Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Anyone know where Bandy7 has been? Haven't seen her lately...unless she's 'invisible'.
(3)

High here today was about 48. It rained for the first time this spring. Then turned to snow, blizzard conditions for awhile. Airport closed for awhile due to wind shear.
(3)

Hope your vaca is nice Pam. 4" feels great doesn't it? I did about 6" a few years ago to get some of the layers even. My hair grows super fast, especially the random gray hairs. Lol.
NH for some reason I picture you as a bubbly blonde. :)
(3)

Pam,

I have been almost all silver for a few years now. I think my mom said that she first started seeing grey hair in her 30’s. She colored her hair for a long time. My dad started greying in his 60’s.

My daughter was a waitress at a sushi restaurant in high school. She switched to bartending when she was at LSU. She made tons of extra money being a bartender. Her friends who worked at the mall only made minimum wage and she wasn’t about to do that.
(4)

I have been using the same stylist for years, I love her! Yes it's pricey but I only have the whole shebang 3/4 times a year,, the grey blends into the highlights. I get trims in between. It is still below my neck, so I can still wear a ponytail or twist at work. I do get the occasional pedicure, but nope to manicures,, I have to be able to read or something while they do their thing, LOL I don;t have a ton of grey at almost 65,, my Dad didn;t get grey until he was in his 60s either. and yes I am a great tipper,, gets me in with short notice, and my DD was a waitress in high school and I know how they get paid!
(4)

Need: Yes, as my colorist. DD will never go grey becausce she is a ginger. How nice that your daughter is in her twenties!
(4)

Llama,

Does your daughter do your hair? That’s a nice way to do hair color for people with grey hair.

My. daughter doesn’t have any grey hair yet. She’s in her 20’s. So, I don’t know the exact process of how they do hers.

The stylist has to charge a high amount to make it worth their while. I don’t blame them for charging so much.

I let my hair grow out. It’s silver and I like it. My mom and grandmother had beautiful snow white hair when they got older. My dad had pretty silver hair and mine is like his.

My daughter can afford it. So, if she wants to pay that much, it’s her choice.

My hairstylist just went up in price, but I am sticking with her because I am very satisfied with her work. I tip her plenty each time because she deserves it! I don’t understand why some people don’t ever tip.

I went out for lunch with a friend who is super frugal and I ended up paying for the tip because I think it is awful to be so cheap. Servers rely on their tips.
(5)

Need: My DD is my hair colorist. She covers grey and highlights in one process.
(3)

Pam,

My youngest daughter gets highlights in her hair. She is picky about who does her hair. When she told me the price of what it cost I was shocked.

It’s not cheap! It takes the stylist a long time to do so I guess that they have to charge a significant fee.

Even just a cut and styling cost a lot these days. Same thing with nails. I know women who get the manicures and pedicures every week. That adds up quickly!
(4)

Pamz: Have a wonderful time. Your hair sounds beautiful.
(4)

Pamz - congrats on the new hairstyle. 4" off. Wow, that's brave! Have a great time on your vacation. It sounds awesome!
(5)

A vacation would be so wonderful!
A road trip up the coast of California, maybe.

Soon, the weather will be too hot for me to go outside.
(6)

Your trip sounds fantastic, Pam!

Neither of my daughters are married either.
(2)

Thank you Need,, we are going to Jamaica for my bonus daughter's wedding! I hate airports, but I am going to have a blast once we are in the plane and during the trip! My BFF is also coming, and staying in the room with hubs and I so he is going to look pretty popular,, LOL. My DD is the bridesmaid, and about 40 people are going to cheer BD on ! She is a doll and we love her hubs to be,, he is a wonderful man and wonderful with her son. I hope my own DD meets a man as great as he is!
(7)

Pam,

Enjoy your vacation!
(1)

I got 4 inches cut off my hair and my highlights redone,, more blond for summer. I LOVE IT,, it needed done and now I will feel better on vacation at the end of the month!!
(6)

Great plug for HGTV's Hometown Takeover, second season, on Hoda and Jenna today! It is premiering on Sunday!

So exciting!
(2)

Watching Peter Pan with Cathy Rigby on AARP theatre. They have so many activities that you can participate in via internet.

https://watch.aarp.org/aarptheater/play/640a2ef30299f50036c65285?m=1

You might need to register first.
(4)

hi catskie :),

i haven’t figured out yet whether i’m a night owl or early bird.
:)
(2)

Boj, are you an early bird like me or a night owl? My circadian rhythm(and cortisol level) is off kilter and I wake up @3am. Kinda nice and peaceful :)
(3)

❤️🙂

just looking at some more internet opinions of:
What age do you consider to be "the prime of your life"?

answers:

“I am in the PRIME of my life this year. I’m 97.”

“Ages 75-95.”

“Doesn't matter your age, if today's not the prime of your life then you have the wrong mindset.”

“The best is yet to come. I'll make it so.”

“I'm always in my prime.”
(1)

Flooding bad in some areas of the state because of melting. One area I looked into moving to about six years ago. Happy I don't have to deal with that!
(3)

❤️🙂

i was curious what people consider to be the prime of their life. (so i checked the internet for opinions). many of us on the forum have gone through extremely tough caregiving. some of us worry about our prime slipping away.

it's a serious topic.
but i just want to share some responses, and responses to responses, i saw:

question:
What age do you consider to be "the prime of your life"?

answers:
"Diaper years. No bills, no responsibilities, nap and poop whenever, wherever. Everything is an amazing learning experience. Everyone thinks you're cute. People wait on you all day."

"Did you mean age 0-5 or age 85-100?"

----

"At whatever age you decide not to give a f***k about how others perceive you. (So long as you're not a murderous criminal). This can happen in your twenties, thirties, forties, or never. It's really about being comfortable in your own skin and being confident in who you are. For me this was my mid-thirties after having my first kid. Being comfortable financially also helps but isn't necessarily a must. Then again I may change my answer when I'm 50."

----

"Every day until I'm dead, and then even one more because I'll kick death in the groin and cheat out one more day."

🙂
(1)

That was my question too Barb. He told them he doesn't want to do it himself and that his wife would do it. I told sis to insist that he be trained too, but who knows?
Anyway since we suspect his INR was so high because he hadn't been taking the warfarin properly sis thinks it's just as well she is in charge. The man definitely has brain fog and has for a while, but unlike your DH he's belligerent about it.
(2)

CW, why can't he give himself the injections?

(((Hugs))) to your sis.
(2)

Yes, I get it now. Glad for him that he made it home.
Your sister must be stretched to her limits.
(2)

He came home yesterday! As I suspected he is the one who was pushing to be released as soon as possible 🙄
(3)

CWillie,
How did that go for your Bil yesterday?
Just how is it that on short notice, so many other 'entities' can disrupt our lives?
I hope sis was strong.
(2)

BIL got word he was being discharged today and sis was told when she comes to come pick him up she will be trained to give him his blood thinner by injection. Wait, what?! And no, sis was scheduled to work and she wouldn't be picking him up today.
Geez, it's not as though she hasn't been there every day trying to get info.
(6)

TN,

Not all people are cut out to be good teachers. That’s for sure.

I remember one of my daughter’s teachers saying that she shouldn’t drink milk with her lunch.

This teacher was vegan. She approved of my daughter’s peanut butter and jelly sandwich but told her not to drink milk with it. My kid thought she was nuts! LOL 😆

I don’t care who is or isn’t vegan but she shouldn’t have tried to tell her fourth grade students to be vegan along with her!
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter