Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Need, just seeing this now. ((((Hugs)))) and glad you got him to the ER.

Let us know about what the doc says at follow-up!
(5)

Need, just catching up. Hope things are better? Hope you have both slept & things get brighter today.

PS My hospital go bag always has a water bottle, phone charger, snacks & a big shawl type scarf. I get super cold in waiting rooms, always have. Stress is probably a factor too.

FIngers crossed for you all is OK.
(7)

need, i hope everything will be fine!! and soon!! ❤️
i only now saw what happened.
(3)

sp19690, you wrote: "The sad part for me is how few holidays there are in a year."

that's eggs-actly what i just said! ❤️🙂

----
no, i didn't. but i just really wanted to use that sentence. :)

----
🐇🐇🐇 happy easter monday!

i can hoppily announce, oops i mean happily,
that there is sign of life from notcandoyoda!! :) :)
and from hopeforhelp22!! :) :)

❤️🙂

as warned, i myself will disappear for quite a while.
i'm eating, eating chocolate eggs. need to egg-celerate.
(1)

Just as I got up to go to the bathroom and the doctor walked in to speak with us.

He says that the scan looks okay but there’s some thickening somewhere, I didn’t quite understand what he was referring to. DH has a follow up visit with his doctor.

He did release DH to go home but he has four prescriptions that I will get filled tomorrow, ciprofloxacin, metronidazole, Zofran and hydrocodone.

Thanks to everyone for talking with me. It really helped a lot.

I started thinking about all of the ER trips that I did with my mom to the same hospital as tonight. Bad memories for me.

I appreciate the advice from all of you to call the ER number on the discharge papers and to take him into the hospital.

Hugs to everyone! Many thanks for being there for me.

We just got home. I’m going to crash under a warm blanket! It was freezing in there! I’m so glad that my husband was able to come home with me.

My husband is ‘Mr. Chill.’ If he says that he doesn’t feel well, I know something is wrong. So, going to the hospital was the best thing to do.
(11)

Need,
You could go home and when the doctor comes DH can call you and use speaker on his phone so you can hear what the doctor says .
(3)

NH, I hope everything's ok! What a way for Easter to end. Praying for DH. He's going to be fine.
(4)

Need, maybe stay a little longer and then go home. It won't do either you or your husband any good if you get sick too. I understand wanting to stay too though.
Whatever you decide take care. Get yourself a cup of tea or something soothing if you can. I doubt the hospital cafeteria is still open but they might be able to get you something.
(4)

Gershun,

Maybe I will ask for a blanket. My husband told me that also. I thought that I would get use to it but I am shivering.

Llama,

I don’t know what is going on. The nurse said that they want to watch him and they are probably going to admit him. Waiting on the doctor to see what is going on.

My husband told me if I wanted to go home that he will call me to tell me what the doctor said. I don’t know what I want to do. Part of me wants to go home and part of me wants to stay with my husband.
(5)

Need, ask them to give you a blanket to put around your shoulders.
(4)

Need: Take care of your DH and it's good that he is getting checked out at the ER. Hopefully he doesn't have to be admitted, but okay if they want to monitor him.
It IS cold in hospitals. One time with my mother at hospital I was very cold - took hours to warm up.
(4)

I’m freezing in here. I should have brought a sweater or jacket. I have on long sleeves and I am still cold.
(5)

Still in hospital. It looks like they will admit him. They took blood, urine, did cat scan and have him on an antibiotic drip.

Still waiting to speak with the doctor. I was hoping that he would be coming home with me tonight. Wish the doctor would come in and talk to us.

My daughters want to know how he is but I haven’t spoken to the doctor to be able to let them know what is going on.
(6)

BOJ: Thank you.

Need: Prayers for DH.
(3)

Need, I'm sure your hubs will be fine. Will be praying for you guys.
(6)

NHWM- Sending positive thoughts to you and your husband.
He is in good hands at the hospital.
He will be OK.
He will recover.
He will be fine.
He will go home soon.
(5)

Need,

Keep us posted .
He will be Ok.
(7)

Glad you are going. Prayers for sure! 🙏🙏🙏
(6)

Need hope everything is OK with DH. But I am glad you guys are going to the ER.
(6)

She just called back. She said that we have to go to the ER.

Will y’all please say a prayer? Thanks.

I didn’t expect this. I guess I am more upset because he had a good check up recently. Wasn’t expecting anything else to be an issue.

His oncologist said his numbers were good and everything since his radiation treatments awhile back for his prostate cancer.

I was so concerned about that. I didn’t think much about this procedure because it is a minor thing.

Sorry, I started thinking back about when I was so afraid for him. He was fortunate enough to catch his cancer early.

I have to go. Will talk later.
(9)

Need,

Good the doctor is calling back . Make sure whatever doctor calls back knows that his surgery was nearly 10 days ago .He should be feeling better , not worse
(4)

Glad,

He is on the phone with the nurse telling her that his wife told him to call. You know how men can be. They try to tough it out at times.

The nurse said that she is contacting his doctor. I guess they will call him back shortly.
(3)

NHWM, Achy is normal with fever. He is a week postop and should really be feeling better. What did telenurse tell you? Follow your instinct, get him to ER is needed. To me, it sounds like I would do exactly that.
(3)

BP is 154/78 Now, he is telling the nurse that he had a headache earlier. He didn’t tell me this earlier. Then again, he rarely complains.
(2)

Way,

Okay. Gee, I hope that doesn’t happen.
(1)

He wrapped himself up in a blanket awhile ago. He took it off just now to take his BP for the nurse on the phone.
(1)

To feel worse after almost 10 days after surgery and a fever is a concern .
I said not to give him anymore to eat or drink just in case the surgeon decided
to open him up to “ take a look “ inside .
(4)

Yeah achiness is normal after surgery. Other symptoms like chills, breathing issues etc could be serious. Ask him if he has other symptoms.
(2)

sp,

He’s been achy. Isn’t that normal though? He’s telling the doctor that he has had pain and feels weaker.

He rotated with Tylenol and ibuprofen like the doctor told him to do.

They just told him to take his blood pressure.

I hope that he is okay. Are infections common after surgery?
(2)

Any other symptoms besides the fever?
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter