,
So sorry , I wish you a quick recovery with no lasting effects . 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
(4)

Dear Llamalover, I am so sorry to hear about this chapter of accidents. I’m feeling very lucky myself, because we’ve just done a 15000 km trip with no accidents and no dramas that required roadside repairs. Because I just sat still in the truck, I didn't even get a back ache, just a stiff bum. I don’t do ‘pray for you’, but I’ll make an exception tonight, to hope that life treats you better and you feel better too, ASAP. Lots of love, Margaret
(5)

Oh oh oh Llama!! Sending my BEST healing thoughts to you for a speedy recovery. You poor thing! RIP your car.
💔💙💐
(4)

4 5 6 7 8
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter